Evolution Promotes Brutality

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you honestly think that millions of people just make up God in their head? If that's what you believe then its no big deal at all. Why debate a bench of stupid people who believe in God? You only prove that you are no better than they are because you spend your life arguing about the same thing.

Real or not, can you think of any reason why unbelievers should be compelled to live by the rules of some else's god?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Real or not, can you think of any reason why unbelievers should be compelled to live by the rules of some else's god?

I dont believe in one man forcing another to do anything. God is about love. The best way to help an unbeliever is to love them. God showed us love even when we were sinners without redemption. We can do no less ourselves. We are not God and cannot make anyone do anything. Not to mention its not our place to judge outsiders. Thats Gods job. However it is our job to preach the word.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is much evidence right in front of your face. There is a huge difference between man and beast. We are so much more superior than animals.
Depends on what you are measuring. The species with the best senses, strength, agility, etc. all are not human. Humans also only have the best when it comes to minds by a shockingly slim margin. Heck, chimpanzees can beat us at memory tasks.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Depends on what you are measuring. The species with the best senses, strength, agility, etc. all are not human. Humans also only have the best when it comes to minds by a shockingly slim margin. Heck, chimpanzees can beat us at memory tasks.

Chimps cannot invent and build computers to do those tasks for them. Mankind is set apart from animals, and they are much more superior than an animal. God wants us to see this truth as well.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Chimps cannot invent and build computers to do those tasks for them. Mankind is set apart from animals, and they are much more superior than an animal. God wants us to see this truth as well.

Sounds like intelligence is the only measure of superiority for you...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I dont believe in one man forcing another to do anything. God is about love.

Saflt, we're not talking about God so much as his fan club...

The best way to help an unbeliever is to love them. God showed us love even when we were sinners without redemption. We can do no less ourselves.

You say you can't, but so many Christians do far less.

We are not God and cannot make anyone do anything. Not to mention its not our place to judge outsiders. Thats Gods job. However it is our job to preach the word.

So all those Christians who seek power -- for example, political power -- to promote a religious agenda are just plain wrong?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Chimps can invent, actually, their inventions just are more primitive than ours. Chimps, dolphins, and a few other creatures all use tools.

Also, humans certainly are not superior in every way. I would love to see a human beat a dolphin in a swimming race.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saflt, we're not talking about God so much as his fan club...

You say you can't, but so many Christians do far less.

So all those Christians who seek power -- for example, political power -- to promote a religious agenda are just plain wrong?

Its not Gods fault. He trully does help people to love others, if they follow his voice, and endure the lesson of love. Love is no easy thing my friend. It can be difficult to learn, but in the end it is a great and wonderful blessing. Im hard headed, but God still loves me, and he helps me. I asked that he help me love people, and he is, but it requires him to soften my heart, that is a little painful for me because im so hard headed, but i love it anyway. I am loving God right now. Im feeling so greatly and richly blessed. In all my humbling failures, i find great blessing. :) Have a good night TLK. I must try to avoid these debate forums, God uses them to teach me lessons i would rather not learn unless i had to.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its not Gods fault. He trully does help people to love others, if they follow his voice, and endure the lesson of love. Love is no easy thing my friend. It can be difficult to learn, but in the end it is a great and wonderful blessing. Im hard headed, but God still loves me, and he helps me. I asked that he help me love people, and he is, but it requires him to soften my heart, that is a little painful for me because im so hard headed, but i love it anyway. I am loving God right now. Im feeling so greatly and richly blessed. In all my humbling failures, i find great blessing. :) Have a good night TLK. I must try to avoid these debate forums, God uses them to teach me lessons i would rather not learn unless i had to.
So, when faced with a challenge, you would rather avoid it than confront it, even though they provide learning experiences?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, when faced with a challenge, you would rather avoid it than confront it, even though they provide learning experiences?

If its necessary, no, i would not want to avoid it. However its not always necessary. I bring more hardship on myself than is needed i think. Im probably my own worst enemy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Its not Gods fault. He trully does help people to love others, if they follow his voice, and endure the lesson of love.

I'm not blaming God -- I hold people accountable for their actions.

Reactions: Extraneous
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The door to the Kingdom may be closed.

When that occurs all people can experience and learn is from the physical. There is nothing more.

The door to His Kingdom has open to me many times throughout my life. You cannot conjure Power or His Being. When He reveals Himself you find Him. When one is born again they get to see the Kingdom, and enter the Presence of Him on High.

Ever learning is no fun, I've been there. Knock on the door. Tell Him to open it. Tell Him you want the new, what is born of Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The door to the Kingdom may be closed.

When that occurs all people can experience and learn is from the physical. There is nothing more.

The door to His Kingdom has open to me many times throughout my life. You cannot conjure Power or His Being. When He reveals Himself you find Him. When one is born again they get to see the Kingdom, and enter the Presence of Him on High.

Ever learning is no fun, I've been there. Knock on the door. Tell Him to open it. Tell Him you want the new, what is born of Spirit.

Bad poetry aside, it doesn't answer the question.

Let me repeat it, since you chose to ignore it the first time:

Can you think of any reason why unbelievers should be compelled to live by the rules of some else's god?

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with your approach, Heissonear. You strongly imply that the only saved persons are those who think the way you do. That's arrogant. In solid theological discussions, you should work to fault your opponents position by providing solid rational rebuttals, and definitely not by casting dispersion on their character as lost souls, unsaved, etc .

Upvote 0