Feminism is not compatible with Christianity?

blessedwife318

Sep 30, 2015
✟15,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Merriam-Webster:
I think the word you are looking for is "Misandry".

Feminism is about equality. Not about hating men.

But of course, I'm only a woman. And men get to define what TRUE feminism is.:rolleyes:

I'm only a women and I think that true feminism is about hating men.
One of the many reasons I'm not a feminist.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm only a women and I think that true feminism is about hating men.
One of the many reasons I'm not a feminist.

See post 184 above. We don't get to make up our own definitions to suit our particular political or religious agenda.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This type of feminism allows for non-Christians to make choices according to their own values. There is nothing unChristian about that. What makes it unChristian is when a Christian woman makes those choices. And even then, they are not the unforgivable sins.

Should Christians have allowed Germans to kill Jews if the Germans were pagan?

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Should Christians have allowed Germans to kill Jews if the Germans were pagan?
Your reply is not equivalent and I could certainly answer to it, but the OP has specifically and on more than a couple of occasions requested that this thread stay on topic without discussing abortion or homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Now we come to the heart of the issue, which is the fact that all human beings are sinners. Therefore men exploited women (as well as men), and women "forced" men to stop their exploitation.

But this does not address the issue of whether Feminism is compatible with Christianity. A Christian man by definition is forbidden from exploiting anyone, but Paul speaks of "this present evil world" and what you have mentioned pertain to that world of humanity.

Satan wants men and women to believe that they are at war with each other, and in fact instigates that warfare. What Christian men and women should clearly understand is that all Christians are in a spiritual battle with evil and demonic forces, and one of the stratagems of these spirits is to created dissension and hostility between husbands and wives.

But God has already provided the remedy. Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the Church, but wives are to submit themselves to their husbands as unto Christ. Unfortunately too many wives have a serious problem with this, because the flesh always rebels against the Spirit.
My husband and I submit to each other, which is the biblical way. :) No dissension there.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Love is earned. An X chromosome does not entitle one to love.

How does that sound? Not so great, right. You can't have it both ways. Love given to a wife or respect given to a husband is not conditioned on performance.
There is no love without respect or respect without love. But both are earned. A person who treats their partner with contempt and hatred, who cheats on them and/or abuses them will most likely lose that person's love, and respect works the same way. You have to earn both.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What I call feminism is just what it started out to be --- a fight for women's suffrage, to be treated equally before the law, equal pay for equal work, etc. More recently we have seen a few (very few) feminists become radicalized and extreme in their views and in their man hating. THAT is what I would say is not true feminism.

I'm responding to specific challenges.

My original post on this thread stated that Christianity is not compatible with the feminism that promotes abortion and homosexuality. I would think that would be obvious.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Those who revert to Hitler are the ones who have nowhere left to go.

It doesn't have to be Hitler. It could be a slave owner. There are hundreds of possible analogies.

A Christian is obligated to seek justice for the weak and powerless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't have to be Hitler. It could be a slave owner. There are hundreds of possible analogies.

A Christian is obligated to seek justice for the weak and powerless.
Hundreds? And who is the powerless here? Men? Are men powerless?

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The unborn child.
You have been told repeatedly that the topic of this thread is not abortion. Abortion is not to be discussed on this forum - go and look at the rules and you will see that. If you want to discuss abortion, there are other places to do that, but you should abide by the rules of the forum. Because Christians should also obey rules.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have been told repeatedly that the topic of this thread is not abortion. Abortion is not to be discussed on this forum - go and look at the rules and you will see that. If you want to discuss abortion, there are other places to do that, but you should abide by the rules of the forum. Because Christians should also obey rules.

You just pursued it. Don't bring it up if you don't want a response to your question.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You just pursued it. Don't bring it up if you don't want a response to your question.
And I would guess that a post about Hitler is about abortion. LOL. You are the one carrying it on. You made that post an hour ago. You should take it somewhere else.

Upvote 0