Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really don't understand evolution. Its not a guided process.
IF I do not understand evolution then the theory of evolution is non existent because I understand evolution better then the VAST majority of people in this world. Just take ONE book, just one. How many people have read even one book about the theory of evolution??? I have reviewed dozens of books that deal with the subject. I do not claim to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination. But your claim that I don't understand evolution is nonsense. Perhaps you are the one that does not understand and perhaps you are guilty of what you are trying to accuse me of. That happens a lot around here.

While we are on the subject: I read "the double helix" back in the 60's when it first came out. What books were you reading and studying back in the 60's? Some of my favorite books about evolution has to do with fire and how they feel the "discovery" of fire has fueled our evolution as a species. Next I like to study food and exp the neolithic revolution. Even though that is very recent in human history I still like to explore the part food plays in our evolution and development as a species. They say that individuals do not evolved and actually individual species do not evolve either. The whole biosphere evolves not just individual species within that biosphere or the bio diverse ecosystems that make up the biosphere.

Sense you present your self as a leading expert then maybe you can explain Symbiosis. How can two separate species evolve traits that just happen to fit so perfectly together? Perhaps you can share with us your vast knowledge of evolutionary science.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<Staff Edit>Be careful what you accuse other people of. You are often guilty of what you accuse others of, so you maybe telling on yourself. God does not give us the ability to judge others, He only gives us the ability to judge ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand that you belive, but why do you feel the need to missuse words like proof? You really have no proof and thats a fact. Faith is just that, belief without proof.

For me its proof. Why must you question it? You know and everyone else knows that they cant prove or disprove God. Why argue with me then? Its irrational. You either believe or not. What do i care if you believe or not? I cant have a Vulcan mind melt with you and show you my soul. You can however invite the Lord in and he will show you the proof you need.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you are quite simply wrong.
I maybe wrong, I am not asking to substantiate my opinions. I am saying look at the evidence before you draw your conclusions. Just like the evolutionist says to the YEC creationist. Look at overwhelming evidence. Atheists and YEC creationists love to bury their head in the sand and ignore the evidence that we have to study. No wonder they are so draw to each other because they both have so much in common in this regard.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
<Staff Edit>

Do you honestly think that millions of people just make up God in their head? If that's what you believe then its no big deal at all. Why debate a bench of stupid people who believe in God? You only prove that you are no better than they are because you spend your life arguing about the same thing.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you honestly think that millions of people just make up God in their head? If that's what you believe then its no big deal at all. Why debate a bench of stupid people who believe in God? You only prove that you are no better than they are because you spend your life arguing about the same thing.

Yes, God is a human invention not the other way around.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am just now realizing that i am in love with God. The whole world seems to be arguing and fighting over just about everything. I have been there. I know i cannot prove God exists no more than i can disprove he exists, but in my heart i am loving God deeply never the less because he makes me so happy. I have been through self condemnation and hatred, deep and difficult struggles in faith, struggles in politics and religion, hardships of life and spirit. I have seen life at its best and worse ... and in the end i am loving God so much because he puts love and hope in my heart through faith in Jesus Christ. In the end, this is all that i want anymore. Praise the Lord, my God.
:amen:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Moreover, since one cannot CHOOSE to believe, what good does church do for those who cannot believe?
46, I'm just curious about something.

What's keeping you from at least becoming a Calvinist?

You talk like one at times.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe, 46and2, that if the religion is promoting joy and love, then it is true.
What happened to the others you truncated?

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Especially the F-word I highlighted?

Is science getting in your way?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God blessed man with science, so mankind could see how different man was from animal. Yet in all mans intellect he cannot see it.
:amen: and :amen:

Reactions: Extraneous
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
46, I'm just curious about something.

What's keeping you from at least becoming a Calvinist?

You talk like one at times.

Lack of belief? :confused::confused:;);)

Although a Calvinist might say, God is keeping me from being a Calvinist. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
There is no alternative. Surely as the sun will set, we will all die very soon.
Of course this is true, and we all know it, but we're not going to change the fact by believing in an imaginary heaven or hell. What is the point that you are trying to make?

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course this is true, and we all know it, but we're not going to change the fact by believing in an imaginary heaven or hell. What is the point that you are trying to make?

Im merely expressing a part of life.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
<Staff Edit>

It is a personal God, and God promised it that way . What should i believe in instead? People? People suck. They do. They are hateful and proud. The words of the gospel make so much sense. I love God and i don't think anything can change that because i have been through hard things, and i still believe in him. That's how i know hes real, because he never forsook me, just as he promised. Although it seemed that way at times, he never did.

Upvote 0