✟437,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then reread:

There is a good story on this from Jesus in the Urantia revelation when he was in Rome serving as a caravan tutor for the teenage son of an Indian business man.

TRIPS ABOUT ROME

Jesus, Gonod, and Ganid made five trips away from Rome to points of interest in the surrounding territory. On their visit to the northern Italian lakes Jesus had the long talk with Ganid concerning the impossibility of teaching a man about God if the man does not desire to know God. They had casually met a thoughtless pagan while on their journey up to the lakes, and Ganid was surprised that Jesus did not follow out his usual practice of enlisting the man in conversation which would naturally lead up to the discussion of spiritual questions. When Ganid asked his teacher why he evinced so little interest in this pagan, Jesus answered:

132:7.2 “Ganid, the man was not hungry for truth. He was not dissatisfied with himself. He was not ready to ask for help, and the eyes of his mind were not open to receive light for the soul. That man was not ripe for the harvest of salvation; he must be allowed more time for the trials and difficulties of life to prepare him for the reception of wisdom and higher learning. Or, if we could have him live with us, we might by our lives show him the Father in heaven, and thus would he become so attracted by our lives as sons of God that he would be constrained to inquire about our Father. You cannot reveal God to those who do not seek for him; you cannot lead unwilling souls into the joys of salvation. Man must become hungry for truth as a result of the experiences of living, or he must desire to know God as the result of contact with the lives of those who are acquainted with the divine Father before another human being can act as the means of leading such a fellow mortal to the Father in heaven. If we know God, our real business on earth is so to live as to permit the Father to reveal himself in our lives, and thus will all God-seeking persons see the Father and ask for our help in finding out more about the God who in this manner finds expression in our lives.” UB 1955

You don't want to find God, you aren't hungry for salvation. Rather you are just sour Ana the antagonist of CF.

Yea I read it the first time...it's a poor excuse for why your god doesn't reveal himself. They're blaming the disbeliever. It's his fault because he doesn't want to believe as they do.

I pretty much nailed it the first time.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then reread:

There is a good story on this from Jesus in the Urantia revelation when he was in Rome serving as a caravan tutor for the teenage son of an Indian business man.

TRIPS ABOUT ROME

Jesus, Gonod, and Ganid made five trips away from Rome to points of interest in the surrounding territory. On their visit to the northern Italian lakes Jesus had the long talk with Ganid concerning the impossibility of teaching a man about God if the man does not desire to know God. They had casually met a thoughtless pagan while on their journey up to the lakes, and Ganid was surprised that Jesus did not follow out his usual practice of enlisting the man in conversation which would naturally lead up to the discussion of spiritual questions. When Ganid asked his teacher why he evinced so little interest in this pagan, Jesus answered:

132:7.2 “Ganid, the man was not hungry for truth. He was not dissatisfied with himself. He was not ready to ask for help, and the eyes of his mind were not open to receive light for the soul. That man was not ripe for the harvest of salvation; he must be allowed more time for the trials and difficulties of life to prepare him for the reception of wisdom and higher learning. Or, if we could have him live with us, we might by our lives show him the Father in heaven, and thus would he become so attracted by our lives as sons of God that he would be constrained to inquire about our Father. You cannot reveal God to those who do not seek for him; you cannot lead unwilling souls into the joys of salvation. Man must become hungry for truth as a result of the experiences of living, or he must desire to know God as the result of contact with the lives of those who are acquainted with the divine Father before another human being can act as the means of leading such a fellow mortal to the Father in heaven. If we know God, our real business on earth is so to live as to permit the Father to reveal himself in our lives, and thus will all God-seeking persons see the Father and ask for our help in finding out more about the God who in this manner finds expression in our lives.” UB 1955

You don't want to find God, you aren't hungry for salvation. Rather you are just sour Ana the antagonist of CF.

Also, I feel it's important to point out that this stuff never happened. It's a story that people made up and then claimed was the result of space aliens.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The greatest of ironies exist among Atheists and scientists, who campaign for evolution, but cannot even conceive evolving themselves or ascending to anything higher than their best organic self.

Oh, I can conceive of it, but have not found sufficient reason to believe it is more than a castle in the air. Beautiful, but with foundations falling far short of any building code.

P. S. "Ascending" and "higher" are loaded terms, and do not normally belong in any juxtaposition with "evolution". Evolution has no long-term purpose or goal, and it is usually misleading or mistaken to describe to describe any organism as "higher" or "lower". When humanity's been around a few hundred million years we will have a better claim to be something exceptional.
For now we're a fresh blind experiment with interesting properties and potential but worrying instability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yea I read it the first time...it's a poor excuse for why your god doesn't reveal himself. They're blaming the disbeliever. It's his fault because he doesn't want to believe as they do.

I pretty much nailed it the first time.

No, it says that your conceited egotism prevents you from sincerely searching for God with a whole heart. It would require a change of heart on your part which isn't likely to happen any time soon. That's why on the occasion of the narrative Jesus didn't waste his time with the thoughtless Pagan. It would have been casting pearls before swine.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Also, I feel it's important to point out that this stuff never happened. It's a story that people made up and then claimed was the result of space aliens.
You aren't a very good judge of what's important in life, your an atheist who makes fun of special Olympics children. Your claim that people made it up is a bald assertion.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You aren't a very good judge of what's important in life, your an atheist who makes fun of special Olympics children. Your claim that people made it up is a bald assertion.

This is a blatant lie. I didn't make fun of special Olympics children.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, it says that your conceited egotism prevents you from sincerely searching for God with a whole heart. It would require a change of heart on your part which isn't likely to happen any time soon. That's why on the occasion of the narrative Jesus didn't waste his time with the thoughtless Pagan. It would have been casting pearls before swine.

Like I said...blaming the disbeliever.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I believe my existence as an individual and an intellectual being, are worthy of a more than such elementary observation.

It's not elementary. Doing psychological research is exacting work.

Before I qualified I thought research would be easy street but hey oh! It's far more demanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Then reread:

TRIPS ABOUT ROME

What.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ok, to be fair I don't really think you made fun of special Olympics people. Im just playing with you, I don't want people here to get the wrong impression.
Is bald faced slander your idea of playing with someone?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is bald faced slander your idea of playing with someone?
Yes, Ana and I had a conversation on another thread. You are late to the party. It was based on this quote from Ana:

"I've concluded that the UB is incorrect on this point...something that you avoid by complaining that I haven't read the entire book (which is completely irrelevant). If anyone's doing metal gymnastics...it's you. The only problem with that is...you should be doing those mental gymnastics for the special olympics team, not competing against the professional athletes."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ok, to be fair I don't really think you made fun of special Olympics people. Im just playing with you, I don't want people here to get the wrong impression.

Oh, I think I got the right impression.
The failed "Christian psychic" act helped.
Always so sure they can read non-Christian minds and motivations. Virtually always missing by a mile.

Christian psychic card trick.
"Your card was the ten of clubs."
"No, it was the six of hearts"
"It was the ten of clubs, but in your self-denial you haven't realised it, yet."

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You left out the part were you stated that some races are superior to others and were called out for that.
I don't recall you being a part of that discussion. Ana was referencing some clips from the Urantia Book on a skeptic site of some sort trying to paint the UB as "racist" because it discuses eugenics and gene distribution.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I think I got the right impression.
The failed "Christian psychic" act helped.
Always so sure they can read non-Christian minds and motivations. Virtually always missing by a mile.

Christian psychic card trick.
"Your card was the ten of clubs."
"No, it was the six of hearts"
"It was the ten of clubs, but in your self-denial you haven't realised it, yet."

Nonconformist are all alike. Atheist tend to all say the same thing which generally includes terms like "assertion" or "non-verifiable". They join Christian forums to basically mock and impugn people of faith by engaging them with all manner of would be clever arguments. That your motives are transparent is your own problem.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
tHREAD CLOSURE SOP.jpg