Visit site
✟16,432.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys. Hope all is well here, it has been a while.

I used to come here quite a bit but have been absent over the last couple years. Bit of a backstory.....

A year ago things were great. I was advancing in my career, and enjoying life. 10 months ago I came down with a severe immune and neurological illness that has basically left me bedridden for months. It is extremely rare and as of now there is very little that can be done in the way of treatment. I feel as if my life, dreams, ambitions, everything I was working for was stolen from me in an instant.

I don't know how much longer I can take the constant sickness, pain and inactivity that my everyday life consists of. I no longer feel that being alive is a blessing and am losing any hope I have rather quickly.

Why would God confine me to such a miserable existence?

Please keep me in your prayers and if you have gone through anything similar I could really use the encouragement right now.

Feb 24, 2014
✟15,162.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"Why would God confine me to such a miserable existence?", First of all you NEED TO KEEP IN MIND, Romans 8:18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Jesus Christ will redeem you from this body.

Any pain brought upon you in this physical realm is merely a test of faith. I have somewhat bad scoliosis I'm only 20 years old....and it hurts to breath and I cannot stand or sit up straight.

CHRIST WILL REDEEM US!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi. i feel your pain and am offering my humble prayers for you.
Sometimes I feel the opposite. I have a good career, health, and enough money. However, I have messed up everything in my life. Or so it certainly seems to me. Sometimes I find myself wishing that God would give me something like that to shake my foundations. I know that's a terrible thing to say or even think, but I feel like I've wasted every gift he has given me.
I hope you are able to find a mission in your suffering. Be a symbol to people like me who take everything for granted. see God in your suffering and make yourself a beacon, if you can.
Again, I'll pray for you and hope you will offer a prayer for me as well.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

beardedone

Sep 30, 2009
OH
✟27,803.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hey man--I can relate to a point on the physical sickness stuff. I've had two non-curable, chronic diseases that the medical field knows little about. I grew up with Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome and now I have Crohn's disease. I had one year between growing out of CVS and developing Crohn's. That's the only year of my 30 that I have been mostly healthy (I also deal with migraines).

Know that I will keep you in my prayers (as much as that can mean coming from someone on the internet) and if you want to PM me, I'm more than good with talking to you about all of this. I know it sucks but try to keep your head up and remember the good stuff you still have in your life.

Upvote 0

searn77

Orthodox Christian - TOC
Jan 20, 2013
✟96,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You are in my prayers. I tried sending a longer personal private message to you but due to my low post count I was unable to send it. If you can shoot me a pm I think I may be able to pm you back without needing a high post count. Otherwise I'll see if I can't raise my post count in order to send it to you. Either way, know that God hasn't forgotten you & that you are in all of our prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lord, have mercy on your suffering servant.:crosseo:

I admit I do not know the depth of your suffering & I do not believe God is afflicting you. We need to soberly encourage and foster hope for you; that is what God is summoning us to do. All I can say is please do not despair although how could you not have some sorrow? I hope by grace our prayer for you and those who treat you will bear out in your healing.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Giantsbran1227 said:
Hey guys. Hope all is well here, it has been a while. I used to come here quite a bit but have been absent over the last couple years. Bit of a backstory..... A year ago things were great. I was advancing in my career, and enjoying life. 10 months ago I came down with a severe immune and neurological illness that has basically left me bedridden for months. It is extremely rare and as of now there is very little that can be done in the way of treatment. I feel as if my life, dreams, ambitions, everything I was working for was stolen from me in an instant. I don't know how much longer I can take the constant sickness, pain and inactivity that my everyday life consists of. I no longer feel that being alive is a blessing and am losing any hope I have rather quickly. Why would God confine me to such a miserable existence? Please keep me in your prayers and if you have gone through anything similar I could really use the encouragement right now.

I'll be praying for you. The Lord never abandons us because of His great love for us.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys. Hope all is well here, it has been a while.

I used to come here quite a bit but have been absent over the last couple years. Bit of a backstory.....

A year ago things were great. I was advancing in my career, and enjoying life. 10 months ago I came down with a severe immune and neurological illness that has basically left me bedridden for months. It is extremely rare and as of now there is very little that can be done in the way of treatment. I feel as if my life, dreams, ambitions, everything I was working for was stolen from me in an instant.

I don't know how much longer I can take the constant sickness, pain and inactivity that my everyday life consists of. I no longer feel that being alive is a blessing and am losing any hope I have rather quickly.

Why would God confine me to such a miserable existence?

Please keep me in your prayers and if you have gone through anything similar I could really use the encouragement right now.

Would you mind sharing your baptismal name? I would like to add your name to those being prayed for during Liturgy. Thanks.

Mary

Upvote 0