Results are only viewable after voting.

bluebug83

Jan 5, 2007
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say we've had a handful of highly emotional encounters (not all of which fall under "fights") in almost two years of marriage. (the kind I'm counting is something that invokes a strong enough emotion that usually lasts in some form for about a day, even if it is after we've resolved it or made up). For us, they almost seem to happen in "spurts" rather than at regular intervals - ie, one will cause us to have a series of more minor fights for a week, then we'll get better and go awhile before having another one.

I think we are a bit more "volatile" than the average couple...if something is bothering one of us, we do make sure we discuss it until we reach some kind of understanding or resolution, which sometimes involves a heated argument. But usually after we've had an argument, I usually feel good that it's something we did get out and discuss, even if the process of doing so was not pleasant (or if we learned an important lesson to not let something so stupid get to us so strongly, or how to respond better to the other person). So in a way, I do feel like each argument we've had has made us stronger as a couple.

There's not a lot of important things that we disagree on, so such a thing doesn't happen that often. And I will say that in the midst of the maddest I've ever been at him, I still loved him dearly, and have never come remotely close to regretting I married him.

Upvote 0

jacquidube

Veteran
Jun 5, 2005
HERTFORDSHIRE
✟17,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
We have heavy discussions which can lead to us falling out.

We used to argue all the time when we first met and he was physically abusive and so was I, trying to protect myself.

If we don't agree with one another we tend to separate in the home. Its really weird because we just pass each other like we are strangers. He likes to be right all the time. I am only right if I agree with him.

We shouldn't be together but God has other ideas.

Upvote 0

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have heavy discussions which can lead to us falling out.

We used to argue all the time when we first met and he was physically abusive and so was I, trying to protect myself.

If we don't agree with one another we tend to separate in the home. Its really weird because we just pass each other like we are strangers. He likes to be right all the time. I am only right if I agree with him.

We shouldn't be together but God has other ideas.

:hug: You'll be AMAZED at what God is and will be doing through your situation! :thumbsup:

We tend to average one big flare up a year. And it's always a positive thing, cos it draws us closer together and teaches us to be more considerate & understanding of one another.

In the interim, we just bicker & snipe at each other on occassion, but less & less as time goes on & our understanding & consideration for the other grows.

EVERYTHING that life has thrown at us has made us more in love & more committed :thumbsup:

Upvote 0