• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doing better with homosexual desires, but still struggling.

Mar 31, 2013
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi fellow believers! I am a 15 year old guy. So some of you may know that I posted a thread about me several months ago. It was about how I was struggling with lustful gay desires. I would like to thank everyone who posted praying for me <Staff Edit>. It means so much to me that ya'll were praying. Since then, my relationship with God has definitely grown. I got baptized in May, and it was seriously the best day of my life. However it is now July, and the past lustful thoughts are coming back to haunt me. Sometimes I still give in to my lust and I always feel so guilty afterwards. I can go several days at a time without masturbating, but then I always end up giving in, and it makes me feel so far away from God and I immediately ask Him for forgiveness. Just this morning I had a sexual dream with a guy at my school that I have had desires for. I feel farther from God than ever before, but I know He still loves me and is still there. I would REALLY appreciate any advice and prayers through this situation. I am scared that I will be this way for the rest of my life. I feel like I will never really have good healthy relationships with other believers of the same gender because of my same-sex attraction, and it is extremely discouraging. I have even considered hurting myself, but I never have. I know that I am a new creation in Christ, but the more I look at myself, the more violently disgusted I get.

Last edited by a moderator:

rev2214

Jul 3, 2013
UK
✟7,694.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I've been in the same situation with you with temptations and going for the same sex

The struggling of self is a sign of life , the struggling in life before conversion to christianity is how to do more of this sin and times u can't sleep because you want to do more until you are satisfied , but as a converted christian, theres something in you waring against you of what your flesh wants to do .

There is no problem with struggling some of us think its bad, but if there is a struggling in your life we should praise god because unconverted people don't struggle with their sin. The only people that struggling with their sin are those that are trying to do what is right, if there is no struggling in your experience then thats not good news. If your drowning praise god that your are fighting to keep your head up, if your fighting to keep your head up above the water that means there something in you that wants too live and do whats right. The unconverted man and woman don't struggle with there sins they want to do it more. The moment you feel that struggling and think you don't want to live this way , act this way , look at this , do this , i don't want to be this person anymore and you might feel as far from God as can be but that struggle in itself is proof that God is living inside you.
Proverbs 24:16<Staff Edit> For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
The righteous man falls more but the wicked falls once but into destruction. But we can not fall if we weren't standing up so how can a righteous man fall if he's lying down.

So the only man that can fall is the man that gets up but why does he fall? is it because he keeps getting up? So this is the key in succeeding in the christian walk . We may fall but we have fallen we have a choice if we stay down we may not fall again and lye in destruction but we have a choice to stand back up risking we might fall again.
Every time we fall into that sin and look to Jesus and wish we never had done this and we no it hurts him when we sin but by his grace we get up and we make further steps n fall again and then get up and look to Jesus and it hurts him but we stand up and walk further and further<Staff Edit> and further until we have walked away from that sin forever . But there may be other battles to fight but we keep getting up.<Staff Edit>
JOB 5:19<Staff Edit> He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. In other word we may labour six days of troubles but on the 7th day we may rest. We all might fall learning to walk

Times when you feel you cant pray, and feel guilty for what ever sin u have committed is the best time to pray for forgiveness and strength Jesus is alway there ready to forgive you when you call

you could claim these promise verses when u pray

Psalm 120:1 In my distress I cried to the Lord, And He heard me.

Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved,
For You are my praise.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Believe God can save you from your sins and he will

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi fellow believers! I am a 15 year old guy. So some of you may know that I posted a thread about me several months ago. It was about how I was struggling with lustful gay desires. I would like to thank everyone who posted praying for me <Staff Edit>. It means so much to me that ya'll were praying. Since then, my relationship with God has definitely grown. I got baptized in May, and it was seriously the best day of my life. However it is now July, and the past lustful thoughts are coming back to haunt me. Sometimes I still give in to my lust and I always feel so guilty afterwards. I can go several days at a time without masturbating, but then I always end up giving in, and it makes me feel so far away from God and I immediately ask Him for forgiveness. Just this morning I had a sexual dream with a guy at my school that I have had desires for. I feel farther from God than ever before, but I know He still loves me and is still there. I would REALLY appreciate any advice and prayers through this situation. I am scared that I will be this way for the rest of my life. I feel like I will never really have good healthy relationships with other believers of the same gender because of my same-sex attraction, and it is extremely discouraging. I have even considered hurting myself, but I never have. I know that I am a new creation in Christ, but the more I look at myself, the more violently disgusted I get.
:wave:Hi. You are not alone in your desires, many people have the same desires. Please pray to Jesus and ask for guidance. He will show you the way as you believe stronger and stronger. I am praying for you.:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Mr.Waffles

Jul 13, 2011
✟7,962.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Hey there,

I encourage you to read and learn what Galatians 5:16 is all about. Spend personal time with God in your secret place on a daily basis, strive for greater degrees of intimacy, as this is the key to having the power of God manifested in your life. In moments of temptation, focus your attention on God, express your admiration for Him, turn to worship, trust Him to provide that way of escape. Earnestly pray for the Holy Spirit to intervene in your life, and work hard to eliminated any and all sources that can possibly cause you to stumble or feed such desires, cut them off completely (Romans 13:14).

Be determined, be strong, walk in the victory that God has provided you in Christ.

Upvote 0
J

JoeNah

I am living in freedom from homosexual bondage, and walking in faith and victory, because of God's unconditional love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness, the Blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ my LORD and Savior, and the power of the Holy Spirit! Nothing else!
I am tempted many times, every day.
Victory does not mean the absence of temptations and challenges and problems. Just about everyone has heard someone else say, "God is not going to put more on me that I can handle." That's a lie from the enemy. It's simply not true. If all we experienced was only what we could handle, ourselves, we wouldn't need God.
When you see a person of your gender to whom you are attracted, GIVE GOD GLORY! See that person as a man or woman FOR WHOM CHRIST DIED! Pray that God will bless that person, also. Give thanks for your eyesight!
Once we yield to the Holy Spirit, and follow Christ, we will encounter challenges. That's meant to be. It's God's will. Give Him thanks - "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you (I Thessalonians 5:18).

Upvote 0