Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are many true Christians who have accepted that life on Earth evolved over millions of years.

In particular, lifeforms have been around for over 200 million years which have continuously lived by biting and devouring other lifeforms.

Has God allowed brutality to be the means for many lifeforms to exist for such a long period of time?

I don't think so. How about you?

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where do you want this survival of the fittest killing done? Out on Hiway 61 for trillions upon trillions of creatures and millions of years?

800px-Geologic_Clock_with_events_and_periods.svg.png

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have some point to make?

Sure he does, "Evilution is all about killin' an' I don't like that, therefore it ain't true!" :-/

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I had to put down my 15 year old Jack Russell Terrier about a year ago.

I am not an expert on dogs, but I can assure you that that is not a Jack Russell Terrier in your photo.

Seriously, I am sorry for your loss. But we know when we get most of our pets that we will outlive them. Part of the price of falling in love with a pet is taking care of it at the end.

Upvote 0

Reasoning

Jan 19, 2016
New York
✟15,643.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Where do you want this survival of the fittest killing done?

If we accept the theory of gravity, does this mean that we have to throw people off of buildings to make them fall?

Theories are descriptive, not prescriptive.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In particular, lifeforms have been around for over 200 million years which have continuously lived by biting and devouring other lifeforms.

If the devouring is inherently evil, why would it be better if they only devoured each other for 6000 years?

Why would a short brutality be more likely to be true than a long brutality? Shouldn't we, um, actually look for evidence that tells us how long this has been going on?

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Has God allowed brutality to be the means for many lifeforms to exist for such a long period of time?

That's like saying that you don't believe in plate tectonics because God wouldn't make a system that results in terrible earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that kill animals.

Or that you don't believe that water is unbreathable by land animals, because God wouldn't make a common material in such a way that it would kill so many animals by drowning. Dihydrogen monoxide, etc.

Or.......

and so on.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are many true Christians who have accepted that life on Earth evolved over millions of years.

Is God allowing such brutality today?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some interesting replies. Many good ones.

But let's look at a major aspect of Hiway 61. Savage killing is the principle factor we want to examine. Time is an element.

Evolution calls the savage killing a part of survival: "survival of the fittest".

So savage killing would be an integral part in God using Evolution as a means of bringing higher forms of life on Earth. Is this correct?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some interesting replies. Many good ones.

But let's look at a major aspect of Hiway 61. Savage killing is the principle factor we want to examine. Time is an element.

Evolution calls the savage killing a part of survival: "survival of the fittest".

So savage killing would be an integral part in God using Evolution as a means of bringing higher forms of life on Earth. Is this correct?

There's a lot of savage killing commanded and performed by God in the OT.

Upvote 0