Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, couldn't they now pursue the timeline from the comics and it will be as though the movie timeline never existed?
That's what they did, Days of Future Past was basically a reboot. The movies and the comics are completely separate but as someone whose a fan of both it's just annoyed me. It's kinda of funny that it annoys me too because one of the biggest arguments made by some huge comic book fans about the movies is...YOU SHOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! And my response is, Why would you want to pay 15 bucks to watch a comic book you read 10 years ago on the big screen? So I'm fine with some of the changes but this one annoys me. Because reasons.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you. It's a new genre of racism. Subtle. Subtle yet blatant.

Care to explain, or is it just so subtle as to defy explanation?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
She went from someone who routinely tried to murder the X-Men (in the comics) to their trainer. She's the face of the new movie series as much as Prof. X is.

Not really that much, at least they got a real ginger this time. Being a comic book fan you get used to the art style and thus outfits changing from one issue to the next so something like eye and hair color is small.

In the comics Storm started out as a thief in Africa to later in her adult years become worshiped as a goddess in Kenya.
Halle Berry never really pulled that off for me. Alexandra Shipp did it well I think, she's from Arizona and it's just her pulling an accent but I thought it went well. She also looked the part more than Berry ever did.

This is what storm looked like in the 80's

MT9w9A.jpg

Every so often she goes back to that hairstyle but as a comic book reader that's the look I always liked for her. So really it comes down to personal preference between Shipp and Berry. There have been plenty of times where Storm had a full head of hair.

Another interesting tidbit now that Disney has brought Black Panther to the big screen is that he and Storm have a long history together. It would be really neat to see her in the planned Black Panther movie. But alas Disney owns Black Panther and Fox owns Storm, maybe if we are lucky Disney and Fox will work out a deal to get Storm in a Disney movie the same way they worked out a deal with Sony to get Spiderman into a Captain America movie.

It's fine. I enjoy this stuff. And there's no time to like now to start reading comics if that's something you'd like to give a shot. The website, "comixology.com" has online comics, if you have a tablet or a smartphone you can read them there, or heck even read them in your computer browser.

They have recently started a "Unlimited" service where for 5 bucks a month you can get certain issues free. I just checked and none of the Marvel comics are unlimited. So there's that.

However Marvel has it's own Unlimited service, it's 10 bucks a month and you can read all the comics you want, many of them going back decades.

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited?...KCObjsT9c-Y3ZeeATI5xkaxBF6lL_n85BtBoC4KLw_wcB

You'll probably wonder where to start reading, that's up to you really these characters and some of these comics books are 50+ years old you will probably never catch up and that's fine because like any good soap opera every few years or so they seem to reinvent themselves.

comixology.com

(Sigh) Well, there goes my free time for the next two months. :p

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
comixology.com

(Sigh) Well, there goes my free time for the next two months. :p
Your welcome! If you are more fond of Marvel than anything check out their site and the Unlimited feature.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Care to explain, or is it just so subtle as to defy explanation?
I explained why you're racist in the first post. But don't worry about it. I called you racist, that's all that matters. It doesn't have to make sense. This is 1984. Words are weapons and don't have to make sense. Does a bullet have to make sense? No, it just has to do damage.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I explained why you're racist in the first post. But don't worry about it. I called you racist, that's all that matters. It doesn't have to make sense. This is 1984. Words are weapons and don't have to make sense. Does a bullet have to make sense? No, it just has to do damage.

Well then, lucky for me you're a lousy shot.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

You've got a weird meta going on that is never going to find it's way to a real point.

For an accusation of racism to do damage it has to be believable.

For it to be believable the person accused has to actually express something that could be construed as racism.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
See I told you how political correctness can tend to eat itself. What if Apocalypse is a devout Muslim? Then you'd be a racist phobe because that's perfectly acceptable in their culture. Maybe Mystique got lippy, we don't know.

To address your original "point":

Well. Roman numeral A. No because Muslim isn't a race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You've got a weird meta going on that is never going to find it's way to a real point.

It just seems meta because he and I have discussed PC in a couple of other threads. The point is real.
For an accusation of racism to do damage it has to be believable.

For it to be believable the person accused has to actually express something that could be construed as racism.

Reality demonstrates that you're absolutely wrong. Wiki the word "niggardly", for one example.
To address your original "point":

Well. Roman numeral A. No because Muslim isn't a race.
You have much to learn of PC, young padawan. Start by watching some TV news shows. If you criticize the religion you're a racist. It may not seem to make sense, but that's only because it doesn't need to.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It just seems meta because he and I have discussed PC in a couple of other threads. The point is real.

Well we are IN a PC discussion thread that you don't actually want to discuss the PC that was actually claimed, but instead decided to complain about how everything becomes about racism for some reason.

Reality demonstrates that you're absolutely wrong. Wiki the word "niggardly", for one example.

I know the example. Your example was hyperbole that one was just stupid.

You have much to learn of PC, young padawan. Start by watching some TV news shows. If you criticize the religion you're a racist. It may not seem to make sense, but that's only because it doesn't need to.

I've a long history of criticizing religion, and I've not yet been called racist.

It's odd that you can't agree with people who essentially agree with you about PC stupidity, in a thread about PC stupidity, but instead have to turn it up to 11.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

He didn't say "true," he said "believable."

If one is going to invoke reality, it helps if one is familiar with it.

So why have you failed to demonstrate it over and over if it's so simple?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well we are IN a PC discussion thread that you don't actually want to discuss the PC that was actually claimed, but instead decided to complain about how everything becomes about racism for some reason.

What makes you say I don't want to discuss it? That's why I posted. I get to attack PC and Islam in the same posts; I like it - kill two birds with one stone. (I'll also work in transgender issues at the first available opportunity.)
I know the example. Your example was hyperbole that one was just stupid.

The fact that you belittle the oppression of people like Apocalypse by calling my defense hyperbole shows what side you're on. For the sake of justice I've no other choice but to call you a racist also. And don't you dare say Apocalypse isn't people or I'll call you a species-ist too.

Racist.
I've a long history of criticizing religion, and I've not yet been called racist.

As I said, you have much to learn. I didn't say "religion" I said "the religion", referring to Islam. You can criticize Christianity all day and you'll only earn applause.
It's odd that you can't agree with people who essentially agree with you about PC stupidity, in a thread about PC stupidity, but instead have to turn it up to 11.

TLK doesn't agree with me, and is hard of hearing.
He didn't say "true," he said "believable."
Yes and he's wrong either way.
If one is going to invoke reality, it helps if one is familiar with it.

No, no. Reality must never be invoked. It interferes with the mission.
So why have you failed to demonstrate it over and over if it's so simple?

Demonstrate what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, no. Reality must never be invoked. It interferes with the mission

Then I congratulate you on your complete disassociation from reality. There's certainly no connection to it in anything you've said thus far.

Upvote 0