Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
First, an apology. This post is likely to be biased in favour of Evolution Theory, or mainstream science in general, but, as a rule of thumb, it really aplies to "creationists" more than "evolutionists".
I will thus keep my argumentation aimed towards you creationists, but evolotinists are invited to read, and heed this advice.

When you come here for the first time, you might be filled with a fervor to spread this new and fascinating thing you have just discovered. You want to tell all the world "THE TRUTH (TM)"!

Perhaps you have just come from a website where it was "scientifically proven" that the world is only 6000 years old.

Or you just read a book where it was explained exactly how the plants could grow on the second day of creation without sunlight.

You have found "proof" againts those evil god-haters, who propose some views that cannot agree with God´s word - and you want to share it.

Well, consider that many of us have been here - and in other related discussions for a while. We know many of the arguments that are presented as "new" and "undisputable".

We know about Dr.Dino/Kent Hovind and his 250,000$ offer, AIG, the Paluxy tracks and polonium halos.

We have debated that and countless other things many times before.

Many are not convinced, many questions are still open - but the debate does already exist.

So, if you come here, and post for the first time, please ASK about a certain topic.

Provide informations that you think are relevant and ASK "So, what do you think? Is this not a proof against (whatever)?"

If you come here, certain of your imminent and glorious victory, with an argument that has been debated, and at least for some of us, completely disproofed twenty years ago - people will react, err, impatient.

An argument may be new for you, but nor for others. Be polite.

So, why do I only bash creationists now, and leave evolutionists unharmed?

I do not.

As has been shown be persistent questioning, it is very difficult to find some positive evidence FOR creationism.

It simply happens more often that people find some new (hypothetical) piece in the puzzle of life than people find things like dinosaur tracks over human footprints, the Ark of Covenant or a working theory for the accleration of the speed of light.

If you think you have found something new - whereever it comes from - post it. But please be open-minded.

Don´t act as if you had just found the hammer to smash the satanistic evolutionists or deluded creationists.

Addition: this is a repost. The original thread got horribly sidetracked by post three, and I think that the idea of this thread is a valid one.

Again I have seen new posters here, who bring on the same old and worn questions, and act very surprised when not everyone falls over shouting: How can we have been so stupid not to see that!

Believe me: we have already seen that.

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"So, why do I only bash creationists now, and leave evolutionists unharmed?

I do not.

As has been shown be persistent questioning, it is very difficult to find some positive evidence FOR creationism"

Sure you do. Science doesn't take half baked theories because it needs one to have. It says, no theory fits so their is no theory. You're biased towards evoultion, as you said, and thus accept a theory most of us would not. Othen then that, good post.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
3rd April 2003 at 08:13 AM Outspoken said this in Post #6

"So, why do I only bash creationists now, and leave evolutionists unharmed?

I do not.

As has been shown be persistent questioning, it is very difficult to find some positive evidence FOR creationism"

Sure you do. Science doesn't take half baked theories because it needs one to have. It says, no theory fits so their is no theory. You're biased towards evoultion, as you said, and thus accept a theory most of us would not. Othen then that, good post.

Which theory I accept is irrelevant here. The basic difference between evolutionists and creationists here is that new creationists come here all the time and use the same old, often-discussed arguments from DrDino, AiG or Jack Chick.

I don´t mind that - everyone has a right to discover these sites and have their arguments discussed here.

But these websites (and their arguments) have been around for a while, so people should not assume that they really bring something new, something that will topple the theory of evolution (or abiogenesis, or Big Bang) instantly. Yet most act this way.

Once in a while, this also happens with evolutionists, but, honestly, when was the last time you saw an evolutionist post a link to TalkOrigin and act like that explains it all?

Evolutionists tend to bring new arguments.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"But these websites (and their arguments) have been around for a while, so people should not assume that they really bring something new, something that will topple the theory of evolution (or abiogenesis, or Big Bang) instantly. Yet most act this way.
"

I agree, but the same goes for the theory of evolution. It has been overdiscussed here but people come and present the some tired out things. :)

What I was refering to is that if you're a true scientist you accept there is no theory because evoulutionary theory is flawed. You don't take a theory just because you want one. That was my point.

"when was the last time you saw an evolutionist post a link to TalkOrigin and act like that explains it all?
"

LOL you've got to be joking. problby yesterday. though I wouldn't make that claim. I make it a habit to avoid this forum if can because of the bashing that usually goes on in here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

L'Anatra

Contributor
Dec 29, 2002
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
4th April 2003 at 02:18 AM Outspoken said this in Post #10
What I was refering to is that if you're a true scientist you accept there is no theory because evoulutionary theory is flawed. You don't take a theory just because you want one. That was my point.

That's ridiculous.

In the sense you're speaking of, ALL scientific theories are flawed. There are many things we do not know about gravity, for instance, or the particles that make up the universe.

Evolutionary theory is not "taken" in general because people "want" it. Evolution is "taken" because it is the best explanation out there regarding the natural mechanisms driving the diversification of life on Earth. It has yet to be falsified, a statement that has likely become cliché on these forums, and elsewhere, by now. Nevertheless, you do not apparently HAVE a point.

Who are you to judge what a "true" scientist is? It's very likely you do not understand scientific methodology at all.

But, since I'm a nice guy, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: If there are actual flaws, Mr. Expert on the Theory of Evolution, what are they? How is the ToE in violation of the methods governing science? Can you direct us to specific evidence falsifying its claims, as Arikay asked?

And just so you know, even if the ToE is falsified in the future by some means, YEC as a scientific theory will still be just as unfounded as it has been for nearly 200 years.

Upvote 0