Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Recent quake http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20070816/wl_time/thenighttheandesshook

http://www.ldolphin.org/quakes2.html

THE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE:
DID JESUS PREDICT AN INCREASE IN EARTHQUAKES
BEFORE THE END?

If earthquakes are not on the increase, then what shall we make of the biblical evidence that earthquakes will increase in the last days? As noted above, Hal Lindsey says that earthquakes will continue to increase "just as the Bible predicts for the last days."50 If earthquakes are not increasing, does this mean that the return of Christ cannot be near? Closer examination of the New Testament evidence will reveal that Lindsey's statement is wrong on both counts. Not only are earthquakes not increasing, but also the biblical text never indicated that they would. The popular conception that an increase of earthquakes in frequency and severity is a key sign of the temporal nearness of the end results from a misreading of the biblical text.

Eschatological Birth Pains. The only statement which might suggest an increase in famine and earthquake activity is the final clause, "But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs (hwdíneß)" (Matt. 24:8). Because birth pains begin small and then increase in intensity and frequency, this passage could be interpreted to mean that earthquakes will start small and infrequent and gradually increase. When they reach their greatest severity and frequency, they will give birth to the new age.
But is this the correct way to interpret this clause? If so, the lack of seismic increase we have noted above would confirm that Jesus' return is not near. This would then contradict the many biblical statements that it is near! But there is good reason to believe that Jesus' words do not indicate an increase in frequency or severity of these "general signs," but only indicate their continued recurrence until the end of the age.

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Recent quake http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20070816/wl_time/thenighttheandesshook

http://www.ldolphin.org/quakes2.html

THE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE:
BEFORE THE END?

If earthquakes are not on the increase, then what shall we make of the biblical evidence that earthquakes will increase in the last days? As noted above, Hal Lindsey says that earthquakes will continue to increase "just as the Bible predicts for the last days."50 If earthquakes are not increasing, does this mean that the return of Christ cannot be near? Closer examination of the New Testament evidence will reveal that Lindsey's statement is wrong on both counts. Not only are earthquakes not increasing, but also the biblical text never indicated that they would. The popular conception that an increase of earthquakes in frequency and severity is a key sign of the temporal nearness of the end results from a misreading of the biblical text.

Eschatological Birth Pains. The only statement which might suggest an increase in famine and earthquake activity is the final clause, "But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs (hwdíneß)" (Matt. 24:8). Because birth pains begin small and then increase in intensity and frequency, this passage could be interpreted to mean that earthquakes will start small and infrequent and gradually increase. When they reach their greatest severity and frequency, they will give birth to the new age.
But is this the correct way to interpret this clause? If so, the lack of seismic increase we have noted above would confirm that Jesus' return is not near. This would then contradict the many biblical statements that it is near! But there is good reason to believe that Jesus' words do not indicate an increase in frequency or severity of these "general signs," but only indicate their continued recurrence until the end of the age.
Well, it was certainly one of the things Jesus mentioned we should be looking out for:

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

Just as with wars, famines, plagues... earthquakes are mentioned so we have been warned. I submit that there have been more people dying from major catastrophic events described by Jesus in the 20th century than any other time in history. They certainly are increasing in frequency and intensity.

Personally, I've noticed that about three years ago the majority of earthquakes reported were in the 3-4 magnitude range and now the one's reported are 7-8 range.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Well, it was certainly one of the things Jesus mentioned we should be looking out for:

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

Just as with wars, famines, plagues... earthquakes are mentioned so we have been warned. I submit that there have been more people dying from major catastrophic events described by Jesus in the 20th century than any other time in history. They certainly are increasing in frequency and intensity.

Personally, I've noticed that about three years ago the majority of earthquakes reported were in the 3-4 magnitude range and now the one's reported are 7-8 range.

The link I posted goes into great detail on what we have on record. Abd as far as what we have on record actually shows a decrease in seizmic activity in recebt years.

I know until the invention of the printing press TV Radio and the internet it was not possible to preach the Giospel to the whole world. Now it is so that part of the prophecy can only recently be duldilled.

Yes the plagues like ebola,h5n1,new strains of what was thought of eradicated Bubonic , and polio and the list goes on. They CDC is always worried about these and seem to believe its only a matter of time before we have a worldwide deal.

But this post is pointing out Jesus never said there would be and INCREASE in earthquakes. He just said their would be earthquakes in many places.

Kust found it interesting.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
But this post is pointing out Jesus never said there would be and INCREASE in earthquakes. He just said their would be earthquakes in many places.
Earthquakes in many places is many earthquakes.
I'm often hearing on the news of an earthquake one place or another, and they are big 6 to 7 or 8 on the rs.

I didn't follow those links, there may have been more smaller tremors in the past?

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Earthquakes in many places is many earthquakes.
I'm often hearing on the news of an earthquake one place or another, and they are big 6 to 7 or 8 on the rs.

I didn't follow those links, there may have been more smaller tremors in the past?

There have been biiger oones more frequently eeven in recorded past.
Check out the links.
We did not have news coverage like we do today though.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have been biiger oones more frequently eeven in recorded past.
Check out the links.
We did not have news coverage like we do today though.

We didn't have the means of recording or the means of recording weren't near as sensitive so the conclusion that we are having more is just relative.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
THE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE:
BEFORE THE END?
Depends on what kind of "earthquakes"

Ezekiel 38:19 And in My zeal, in the fire of My wrath, I have spoken: Is there not in that day a great quaking/07494 ra`ash in the land of Israel?

Matt 21:10 And he having entered into Jerusalem/ierosoluma <2414>, all the city was shaken/eseisqh <4579>, saying, `Who is this?'

Matthew 27:51 and lo, the vail/katapetasma <2665> of the sanctuary/naou <3485> was rent in two from top unto bottom, and the land did quake/eseisqh <4579>, and the rocks/petrai <4073> were rent.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe that the Olivet Discourse was meant for you and me.

However, let me say this and I hope I come across this way. What we see in the Bible when it come to apocalyptic language is a repeat of Old Testament allegory and metaphor. This metaphor and allegory was used by the prophets and then repeatedly used by Christ, John and Paul. This means that the hearers of Christ word and the readers of Paul and John's letters would understand the language because the writers were using apocalyptic language that was familiar to their culture.

What we as Christians have to do is be sensitive to those warnings. The warnings of Christ may not be exclusive to us, but the principles can be. Meaning, God's judgement and wrath was poured out on Israel numerous times when they had fallen away from the grace of God and were in disobedience.

We are no different. We are now the Church or "Israel" per say. The same responsibilty to obey God and his word still rests on our shoulders because we "believe". We will be held accountable for what we have, not what we don't have.

When we see Jerusalem and the entire state of Israel decimated by it's oppressors we must look at their spiritual state. Are we, the church, entering into the same errors as ancient Israel. If so we are getting closer to the judgement of God and his Second Advent.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I were living at a time prior to the 20th century when there was no media technology available , then I could not have known about earthquakes occuring all over the planet.

But now I can "SEE"!
Said the BLIND man :)

http://foru.ms/showthread.php?t=3119306-i-am-blind-i-cant-see.html&page=3

2 kings 6:17: "And Elisha prayeth, and saith, `YHWH, OPEN, I pray Thee, HIS EYES, and he doth see;' and YHWH openeth the eyes of the young man, and he seeth, and lo, the hill is full of horses and chariots of fire, round about Elisha.

Matthew 13:15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with [their] eyes and hear with [their] ears, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.scripture4all.org/

Jonah 1:4 And YHWH hath cast forth/02904 tuwl a great wind/07307 ruwach on the Sea, and there is a great Tempest/05591 ca`ar in the Sea, and the ship/0591 'oniyah hath reckoned to be broken/shabar;

Matthew 8:24 and Lo! a great tempest/seismoV <4578>arose in the sea/qalassh <2281> , so that the boat was being covered over by the waves, He yet was sleeping,

Reve 16:18 And there were voices and thunderings and lightnings; and great earthquake/seismoV <4578> such as not there was upon land , so mighty an earthquake/seismoV <4578>, great

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe that the Olivet Discourse was meant for you and me.

However, let me say this and I hope I come across this way. What we see in the Bible when it come to apocalyptic language is a repeat of Old Testament allegory and metaphor. This metaphor and allegory was used by the prophets and then repeatedly used by Christ, John and Paul. This means that the hearers of Christ word and the readers of Paul and John's letters would understand the language because the writers were using apocalyptic language that was familiar to their culture.

What we as Christians have to do is be sensitive to those warnings. The warnings of Christ may not be exclusive to us, but the principles can be. Meaning, God's judgement and wrath was poured out on Israel numerous times when they had fallen away from the grace of God and were in disobedience.

We are no different. We are now the Church or "Israel" per say. The same responsibilty to obey God and his word still rests on our shoulders because we "believe". We will be held accountable for what we have, not what we don't have.

When we see Jerusalem and the entire state of Israel decimated by it's oppressors we must look at their spiritual state. Are we, the church, entering into the same errors as ancient Israel. If so we are getting closer to the judgement of God and his Second Advent.

Ok we have never seen Israel invading countries other
than the the ones attacking them at the borders or THEIR land promised EVERLASING to them in GENSIS !7.

Are you suggesting in anyway Israel and / or their allies fighting the enemy of them ( Islam ) are wrong to defend themselves ?? ( warfare)theri enemy ISALAM who boldly says they are the enemy of Israel being a state ( having the land s of Cannan ) given them by God in GENSUS 17??

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok we have never seen Israel invading countries other
than the the ones attacking them at the borders or THEIR land promised EVERLASING to them in GENSIS !7.

Are you suggesting in anyway Israel and / or their allies fighting the enemy of them ( Islam ) are wrong to defend themselves ?? ( warfare)theri enemy ISALAM who boldly says they are the enemy of Israel being a state ( having the land s of Cannan ) given them by God in GENSUS 17??
So why not go argue to the Muslims about it. Neither them nor the Jews believe our NT is divine anyway. :D

http://www.islamicboard.com/

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
So why not go argue to the Muslims about it. Neither them nor the Jews believe our NT is divine anyway. :D

http://www.islamicboard.com/

I don't believe in argueing but making posts on Muslims boards is a good idea.

Maybe we can lead a few of them out of the darkness and the influence of one of the heads of the beast ISLAM.

We should also stand firm when it comes to Israel and send our army when Israel needs help.
Defending themselves from the greatest evil ever to exist on the planet ISLAM.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Maybe we can lead a few of them out of the darkness and the influence of one of the heads of the beast ISLAM.

We should also stand firm when it comes to Israel and send our army when Israel needs help.
True, Psalm 83 is all about the Islamic nations and is being fulfilled NOW!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
True, Psalm 83 is all about the Islamic nations and is being fulfilled NOW!

Psalm 83

A song. A psalm of Asaph.

1 O God, do not keep silent;
be not quiet, O God, be not still.

2 See how your enemies are astir,
how your foes rear their heads.
3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.
4 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation,
that the name of Israel be remembered no more."
5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you-
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal, [a] Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them
to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.
Selah
9 Do to them as you did to Midian,
as you did to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon,
10 who perished at Endor
and became like refuse on the ground.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12 who said, "Let us take possession
of the pasturelands of God."
13 Make them like tumbleweed, O my God,
like chaff before the wind.
14 As fire consumes the forest
or a flame sets the mountains ablaze,
15 so pursue them with your tempest
and terrify them with your storm.
16 Cover their faces with shame
so that men will seek your name, O LORD.
17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;
may they perish in disgrace. 18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Hi. According to the Muslims, Jesus only came to save the Jews and Israel and not the rest of the World.
Perhaps if Christ-ians could explain the Jewish/Hebrew book of Revelation better to them, and the Jews, perhaps we would have PEACE between those religions.

I view much of Revelation as fulfilled anyway myself [note reve 5:6 for example]. :wave:

http://foru.ms/t5615012-jesus-christ...l-mankind.html
jesus-christ-was-he-sent-for-all-mankind

John 1:29 on the morrow John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, `Lo, the Lamb/amnoV <286> of the God/YHWH, who is taking away the Sin of the World/kosmou <2889>;

Revelation 5:6 and I saw, and lo, in the midst of the throne, and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb-kin/arnion <721> hath stood as it had been Slaughtered/esfagmenon <4969>,

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 83

A song. A psalm of Asaph.

1 O God, do not keep silent;
be not quiet, O God, be not still.

2 See how your enemies are astir,
how your foes rear their heads.
3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.
4 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation,
that the name of Israel be remembered no more."

("Let's wipe Israel off the map." - heard that one lately?)

5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you-
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal, [a] Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them
to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.
Selah

(Do a search on where the peoples are that are mentioned...it's Jordan, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza...hmmm...go figure!)

9 Do to them as you did to Midian,
as you did to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon,
10 who perished at Endor
and became like refuse on the ground.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12 who said, "Let us take possession
of the pasturelands of God."
13 Make them like tumbleweed, O my God,
like chaff before the wind.
14 As fire consumes the forest
or a flame sets the mountains ablaze,
15 so pursue them with your tempest
and terrify them with your storm.
16 Cover their faces with shame
so that men will seek your name, O LORD.
17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;
may they perish in disgrace. 18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

DO you see how this is happening now?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
DO you see how this is happening now?
Time to turn the Bright Light onto all the Nations!!!!

http://foru.ms/t5615012-jesus-christ...l-mankind.html

Luke 2:32 A Light to the un-covering/apo-kaluyin <602> of Nations, and the glory of Thy people Israel.'

Revelation 1:1 A-from-covering/apo-kaluyiV<602> Yeshuwa` Mashiyach, which gives to Him, the God/YAHWEH,

I Want to Make the World Turn Around Lyrics
Artist(Band):Steve Miller

I don't want to live in a world of darkness
I want to live in a world of Light
I don't want to live in a world that's heartless
I want to live in a world of sight
Well you know, I want to make the world turn around

Living in a world of justice
Living in a world of shame
Living in a world of freedom
Living in a world of pain

Turn the darkness into light
Turn the hunger into life
Turn the wrong into right
Put an end to the strife
Turn the blindness into sight
Save a human life
Make the world turn around

I want to live in a world of gladness
I want to know what your heart is made of
Don't want to live in a world of sadness
I want to live in a world of Love

Living in a world of justice
Living in a world of light
Living in a world of freedom
Living in a world of sight

I want to send a message
To every boy and girl
I want to send a message
About the world
We got to build it up
Stop tearing it down
We got to build it up
Make the world turn around

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
LittleLambofJesus tells akubra51 that he is blind and tells me Im a clown and a fool, and it's mine and Akubra51 posts that are deleted - amazing.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool-(moros), shall be in danger of hell fire.

G3474
moros
Probably from the base of G3466; dull or stupid (as if
shut up), that is, heedless, (morally) blockhead,
(apparently) absurd: fool (-ish, X-ishness).

Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries.

Is one who calls another blind, a clown and a fool a little lamb of Jesus, or is he a wolf?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.