Excellent Advice For New Christians

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My friends,May I suggest to you a very good way to help your ownself and do some good for your ownself, which in turn will help you bless the Lord even more.So starting tomorrow when you get out of bed, get yourself a pad and pen, and every time you sin, confess it to the Lord then write it down on the pad. Then after you have done this all day, the next day continue to write them down but this time, try not to do the same ones as you have written down on the pad, and become aware of them to the point, that you begin to resist doing them to the point that you over come the easiest of them first, then work on the harder ones as you get to them.This will work, if you are willing and have a strong desire to repent and cut down or even get rid of your sins that you do over and over willingly and knowingly every day.Just like someone who drinks to much, it is an everday thing, but if they want to enough, they can stop drinking and many stop completely.So it can be done. I have seen it done.

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So every time I fail to love God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, all my strength, and love my neighbor as myself...I am to start writing? If that is the case I will never stop writing!
I'd rather believe the Gospel and rejoice in loving God and helping my neighbor in thankful response for His great love.

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Were you able to go into the Temple of the Father in Heaven?
Could you see in?

So what do I know that was incorrect?
Was it the second Exodus? or the Living Blood and Water?
Or was I wrong about Sol Invictus?

My friend,

I am thinking you have lost your way.

This thread is about helping people do less sin in their lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's a pretty overwhelming task. I once asked a man who was discipling me how many sin areas should I focus on eliminating, and he said he would go with any more than two at a given time. The more we focus on it, the more evil we see.

"that you begin to resist doing them to the point that you over come the easiest of them first, then work on the harder ones as you get to them."

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My friends,May I suggest to you a very good way to help your ownself and do some good for your ownself, which in turn will help you bless the Lord even more.So starting tomorrow when you get out of bed, get yourself a pad and pen, and every time you sin, confess it to the Lord then write it down on the pad. Then after you have done this all day, the next day continue to write them down but this time, try not to do the same ones as you have written down on the pad, and become aware of them to the point, that you begin to resist doing them to the point that you over come the easiest of them first, then work on the harder ones as you get to them.This will work, if you are willing and have a strong desire to repent and cut down or even get rid of your sins that you do over and over willingly and knowingly every day.Just like someone who drinks to much, it is an everday thing, but if they want to enough, they can stop drinking and many stop completely.So it can be done. I have seen it done.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rome strangulated the populace with this teacing in the 11th-14th century. I guess it helped their selling of Indulgences to guilt ridden devotees.
An occasional inward turn is ok to make sure you are trusting in the True God, but for the most part we walk by faith as Peter did on the water (before he took a dump), keeping our eyes on Jesus, calling upon Him for our help.
The waves of our sin will surely overwhelm us if we so desire to gaze within.

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Rome strangulated the populace with this teacing in the 11th-14th century. I guess it helped their selling of Indulgences to guilt ridden devotees.
An occasional inward turn is ok to make sure you are trusting in the True God, but for the most part we walk by faith as Peter did on the water (before he took a dump), keeping our eyes on Jesus, calling upon Him for our help.
The waves of our sin will surely overwhelm us if we so desire to gaze within.

Well then,

I guess it is a good thing you were not living back then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you always do what you know better to do?

If not then what I am selling is for you.

Of course I do. Just like everyone. We can not stop sinning and doing what we ought not do. That's why Christ had to die in our place. If we could stop God would expect us to stop. But He doesn't expect that we will stop because we can't. None of us can.

Upvote 0
M

Mr_Sun

I am sorry you are to late...I have done tryed this and it works.You people who want to cut down on the amount of sins you do everyday...this will work..The less you sin...the better your life will be to you.That is a Godly fact.
I have actually done this for 2 days... gave up a bad habit of mine...

My skin cleared up and I felt on top of the world.

but something dragged me back down...

Bookmarking the page to start this process tomorrow! I think I will write in Spanish though so my parent's don't know and get all paranoid like they tend to do... lol

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Of course I do. Just like everyone. We can not stop sinning and doing what we ought not do. That's why Christ had to die in our place. If we could stop God would expect us to stop. But He doesn't expect that we will stop because we can't. None of us can.

Are you a backsliden born again christian?

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you a backsliden born again christian?

Are you asking if I'm guilty of backsliding? Yes. Not to justify myself, but who aside from Christ can ever claim they are not guilty of backsliding on a regular, even daily basis?

Are you asking if I'm born again? Absolutely. Of the Spirit.

Are you asking if I'm Christian? Unless they've redefined the word to mean something other than a follower of Christ, yes I am a Christian.

Upvote 0