Excellent Advice For New Christians

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are you asking if I'm guilty of backsliding? Yes. Not to justify myself, but who aside from Christ can ever claim they are not guilty of backsliding on a regular, even daily basis?

Are you asking if I'm born again? Absolutely. Of the Spirit.

Are you asking if I'm Christian? Unless they've redefined the word to mean something other than a follower of Christ, yes I am a Christian.

God is worth everything.
All else is worth nothing compared to Him.
Make a list of all your priorities.
Then go down the line and match up their worth to you, compared to the worth of God to you.
You will soon see how out of balanced your life has become.
Get your priority correct. There is only 1.
And your life will come back into balance,
Perfect balance.
This will bring many many good things of the Lord upon you and you might find the grace of God in everything you do.

My friend,
May I suggest to you a very good way to help your ownself do some good for your ownself.
So starting tomorrow when you get out of bed, get yourself a pad and pen, and every time you sin, confess it to the Lord then write it down on the pad.
Then after you have done this all day, the next day continue to write them down but this time, try not to do the same ones as you have written down on the pad, and become aware of them to the point, that you begin to resist doing them to the point that you over come the easiest of them first, then work on the harder ones as you get to them.
This will work, if you are willing and have a strong desire to repent and cut down or even get rid of your sins that you do over and over willingly and knowingly every day.
Just like someone who drinks to much, it is an everday thing, but if they want to enough, they can stop drinking and many stop completely.
So it can be done.
I have seen it done.
Every day, you get up from sleep, as you do anything that day...ask yourself... is this going to bless the Lord in any way.

This will help you come back to the Lord.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I knew you wqs a backsliden born again christian. They virtually always give me the same excuses.

You see that is the ministry the Lord gave me...finding backsliden born again christians and helping them to come back to the Light.

I've never left the light since Christ rescued me from my mess. Your detector is on the fritz, sir. :)

Allow me to ask, do you believe that a true, saved Christian does not and can not sin?

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've never left the light since Christ rescued me from my mess. Your detector is on the fritz, sir. :)

Allow me to ask, do you believe that a true, saved Christian does not and can not sin?

How do you tell the difference between a true saved christian and a false condemned christian?

What is your method?

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why keep bringing sin to your rememberence - if you just put your hand in the hand of Jesus and let the Holy Spirit lead you, you will not be thinking about sinning, you will be thinking about the most beautiful walk there is. He is your friend, talk to him, sing to him, Praise him, the sin will dissappear and you will grow closer to God.

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why keep bringing sin to your rememberence - if you just put your hand in the hand of Jesus and let the Holy Spirit lead you, you will not be thinking about sinning, you will be thinking about the most beautiful walk there is. He is your friend, talk to him, sing to him, Praise him, the sin will dissappear and you will grow closer to God.

The devil is as an angel of light?

Is he not?

Upvote 0