Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Atlantians,

re: "You don't believe in Hell if you are an annihilationist."

That would be incorrect.
Then words don't have meaning.

Eternal punishment can't be eternal if it is ended with annihilation.

re: "Wrong. It can't be 'eternal punishment' if they are destroyed."

Why not, if the punishment handed down is to be destroyed for eternity?

Because the resurrection wouldn't make sense.
And the word "punishment" (kolasis) implies torment.

re: "I am simply telling you what He says in His word."

There is not a single scripture - at least in the KJV - that says that anyone - with the possible exception of Satan- will spend eternity in conscious torment.
:doh:

Hentenza,

re: "The scriptures tells us the nature of the self torment including gnashing of teeth (Matt. 25:30)..."

But scripture doesn’t say how long this will last.
Eternity.

re: "...shame and everlasting contempt (Dan: 12:2)...One has to be conscious to feel shame."

But the scripture doesn’t say how long the shame will be felt.
Yes it does. Dan 12:2 says it will be: Ever-lasting shame.
Sorry.
The very scripture you say doesn't say how long... says how long: Eternity. Ever lasting.

Words don't have meaning with you.
You are making no conscious sense.

re: "... tormented day and night forever (Rev. 20:10), etc. depict a state of consciousness not a state of death. "

As I stated previously, there is not a single scripture - at least in the KJV - that says that anyone - with the possible exception of Satan- will spend eternity in conscious torment.
You are simply mistaken.

And the KJV has nothing to do with it. Nothing in the KJV is so far different or mistranslated that the NASB, ESV, or NIV would read so differently as to present a different doctrine.

"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" Mathew 25:46
The punishment for the sinner is eternal as the reward for the believer is eternal.
The term translated punishment implies torment.

"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire" Jude 7.

"These men are those who are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted; 13 wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever," Jude 12-13

Daniel 12:2 "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."

If words have meaning, you are very mistaken.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does God love the people whom He ends up sending to Hell?

God loves everyone. God even loves those who go to Hell. However, God does not send anyone to Hell, people send themselves there by committing mortal sin and then failing to confess it before they die.

Upvote 0

rstrats

Jun 27, 2002
✟78,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Atlantians,

You said: "You don't believe in Hell if you are an annihilationist."

I said: "That would be incorrect."

You said: "Then words don't have meaning."

I now ask: Where in scripture does it say that "hell" means conscious torment for eternity?

You said: "Eternal punishment can't be eternal if it is ended with annihilation."

I asked: "Why not, if the punishment handed down is to be destroyed for eternity?"

You replied: "Because the resurrection wouldn't make sense."

I now ask: How so?

You further said: "And the word ‘punishment’ (kolasis) implies torment."

I say: It can, but doesn’t have to. Strong’s gives two meanings: punishment and torment. I checked 21 different versions/translations of Matthew 25:46, and each one translated the word as "punishment" and not "torment". Webster’s New World Dictionary gives the following as a meaning of punishment: "a penalty imposed on an offender for a crime or wrongdoing". There is nothing in the meaning of the word that precludes a penalty of annihilation for eternity.

You said: "...shame and everlasting contempt (Dan: 12:2)...One has to be conscious to feel shame."

I said: "But the scripture doesn’t say how long the shame will be felt."

You said: "Yes it does. Dan 12:2 says it will be: Ever-lasting shame."

I now say: Daniel 12:2 doesn’t say that. It only says that the "contempt" for the person will be everlasting.

You said: "... tormented day and night forever (Rev. 20:10), etc. depict a state of consciousness not a state of death. "

I said: "As I stated previously, there is not a single scripture - at least in the KJV - that says that anyone - with the possible exception of Satan- will spend eternity in conscious torment."

You said: "You are simply mistaken. And the KJV has nothing to do with it. Nothing in the KJV is so far different or mistranslated that the NASB, ESV, or NIV would read so differently as to present a different doctrine."

I now say: "The NASB, ESV, and NIV also add the beast and false prophet to the "forever and ever" torment, whereas the KJV doesn’t. But nowhere do any of these versions/translations assign eternal conscious torment to anyone else.

I just don’t understand why you want to believe that the fate of the unsaved is to spend eternity in conscious torment when there is no clear scripture to support that belief. I don’t understand why you try to read into scripture something that makes the loving supreme being of the Bible into a heartless monster. I simply do not understand what there is that makes them want to do that when there is no need to. Why do you want to believe that a loving supreme being will horribly torture a person for eternity because during their fleeting few years of life they didn’t satisfy certain requirements? I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t rather believe that a loving supreme being will wipe the person mercifully out of existence because for some reason they didn’t or couldn’t meet these requirements and didn’t develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with this supreme being.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The living God is holy.

This verse indicates that if one is not covered by His only begotten Son's righteousness, it is a dreadful, fearful thing to "face" Him. At that time, no, He will not be smiling.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." ~Hebrews 10:31

Make no mistake. God is not a benign marshmallow of sentimentality.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No-one is suggesting that God is sentimental, simply that He is just, and infinite punishment for finite sins is not justice!
Yes, he is holy, and sinners can't stand before Him.. that doesn't mean that he desires them to be tormented forever. If people choose to reject eternal life, then they cannot live for ever, tormented or otherwise.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No-one is suggesting that God is sentimental, simply that He is just, and infinite punishment for finite sins is not justice!
Yes, he is holy, and sinners can't stand before Him.. that doesn't mean that he desires them to be tormented forever. If people choose to reject eternal life, then they cannot live for ever, tormented or otherwise.

...as stated where in the Bible? We either believe His Word or we don't.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
...as stated where in the Bible? We either believe His Word or we don't.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:40
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

John 17:2
"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

And many, many more.
One of the messages of the gospel is that Jesus gives us eternal life... if everyone had it anyway, why is it stated so many times as being His gift to those who are His??

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:40
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

John 17:2
"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

And many, many more.
One of the messages of the gospel is that Jesus gives us eternal life... if everyone had it anyway, why is it stated so many times as being His gift to those who are His??

Life, yes, that God-breathed "life" of the Holy Spirit dwelling within. Those without it do not have "life". However, they most certainly have eternity. An eternity of the antithesis of "life". They are consciously aware of this. For eternity, thus the "gnashing of teeth".

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I can't see how you can possibly get that from scripture... life is life! And the opposite is death.. the second death which is referred to in scripture. Without Christ , life is not eternal.

Why are you so determined to believe that God torments people for eternity? I can't see how anyone would worship such a God unless out of fear... certainly the idea would make it hard to love Him!!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I can't see how you can possibly get that from scripture... life is life! And the opposite is death.. the second death which is referred to in scripture. Without Christ , life is not eternal.

Why are you so determined to believe that God torments people for eternity? I can't see how anyone would worship such a God unless out of fear... certainly the idea would make it hard to love Him!!

God is holy. It is written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God is indeed Holy. He is also merciful, that is written too!
Annihilating sinners doesn't make Him any less holy....

In the 23rd Psalm, what do you think the verse was referring to when it states "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"?

Think: "gnashing of teeth"

What does "gnashing of teeth" mean?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Even though hell was created specifically for the devil and his angels (demons) many, many more people will go there than will go to heaven because they will not repent and believe the gospel and thus be reconciled to God. Satan hates God with a passion, and also hates man, who is made in the image of God, and thus wants to deceive as many as possible into going to hell too.

What is really sobering is that he knows the Bible means exactly what it says it means, and so one of his strategies is to beguile God's people into thinking that God does not really mean what is written in his word. Is it any wonder he works so hard to get Christians to follow Eve's example and say, "Yea, hath God said?"

Weeping and gnashing of teeth has absolutely no other meaning than what the Bible makes it out to be: weeping and being in such excruciating pain that one's teeth are clenched (gnashed) together! The place where this goes on is in hell, NOT heaven. (Please check the five verses in the King James Bible where the phrase, "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is used. None of these places refers to heaven or any part of heaven: Matt. 8:12, 22:13, 24:51, 25:30, Lk 13:28)

Outer Darkness and Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth is Not Hell?

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am not disputing that hell exists, or that people will go there, nor that that will indeed lead to 'weeping and gnashing of teeth'. And thinking of that makes me weep... how much more does God weep for them... and why, then, would He wish to prolong their agony? Hell is bad enough... eternal torment is not necessary....

Upvote 0

Christos Anesti

Oct 25, 2009
Michigan
✟20,114.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This verse indicates that if one is not covered by His only begotten Son's righteousness, it is a dreadful, fearful thing to "face" Him. At that time, no, He will not be smiling.

I doubt he would be smiling at the misfortune people brought on themselves by rejecting His love too. I don't doubt that it's a very fearful thing. That doesn't imply that He stops loving anyone however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Atlantians

Student of Theology and History.
Mar 28, 2006
California
✟21,953.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And the goad kicking begins.

When in the face of overwhelming scriptural evidence,
the dishonest heart can only kick against the goads.

When in the face of overwhelming proof that overturns any pet belief,
the dishonest heart can only kick against the goads.

Atlantians,

You said: "You don't believe in Hell if you are an annihilationist."

I said: "That would be incorrect."

You said: "Then words don't have meaning."
Yes.

I now ask: Where in scripture does it say that "hell" means conscious torment for eternity?
The English word "hell" is the term we use in English speaking society to refer to the place where "everlasting" punishment and torment occurs.

We use the term for the place of ever-lasting punishment/torment/shame/contempt. The lake of fire.

You said: "Eternal punishment can't be eternal if it is ended with annihilation."

I asked: "Why not, if the punishment handed down is to be destroyed for eternity?"

You replied: "Because the resurrection wouldn't make sense."

I now ask: How so?
Awaking to... then being made non-existent is pointless.
Resurrection unto unmaking is redundant.

It is a pointless resurrection, a pointless judgement.
It is also not what scripture describes.

You further said: "And the word ‘punishment’ (kolasis) implies torment."

I say: It can, but doesn’t have to.
Wrong.

I said "the word implies torment".
I didn't say it should have been translated that way.

The sense of the term is "punishment" in the 'sense' of torment.
The term implies a sort of continued dis-pleasurable experience.

Let me rephrase: The translation of 'kolasis' into 'punishment' is limited to the semantical domain of the English word 'punishment' wherein 'punishment' is referring to a type of continual unpleasant action. Like a beating, whipping, imprisonment, or the like.

Not a punishment 'sentencing' that could include a myriad of things.

The translation is limited to where 'punishment' means an unpleasant ongoing experience.

Strong’s gives two meanings:
punishment and torment.
Strong's concordance? Or Strong's dictionary?

I have both. A concordance only has a very simple and rudimentary definition.

I also have Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament words.

The New Strong's Complete Dictionary of Bible Words reads:
penal infliction-:punishment, torment.

Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament words reads:
Kolasis, 2 meanings: Chastisement, Punishment. Mathew 25:46; painful disquietude, torment, 1 john 4:18

The root word 'kolazo' means to curtail, to coerce, to chastise, punish, Acts 4:21; 2 Peter 2:9.

The related word 'kolaphizo' means 'to beat with the fist, buffet, Mt. 26:67; Mk. 14:65; met. to maltreat, treat with excessive force, 1 Cor. 4:11; to punish, 1 pet. 2:20; to buffet, fret, afflict, 2 Cor. 12:7.

The overwhelming clarity of the picture is thus:
'Eternal punishment' means 'an ongoing and never ending experience of unpleasant and deserved affliction and maltreatment'.

Not "never ending non-existence" which is rather oxymoronic.

I checked 21 different versions/translations of Matthew 25:46, and each one translated the word as "punishment" and not "torment".
Duh. That is what the word means. You are not familiar with what I was talking about; instead you thought I was arguing for a mistranslation. Not at all.

You are reading into the term what the English term 'punishment' can mean, not what the Greek term means in the sense it was used with the surrounding context.

Webster’s New World Dictionary gives the following as a meaning of punishment: "a penalty imposed on an offender for a crime or wrongdoing". There is nothing in the meaning of the word that precludes a penalty of annihilation for eternity.
Now you are reading into the translation, part of the semantical domain of the English term.

What sloppy unscholarly eisegetical nonsense!

You said: "...shame and everlasting contempt (Dan: 12:2)...One has to be conscious to feel shame."

I said: "But the scripture doesn’t say how long the shame will be felt."

You said: "Yes it does. Dan 12:2 says it will be: Ever-lasting shame."

I now say: Daniel 12:2 doesn’t say that. It only says that the "contempt" for the person will be everlasting.
Wow. This is sad.

Daniel 12:2-3
"2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever."

How can one have eternal contempt for something that no longer exists?

It says: many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

So they are awaking to... non-existence?

No, they awake to shame and everlasting contempt.

You are grasping at straws so desperately you can't hold onto the clear words in front of your face.

The verse clearly says they awake to the judgement wherein they are sent ever-lastingly "to" shame and contempt. Or are shamed in everlasting contempt.

Regardless, the same conclusion is reached: It is ever-lasting for that person.

You said: "... tormented day and night forever (Rev. 20:10), etc. depict a state of consciousness not a state of death. "

I said: "As I stated previously, there is not a single scripture - at least in the KJV - that says that anyone - with the possible exception of Satan- will spend eternity in conscious torment."
"10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Right off the bat you are wrong.
The verse says "they". The Devil, the False Prophet, and the Beast.

Next set of verses:
"Revelation of John 20-11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

You said: "You are simply mistaken. And the KJV has nothing to do with it. Nothing in the KJV is so far different or mistranslated that the NASB, ESV, or NIV would read so differently as to present a different doctrine."

I now say: "The NASB, ESV, and NIV also add the beast and false prophet to the "forever and ever" torment, whereas the KJV doesn’t.

rstrats:
Ahem: (King James Version)
"Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Are you actually reading anything you are talking about?
Seriously.

But nowhere do any of these versions/translations assign eternal conscious torment to anyone else.
Really?

Rev. 20:
"10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

"15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

I just don’t understand why you want to believe that the fate of the unsaved is to spend eternity in conscious torment when there is no clear scripture to support that belief.
Because the scripture clearly supports this belief. :doh:

I don’t understand why you try to read into scripture something that makes the loving supreme being of the Bible into a heartless monster.
The problem is not scripture. The problem is you are hiding the truth, even suppressing the truth, in unrighteousness.

You are blinded by your emotions and are kicking against the goad of God's Holy wrath.

Who are you to question Him, oh man?

The issue is not scripture.
It is what you don't want scripture to say, even though it does.

I simply do not understand what there is that makes them want to do that when there is no need to. Why do you want to believe that a loving supreme being will horribly torture a person for eternity because during their fleeting few years of life they didn’t satisfy certain requirements?
Emotional appeal.

I believe it because it is true, not because "I want to".

I believe a lot of things I don't want to.
Including the sad fact that people can deceive themselves intentionally, as you have.

I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t rather believe that a loving supreme being will wipe the person mercifully out of existence
Because its not true.

because for some reason they didn’t or couldn’t meet these requirements and didn’t develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with this supreme being.
We can't meet any 'requirements' of God. We are wholly wicked enemies of God deserving His wrath.
Salvation is by Grace Through Faith, alone, not by works so no man may boast.
Not by 'meeting requirements'.
That is the point of the Gospel.

You promote a works-based salvation that defies the purpose of God in election. You are denying that very gospel.

You are assuming the unbeliever does not continue to sin in hell. :cool:

You are also assuming that defying and hating a holy God, even for a moment, is not a sin of infinite weight.

Yet, we are far more than momentary sinners. We are eternal hateful enemies of God.

Guilty of Cosmic Treason; we Cosmic Traitors despise Him in our thoughts, words, and deeds daily in our depravity.

Yet Christ, while we were yet sinners, died for those unGodly ones whom He has called, and paid our sins in His body on that tree. Receiving in Himself the eternal weight of our wickedness. God shaming God; cloaking us in His righteousness.

The phrase "Eternal life" has little to do with being alive and everything to do with the sort of life you are experiencing for eternity.
It is an idiom for salvation from sins, eternity living in the purpose you as a human were originally made for, and the like.

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You are assuming the unbeliever does not continue to sin in hell. :cool:

You are also assuming that defying and hating a holy God, even for a moment, is not a sin of infinite weight.

Yet, we are far more than momentary sinners. We are eternal hateful enemies of God.

Guilty of Cosmic Treason; we Cosmic Traitors despise Him in our thoughts, words, and deeds daily in our depravity.

Yet Christ, while we were yet sinners, died for those unGodly ones whom He has called, and paid our sins in His body on that tree. Receiving in Himself the eternal weight of our wickedness. God shaming God; cloaking us in His righteousness.

The phrase "Eternal life" has little to do with being alive and everything to do with the sort of life you are experiencing for eternity.
It is an idiom for salvation from sins, eternity living in the purpose you as a human were originally made for, and the like.

Why is the Bible to be taken as word-for-word truth where you feel it supports your argument, and only 'idiom' when it supports the opposite view? If you study the use of the word 'life' I think that you will find that the Bible uses it to mean exactly that... life, the opposite of death. Where God is speaking of salvation from sin, the wording says exactly that!

Upvote 0

Atlantians

Student of Theology and History.
Mar 28, 2006
California
✟21,953.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why is the Bible to be taken as word-for-word truth where you feel it supports your argument, and only 'idiom' when it supports the opposite view?
You are completely conflating entirely different issues.

I didn't say anything indicating "the Bible... [is] only 'idiom' when it supports the opposite view?"

That sentence makes no sense.
Do you even know what an 'idiom' is?

If you study the use of the word 'life' I think that you will find that the Bible uses it to mean exactly that... life, the opposite of death. Where God is speaking of salvation from sin, the wording says exactly that!
Again, I don't think you understand what an 'idiom' is.

'Eternal life' is a phrase. It is a figure of speech that means more than the sum meaning of the words making it up.

"Lake of Fire"
"Son of Man"

These are all figures of speech. Idioms.

Lake of Fire is a word-picture of the place of eternal punishment for hell.
Not a literal lake of fire.

Son of man is a figure of speech based on the passage in Daniel where it talks about the great 'one who looked like a son of man...'.

The phrase also simply means 'human'.

English itself has tons of idioms and figures of speech.
Hebrew did as well.
The Jews imported those into Greek.

'Son of' is also a frequent Hebrew figure of speech referring to one who is the quintessential example of said thing.

'Son of Perdition' = One who encompasses what it means to have perdition.

'Son of Thunder' = One who is the embodiment of roaring and power.

'Son of Hell' = Embodiment of evil. Similar to the English figure of speech: Evil Incarnate.

'Father of' is another figure of speech.

'Father of Eternity' = Ruler and creator of all time.

And so on.

Context gives clues indicating these figures of speech. As does historical study.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by Criada
God is indeed Holy. He is also merciful, that is written too!
Annihilating sinners doesn't make Him any less holy....

In the 23rd Psalm, what do you think the verse was referring to when it states "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"?

Think: "gnashing of teeth"

What does "gnashing of teeth" mean?

Again, in the 23rd Psalm, what do you think the verse was referring to when it states "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"?

Who are the enemies? Are they participating? No, they are not. They are "watching". THey are the un-invited. They are those not included.

Similar to Lazarus in Abraham's bosom, and the rich man watching Abraham be comforted and loved by Abraham, but not participating, and in torment. He could see the blessings being poured onto Lazarus. But he could have none of it.

He was fully conscious.

Reactions: Ariellamb
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God's focus will be on His children. He will be wiping away their tears. They have fought the good fight...they have longed for His face....and now, at last, they see their Abba face to face, where He rejoices over them with singing.

Upvote 0