Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
✟11,055.00
Faith
Christian
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“We Are ALL Sinners”
Romans 3:23 NLT
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

The other day, while I was on my way to work, I was coming to a roundabout and I saw a minivan on the left coming at quite a fast speed. I wasn’t even going to try to beat them into the roundabout. I just let them go through and I watched them drive very quickly around and down the road. As I kept driving, I just watched them drive and go around vehicles. My first thought was, “Wow, they need to slow down! Too many crazy people driving like that!”

After this thought went through my mind, I immediately remembered how sometimes I am not the greatest driver either. It’s so very easy for me to criticize other people who are driving crazy and going off on them verbally for their stupidity, but so often I am honestly the same way. I don’t like to admit it, but it’s true. I get frustrated in traffic and get in a hurry. As I thought about this more, I thought about how I need to take the log out of my eye and not be a hypocrite. I’m not saying I’m a crazy driver all the time, but I have my moments. Don’t we all???

As I kept driving, I thought of this verse and how it explains we are all sinners in need of God’s saving grace. None of us are exempt from needing Him. We have all messed up and fallen away from God and we desperately need Him. It’s so easy to judge what someone else is doing and forget that we so often have our bad moments just like the people we are criticizing. It’s so true!

As we approach Christmas coming up and even beyond that, may our hearts be ever full of grace and not judge so quickly. The same God Who forgives other people who act so idiotic in our eyes, is the same God Who forgives our idiotic times as well. Let’s practice love, even when it’s so hard to give.

We didn’t deserve His love, but He gave it on the Cross. He also died for others as well, so let’s start practicing some better love. Be more understanding of others on the road. Maybe that person driving the minivan so fast was having a bad morning. We all have bad mornings and days sometimes!

I once heard a story of a person in a coffee shop that had an encounter with another rude customer. Instead of fighting back with mean words, the person offered to buy their coffee and mentioned them having a bad day. Wow, could we be that person when others are being rude? I hope so!

Remember friends, we are ALL sinners and we ALL need God’s forgiveness. None of us are exempt from needing Him. Next time you get mad at someone in traffic, remember you’ve most likely acted that way, too. Instead, pray for the person and ask God to bless their life.