Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I guess I shouldn't set my expectations so high, should I?

You do have a high opinion of yourself. You really did think you had a clever "gotcha!" question here, didn't you?

AV, if you're going to be agenda-driven and disingenuous, you're going to have to get better at it.

In the words of Megatron, just before executing a minion for a failed coup attempt, "I can suffer your treachery, lieutenant, but not your incompetence! [kills minion] Treachery requires no mistakes."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You really did think you had a clever "gotcha!" question here, didn't you?
I still do.

You're refusal to answer it speaks volumes ... and makes for a good Sunday school lesson.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I still do.

Then don't blame others for your own delusions of grandeur.

You're refusal to answer it speaks volumes ... and makes for a good Sunday school lesson.

Except I did answer it honestly. Your own dishonesty speaks volumes more.

You asked what a doctor would perform an abortion on -- I answered, honestly, "a woman."

Men don't get abortions -- be sure to cover that in your Sunday School Lesson.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This, AV, is a prime example of why your guys dropped the ball. Morality only means something if everyone is held accountable.

Making excuses for yourself only shows how hollow and hypocritical those "moral judgments" you pretend to value actually are.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Science can tell a person how to perform an abortion;
On what?

(Please answer this honestly.)
On a woman. Honestly!
I guess I shouldn't set my expectations so high, should I?
You really did think you had a clever "gotcha!" question here, didn't you?
I still do.

Whoa! :D Seriously, is this compartmentalisation right up the wazoo, or what? Is it that creationists around here literally don't recognise their questions being answered, or are they blatantly lying about it being an answer...? AV, You even quoted TLK's answer, then you proclaim you weren't answered?? This'd be hilarious if creationists weren't in a position to influence the education of the next generation...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Whoa! :D Seriously, is this compartmentalisation right up the wazoo, or what? Is it that creationists around here literally don't recognise their questions being answered, or are they blatantly lying about it being an answer...? AV, You even quoted TLK's answer, then you proclaim you weren't answered?? This'd be hilarious if creationists weren't in a position to influence the education of the next generation...

Fortunately, I am currently educating the current generation, and so long as creationist-type dishonesty and (as we've seen, exceptionally poor) con artistry threaten to infect it, I have no desire to retire.

I'll videoconference from an iron lung if need be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Fortunately, I am currently educating the current generation, and so long as creationist-type dishonesty and (as we've seen, exceptionally poor) con artistry threaten to infect it, I have no desire to retire.

I'll videoconference from an iron lung if need be.
I'm glad for your commitment - In Australia (like pretty much all other first world nations), young earth creationists are a fringe minority and we don't so often see this phenomenon in any great dose let alone have policy makers of such, so when we do come across them, people gather around to stare & ask questions exposing the contradictions between belief & reality just to see what happens... We're sheltered from much of the controversy that religion and reality cause in the US, so for the most part, we can giggle at distance.

That said, the US is still our Alli and with the change in government there that now sees staunch YECs in charge of the EPA, Education and Science portfolios (among others), there's a considerable concern that we'll experience the flow-on effects that will come from the impact of the incoming policies of said government.

I hope to be wrong on that btw...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad for your commitment - In Australia (like pretty much all other first world nations), young earth creationists are a fringe minority and we don't so often see this phenomenon in any great dose let alone have policy makers of such, so when we do come across them, people gather around to stare & ask questions exposing the contradictions between belief & reality just to see what happens... We're sheltered from much of the controversy that religion and reality cause in the US, so for the most part, we can giggle at distance.

giggling at distance is all well and nice, but laughing in their faces... :oldthumbsup:

That said, the US is still our Alli and with the change in government there that now sees staunch YECs in charge of the EPA, Education and Science portfolios (among others), there's a considerable concern that we'll experience the flow-on effects that will come from the impact of the incoming policies of said government.

There is that -- there's a reason you shouldn't put the clowns in charge of the circus. Oh, well... sometimes you have to let even a nation make its own mistakes to learn from them...

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

It is only for four years. I am hoping that their idiocy is both self defeating and not too harmful.

As you can see asking questions that creationists can't answer without being laughed at does not do as much good here in the U.S.. When there are as many undereducated and ignorant people as we have the laughter is not as loud. It does not motivate them to educate themselves Instead they take it as a personal attack.

Upvote 0