Does God have a beginning therefore he has an end ?

U

Usama.Egyptian

6. Remember, O Jehovah, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindness; For they have been ever of old. Psalms 25

2. Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. Psalms 90

2. Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.

Psalms 93

23. I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth. Proverbs 8

4. For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isaiah 64

Are You not from everlasting, O Lord my God, my Holy One? We shall not die. O Lord, You have appointed them for judgment; O Rock, You have marked them for correction. Habakkuk 1

"Known to God from eternity are all His works. Acts 15

waiting for clear answer Yes or No and the documented evidence form the bible supporting the answer.
Peace be with you.

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
waiting for clear answer Yes or No and the documented evidence form the bible supporting the answer.
Peace be with you.
[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
So I take it that you believe the God of the Bible had a beginning and will have an end?

Then what does from everlasting and to everlasting mean to you?

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

6. Remember, O Jehovah, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindness; For they have been ever of old. Psalms 25

2. Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. Psalms 90

2. Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.

Psalms 93

23. I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth. Proverbs 8

4. For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isaiah 64

Are You not from everlasting, O Lord my God, my Holy One? We shall not die. O Lord, You have appointed them for judgment; O Rock, You have marked them for correction. Habakkuk 1

"Known to God from eternity are all His works. Acts 15

Peace be with you.

What do these verses have to do with your question?

Upvote 0

dewba

Apr 7, 2011
✟8,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
6 “This is what the LORD says—
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.
7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
and what is yet to come—
yes, let them foretell what will come.
8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

Isaiah 44:6-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dewba

Apr 7, 2011
✟8,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God has an never-ending list of names...including, "Rock" and "Everlasting."

There may be many rocks but there's only one Rock. You could even refer to God as "Banana," if YOU wanted to and truly meant it as THE Banana: The ONE and only God.

If you're His friend, you can try to use ALL His names...

And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.
James 2:23

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the OP is considering "everlasting" from the verses that have "from everlasting," as "Everlasting." Like...a god named "Everlasting" created the Word/God

I get that, but again what does that have to do with these verses? Unless you or the OP are suggesting that all one has to do to find inconsistencies in scripture, is to misunderstand it, then it should be up to the OP to ask what those scriptures mean, or be (as in this case) Held to account of His interpretation of the scripture in question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
U

Usama.Egyptian

great

all answers saying God has no beginning so he also doesn't have an end.

biker wrote :
I think God never had a beginning and will never have an end.
wpage wrote :
He is the Supreme being who made all things... He is the great I Am who always was and always will be. Praise Him and Thanks him daily! Lord and giver of life.
dewba wrote :
The beginning/creation's beginning, not God's beginning.
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.

thank you dewba such great idea here.

i totally agree with all what u have just mentioned God has no beginning no end. From Everlasting to Everlasting.

i totally also agree with "the First and the Last",

now let us read this :

Revelation 1

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22

3 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

the question again : Does God have a beginning therefore he has an end ? !!

Upvote 0

dewba

Apr 7, 2011
✟8,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
great

all answers saying God has no beginning so he also doesn't have an end.

biker wrote :
wpage wrote :
dewba wrote :
thank you dewba such great idea here.

i totally agree with all what u have just mentioned God has no beginning no end. From Everlasting to Everlasting.

i totally also agree with "the First and the Last",

now let us read this :

Revelation 1

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22

3 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

the question again : Does God have a beginning therefore he has an end ? !!

He's was talking to someone, his creation...all creation. God is the beginning and the end...he creates and destroys. In the case of a believer in Christ, He begins your life, not only by creating you, but by creating you in Christ...by creating your life in salvation and safety...and the "end" is the beginning of life in heaven... which exemplifies how God can be both at the same time (he created EVERYTHING. He IS everything. "all-encompassing"...God is Beginning and he is End. Just some more names for him.

Think of creation as one big ball. God "encompasses" all of it. He's hugging all of it and yet is all powerful, that he can be hugging it and project himself somewhere else...like the ultimate, solid "hologram."

In Rev 22:3 (and really all the verses) God is trying to get us to understand his power by making us imagine him in our terms...since we are his creation, we are able to die/"end." If all of his creation were to "end" God would still be there, therefore, he was the "first" (before creation, before life) and the "last" because he would still be there, even after we're gone.

Upvote 0
U

Usama.Egyptian

He's was talking to someone, his creation...all creation.
Brother

All the bible is just a message from God to us, so surely most of the bible it was God talking to us or God talking to his prophet or God talking to special group of people “ children of Isreal”, so what is new about what u have mentioned here ? nothing new ..

God is the beginning and the end...he creates and destroys. In the case of a believer in Christ, He begins your life, not only by creating you, but by creating you in Christ...by creating your life in salvation and safety...and the "end" is the beginning of life in heaven...

--1--

Well if God is the beginning and the end then why he said he is from everlasting to everlasting because “everlasting” means no beginning to no end. Will God contradict himself ? !! The answer is No of course … For example God said :

Deuteronomy 32 : 4 …..For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.

Then he said also :

Jeremiah 22 : 3. Thus says the Lord: "Execute judgment and righteousness, and deliver the plundered out of the hand of the oppressor. Do no wrong and do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, or the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Also he said :

4. "Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.

Then finally after all this justice and all these promises we find God sent his son as an innocent did nothing wrong to bear for the sins of humanity ? !!!!! so why God have just said all this from the beginning ? !

Does God change ? !!

Malachi 3 :6. "For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

The answer is No God doesn’t change and it was said generally which means no any kind of change God never changes.

It was just an example for you that there is no such contradiction in the bible.

--2--

you said “he begins your life … by creating you in Christ .. “ !!!!

Sorry if i say that making nonsense to me in gen chapter one God said the whole story of creation, I don’t know from where you telling me all this non sense (we are talking about Creation – Beginning of creation) not a new convent with God .. give me a proof for that nonsense you telling me.

--3--

if God has a beginning and an end also at the same time “he is from everlasting to everlasting”

king of Salem, meaning "king of peace," Hebrews 7 :3. without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

Then why don’t we worship king of peace “salem: he is equal to the son of God also even better you know why ? !!

Because he is not a human, he wasn’t born from a womb of a woman, he is continually a priest, he has no mother nor a father while Jesus had a mother , Jesus also died for 3 days.

which exemplifies how God can be both at the same time (he created EVERYTHING. He IS everything. "all-encompassing"...God is Beginning and he is End. Just some more names for him.

First of all those are not just more names, it’s a name and definition for God he called himself with these names so we must stick literally with the word of God.

Think of creation as one big ball. God "encompasses" all of it. He's hugging all of it and yet is all powerful, that he can be hugging it and project himself somewhere else...like the ultimate, solid "hologram."

In Rev 22:3 (and really all the verses) God is trying to get us to understand his power by making us imagine him in our terms...since we are his creation, we are able to die/"end." If all of his creation were to "end" God would still be there, therefore, he was the "first" (before creation, before life) and the "last" because he would still be there, even after we're gone.

Listen brother

Please try to make some sense here, look what u have just typed “by making us imagine him in our terms..”

You are challenging God by saying God making us to imagine him .. what is he result of imagining ??! an image

Deuteronomy 4::: 16 Lest you corrupt yourselves, and make yourself an engraved image in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, 17 the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the sky, 18 the likeness of any creature that moves along the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water under the earth; 19 and lest you lift up your eyes to the sky, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, even all the army of the sky, you are drawn away and worship them, and serve them, which Yahweh your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole sky.

It’s clearly mentioned in the bible “Don’t make image of God .. image of anything anything anything wither it’s idol or any creature moving on earth underwater in heavens .. “ and now you telling me God trying to make us imagine him ???!!!! to imagine is to create an image even in ur brain which is not allowed totally. God always confirmed to us Don’t liken me of anything

Waiting

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Usama.Egyptian,

The verses you quoted from revelation are Jesus speaking, it is important that he was calling himself the first and the last, or the beginning and the end. You may ask why. Well Jehovah, or God, also calls himself this term note the verses below. And we know he has no end.

Isa 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, the first, and with the last, I am he.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Isa 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob, and Israel my called: I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation is making a direct reference back to the scriptures of the old testiment, basically saying Jesus is the same as God. He was the first one, and he will be there for all eternity. Last in both revelation and the old testiment refers to the final point. As there is no end to his reign. Note in revelation it says:

Rev 22:5 And there shall be night no more; and they need no light of lamp, neither light of sun; for the Lord God shall give them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

One last thing which is sort of related to this topic. Note what God says of himself in the Old Testiment:

Isa 44:24 Thus saith Jehovah, thy Redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb: I am Jehovah, that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth (who is with me?);

Then note what is said of Jesus (the Word) in the New Testiment.

Joh 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

So if Jesus made all things, and God was alone when he created all things we know Jesus was God. Col 1:16 also says Jesus created all things.

2Ti 3:16 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
U

Usama.Egyptian

Hi Usama.Egyptian,

The verses you quoted from revelation are Jesus speaking, it is important that he was calling himself the first and the last, or the beginning and the end. You may ask why. Well Jehovah, or God, also calls himself this term note the verses below. And we know he has no end.

Isa 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, the first, and with the last, I am he.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Isa 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob, and Israel my called: I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation is making a direct reference back to the scriptures of the old testiment, basically saying Jesus is the same as God. He was the first one, and he will be there for all eternity. Last in both revelation and the old testiment refers to the final point. As there is no end to his reign. Note in revelation it says:

Rev 22:5 And there shall be night no more; and they need no light of lamp, neither light of sun; for the Lord God shall give them light:
and they shall reign for ever and ever.

One last thing which is sort of related to this topic. Note what God says of himself in the Old Testiment:

Isa 44:24 Thus saith Jehovah, thy Redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb: I am Jehovah, that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth (who is with me?);

Then note what is said of Jesus (the Word) in the New Testiment.

Joh 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

So if Jesus made all things, and God was alone when he created all things we know Jesus was God. Col 1:16 also says Jesus created all things.

2Ti 3:16 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness.

what does this has to do with my question ?

i asked about specific thought here "i am the beginning and the end", if you started read the whole thread, you would have been noticed that i agree that God is the first and the last. (first because nothing before him , Last because nothing after him)

we are talking here about the beginning of God and the end of God.
he is the one said " from the everlasting to the everlasting" means God has no beginning and has no end.
while Jesus said " I am the beginning and the end".
please stick with the subject itself. "the beginning and the end"
who to believe ? !! God or Jesus ? !! because they are supposed to be one not contradicting with each other ? !!

notice that most of people participated in this thread approved that God has no beginning and therefore he has no end.
but now you twisted the verses while you started talking about " the first and the last" but our main issue is "the beginning and the end"

i need explanation for this :
1- while God said I am from everlasting to everlasting.
2- Jesus said I am the beginning and i am the end, in addition he is the son of God.
3- then Salem angel is without a beginning and without an end and he is equal to the son of God.

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i agree that God is the first and the last. (first because nothing before him , Last because nothing after him.

i need explanation for this :
1- while God said I am from everlasting to everlasting.
2- Jesus said I am the beginning and i am the end, in addition he is the son of God.
3- then Salem angel is without a beginning and without an end and he is equal to the son of God.
[/FONT][/B]

Salem angel?

Upvote 0