Visit site
✟16,432.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Would you mind sharing your baptismal name? I would like to add your name to those being prayed for during Liturgy. Thanks.

Mary

Alexius

Sorry for the late reply, it's been rough these past few weeks.

Thank you for all of the responses

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2012
Athens Greece
✟15,467.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi Alexius. I never had an illness like that so I cannot really relate. However I lost my dad about a year ago and it was harsh. What I am trying to say is that everyone of us is carrying his own cross. Some are heavier than others (yours for instance is far heavier than mine). The point is that misfortunes are going to strike both the pious and the wicked. If being pius was an insurance for health and good luck, then being one would lose it's meaning. The point is to keep trusting God and your fellow man even when things aren't going your way.
Like Job did, like the Apostoles and the Saints did and even like God does even when humanity betrays him so cruely. This is the very definition of holiness.

The good thing about our faith is that our God is a God who suffers with us, who was the first to carry His cross, to lead all the misfortuned.

I can understand how you may feel betrayed, but I believe this is the wrong way of looking at it. Try to endure it, taking strength by relating with Jesus who suffered on the cross. Know that you are suffering by His side and that He will not leave you unrewarded for it.

Please keep us informed and know that we are with you and that we are praying for you. Do what you can to stay positive and continue your life. Arm yourself with faith. Turn your hopes to God, entrust Him with everything and know that either in this life or the next He will indemnify you.

Your is Christ
Nikos

Last edited:
Upvote 0