Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you trust your pastor more than you trust yourself?
You don't know the whole story, chief, because you weren't there.

My dad, over the years, tried to get me to go to church with him.

He also tried to make amends for his wrongdoings with his daughter and got hung up on, the door shut in his face, and his mail returned to sender.

Later, after he died, and my sister started on him about how he never apologized for any of his wrongdoings, I pointed this out to her.

Now we're alienated from each other.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

He also tried to make amends for his wrongdoings with his daughter and got hung up on, the door shut in his face, and his mail returned to sender.

Later, after he died, and my sister started on him about how he never apologized for any of his wrongdoings, I pointed this out to her.

Fascinating story, but it doesn't answer my question.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fascinating story, but it doesn't answer my question.
Then take this thread to an elementary reading comprehension class and have the kids answer it for you.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then take this thread to an elementary reading comprehension class and have the kids answer it for you.

I'm on break from one right now... they're laughing.

Let's try this again.

Are you or are you not one of your father's children?
Do you or do you not trust your pastor more than you trust yourself?

Or, did you make a typo and mean to say that you trust your father's pastor more than you trust -- not "his children" which would include you, but "my siblings"?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or, did you make a typo and mean to say that you trust your father's pastor more than you trust -- not "his children" which would include you, but "my siblings"?
You figure it out.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

And you thought it was the Christian thing to do, to rub her nose in her unhappy state?

• Winner
Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She was obviously unhappy that her father had died with bad blood between them. It doesn't matter so much whose fault it was, but that she was unhappy about it.
Then why were the first words out of her mouth ES SOBRE TIEMPO when she heard the news of his demise?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One could call it "natural selection" because the humans weren't deliberately trying to breed tuskless elephants... their effect on the elephant population was no different from that of any other predator.

I think the effect of other predators was to increase the chances of tusked elephants living to breed tusk genes. Opposite effect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think the effect of other predators was to increase the chances of tusked elephants living to breed tusk genes. Opposite effect.

I mean in general -- a certain segment of the population gets targeted by predators and wiped out because of a certain trait... naturally, those without the trait were not targeted, so they pass on their genes.

the fact that humans are the predators this time changes nothing -- if foxes only chased a certain color rabbit because they were easier to spot, you wouldn't be seeing rabbits of that color for very long.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... naturally, those without the trait were not targeted, so they pass on their genes.
All that story is doing is using evolution propaganda to point out something that simple math can do on its own.

Instead of saying elephants with tusks are being subtracted, evolutionists are saying that elephants without tusks will eventually multiply.

It's just standard evolution propaganda, meant to dupe the public.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All that story is doing is using evolution propaganda to point out something that simple math can do on its own.

Instead of saying elephants with tusks are being subtracted, evolutionists are saying that elephants without tusks will eventually multiply.

It's just standard evolution propaganda.

Actually, it's natural selection in action: You die, you don't have offspring. You live, you do. It's always been simple math.

You only call it "propaganda" because you've wasted so much time demonizing such a simple concept. Obvious, really -- isn't it?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, it's natural selection in action:
More like artificial selection, wouldn't you say?

But all in all, it boils down to simple math; but it's harder to dupe the public with simple math, isn't it?

And because it's so poorly written to begin with, it should include a disclaimer that it is not speaking of Lamarckism; which is the first thing I thought of when I read the OP.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
More like artificial selection, wouldn't you say?

If you had been paying attention to the thread, you would've noticed that I already said "natural" selection because the predators aren't deliberately trying to breed a certain type of elephant... the increase in the tuskless population is incidental.

But all in all, it boils down to simple math; but it's harder to dupe the public with simple math, isn't it?

Now, now... don't be jealous...

And because it's so poorly written to begin with, it should include a disclaimer that it is not speaking of Lamarckism; which is the first thing I thought of when I read the OP.

And yet, even you figured out it wasn't dealing with Lamarckism... eventually.

Upvote 0