• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does anyone on here suffer from Fibromyalgia?

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By Jesus' stripes we are healed. Just cast your cares to the Lord and trust that you are healthy. Keep saying out loud BY JESUS' STRIPES WE ARE HEALED! Claim it. Have faith. Praying for you. Start positive thinking. Stop paranoid doubtful thinking.

Been there, done that. Maybe when you truly suffer with somethings as devastating as fibromyalgia, CFS, IBS, and others you can show us how it's done, but keep in mind the words in Lamentations, "Who is he that sayeth it and it cometh to pass and the Lord commandeth it not?" We are not to be like little gods who can command healing by quoting passages. The WOF movement has been debunked for decades. Please realize that it is only those men who teach such methodologies and formulas who get anything out of it -- wealth.

Upvote 0

MeloMom

Aug 11, 2013
✟15,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well said as well, HopeInGod...I think we do a lot in our own strength and call if Faith, I also know that God's Word in our mouths is powerful when faith is behind it.
I don't have the energy to respond properly buy I am accountable to you Emilie to apologise to you that you were offended. When I said Craker Jack box I meant that we sometimes want instant answers like a POOF there it is from God- it doesn't work like that. He heals us in our spirit until it works to the outside. I think we all have our own journey and level of faith and need to respect each other- I was not name calling or judging anyone, I apologise you took it that way. So easy to have misunderstanding, hope it makes sense. Just- we can't snap out fingers and God does something like that-it is a process unless we always live at that level of faith. So can we get over this now. Thanks.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Good grief!! Those with chronic illness have enough troubles without people telling them that its basically all your own fault for not having faith and thinking negatively!! Lazarus had plenty of faith--and Christ allowed him to remain ill and die--yes there was a greater glory coming, but for most of us, that greater glory is not going to be 4 days after we die, but whenever Christ comes back. With God all things are POSSIBLE--possible is not a guarentee that everything is going to come out the way we want. Sometimes it's only through the trails and tribulations of a chronic illness that we learn some lessons that we need to. Abraham and the others all had a great deal of faith--and died without having the promises fullfilled in their lifetime--but they still trusted God would fulfill all His promeses. We have a brain, we are meant to use it, God has blessed others with the knowledge to help us through medicine if we need it. God often works through others, we all have different gifts, and becoming informed about ones illness and using the knowledge of others is not a lack of faith, or negative thinking. Negative thinking is telling someone that it's their fault they're the way they are and thinking the way you think is what will help them. Yah--that's what the bible is talking about when it says what good does it do to tell a hungry person to pray and that you will pray for them, but do not give them food.
Melo--don't throw out the baby with the bath water--ignore what is not beneficial to you and keep on trucking!--God bless!!

Upvote 0

Stormswept

May 17, 2007
Bendigo, Victoria
Visit site
✟15,632.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I have not been on this board for a while. Actually, years.
Actually my info says last log in was 2007 - seems a long time!
I was hoping to find people who knew what life with FMS was about; and be Christians at the same time.
I read a little of the posts on the thread and I hope I am not doing anything wrong by raising my hand and saying "me too" for the fibro.

I am trained as a pastor, I worked with youth ministry in the past (university age) and just simply most of the time now don't have the energy I used to. Im not old. Just tired.

Anyhow thought I would greet people.
Jaki

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody!

My sickness started when I was 6 months old, so I guess I did not have enough faith ;)

I got poisoned with mercury from medications they gave babies for teething troubles and had symptoms of cfs since. Then I was poisoned again when my dad gave me some liquid mercury to play with. A visit to the dentist caused permanent neurological problems as he gave me NO2 which you should never give to people with MTHFR mutations.

At 17 I was unfit for full time work and continued to worsen as I aged. In time I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS, Autoimmune Thyroid Disease (Hashimotos) Interstitial Cystitis, and then 15 years ago with Lyme Disease.

I am in severe pain all of the time but have not been able to tolerate any medications for about 20 years, since I had a severe pesticide exposure. I cannot eat most foods, nor most supplements and it is unsure whether I can tolerate antibiotics for the Lyme.

I did find some answers in getting my genes tested at the lab in the US 23andme which the FDA wants to close down. They do it for $99. I found out that the mercury switched on genetic defects (stress and poor diet does it as well) and that my body has great problems detoxifying. Also folate and b12 metabolism are greatly slowed down so I need to take activated forms of these nutrients as do many people with cfs (people on a cfs forum found they had the same defects) but the worse and longer the situation has gone on, is the worse effects you get from taking them.)

So I am in a position where anything that can help me is not tolerated. So I guess I should positively think that they are? What nonsense.

Anyway much love and sympathies to you all fellow strugglers. Organic non processed food is the way to go and doing without medications has saved my life I think.

For those who have the same mutations which is very likely, you need to cut out anything that has artificially enriched vitamins. Folic acid is deadly to us as it cannot be metabolised and builds up in the body. No 1 deadly additive.

Most untreated Lyme suicides are through the pain. I am just keeping my head above water as I have no support or family. Churches have never helped, in fact they have made things worse for me due to feelings of rejection which I already get from a useless NHS.

God's blessings to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi everybody!

My sickness started when I was 6 months old, so I guess I did not have enough faith ;)

I got poisoned with mercury from medications they gave babies for teething troubles and had symptoms of cfs since. Then I was poisoned again when my dad gave me some liquid mercury to play with. A visit to the dentist caused permanent neurological problems as he gave me NO2 which you should never give to people with MTHFR mutations.

At 17 I was unfit for full time work and continued to worsen as I aged. In time I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS, Autoimmune Thyroid Disease (Hashimotos) Interstitial Cystitis, and then 15 years ago with Lyme Disease.

I am in severe pain all of the time but have not been able to tolerate any medications for about 20 years, since I had a severe pesticide exposure. I cannot eat most foods, nor most supplements and it is unsure whether I can tolerate antibiotics for the Lyme.

I did find some answers in getting my genes tested at the lab in the US 23andme which the FDA wants to close down. They do it for $99. I found out that the mercury switched on genetic defects (stress and poor diet does it as well) and that my body has great problems detoxifying. Also folate and b12 metabolism are greatly slowed down so I need to take activated forms of these nutrients as do many people with cfs (people on a cfs forum found they had the same defects) but the worse and longer the situation has gone on, is the worse effects you get from taking them.)

So I am in a position where anything that can help me is not tolerated. So I guess I should positively think that they are? What nonsense.

Anyway much love and sympathies to you all fellow strugglers. Organic non processed food is the way to go and doing without medications has saved my life I think.

For those who have the same mutations which is very likely, you need to cut out anything that has artificially enriched vitamins. Folic acid is deadly to us as it cannot be metabolised and builds up in the body. No 1 deadly additive.

Most untreated Lyme suicides are through the pain. I am just keeping my head above water as I have no support or family. Churches have never helped, in fact they have made things worse for me due to feelings of rejection which I already get from a useless NHS.

God's blessings to you.

So sorry for all you've had to go through. So much grief has been inflicted on you by those who had charge over you--but, I am assuming it was not done intentionally. Ignorance is not bliss for those who've been affected by their ignorance!!
Why does the FDA want to close down this lab??---I am no great fan of the FDA--I know they have done a lot of good, but they have also been controlled by big Pharm more and more--if they can't make money of it, they want it removed, and if they can make money off it, they'll get FDA approval of highly poisenous meds.
It's hard to be in a position of "it's 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of another" type thing. Either way you go--you're in trouble. Sometimes it seems all we can do is choose the least poisonous route! Either live longer but in greater misery, or more comfortably, but for a shorter time--it's like choosing a politician, if you have all the information needed to make a choice, it ends up being "Whom to choose that will do the least amount of damage!!"--too often, we just don't have enough information to make the right decision!!
I'm sorry churches have not helped, but they are full of spiritually sick people looking to be healed, and that journey can take a long time! But at least they are in the right hospital and, hopefully, will someday finally find the right cure also!! Do not give up on God, He's ok, it's His followers that can cloud His light!!----Hang in there!!
AAAhhhmmm---sorry to show my ignorance, but-- what is NHS???

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've posted in this thread before I believe. I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain. So does my mom. Even though Fibromyalgia is getting more recognizable to doctors it's still a chore to go to a doctor who knows how to care properly for the patient. I have yet to find a doctor I feel "gets" me.

My mom has tried everything coming down the pike basically. Every kind of therapy imaginable, all sorts of pills. We have no clue if Fibromyalgia can even be helped because it seems like no one will take the time to find out. It seems "less important" than other diseases because you cant see it. People hide pain very easily, we endure so much. And therefore, that means other people look at us and think we're perfectly fine because we dont wear the evidence of our disease.

Anyhow, sorry about the rant. :p

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah...I know what you mean.

They keep saying how MILD/moderate exercise and stretching helps. It's probably true.

PS: since you day both you and your mom have it and I believe my mom did, too...I wonder if it's hereditary?
It could possibly be true.

Oh yes, a doctor told my mom "All you need to do is exercise. Thats your only problem" :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It could possibly be true.

Oh yes, a doctor told my mom "All you need to do is exercise. Thats your only problem" :doh:

While it is true we do need to move, we must be careful about how we exercise. We do not build up muscle like normal people do with exercise. They've done studies of people in similar condition, but one group with fibro and the other normal. They took blood samples before, during and after exercise. Normals have an increase of certain chemicals that get released during exercise (ok--so I forget what they are!!) it's normal to do that, but then they drop back down after a couple of hours---ours remain high for as long as 36 hours or more post exercise. We can actually destroy muscle if we overdo. What we do must be gentle. I had one idiot dr tell me that strict, vigorous exercise would actually cure this!!--There is no record of that and certainly doesn't explain how a 9 year old gymnist came down with this! Had I listened to this quack I'd be in serious trouble now. The above research hadn't come out then. Everybody is different, and some people can tolerate more exercise than others.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While it is true we do need to move, we must be careful about how we exercise. We do not build up muscle like normal people do with exercise. They've done studies of people in similar condition, but one group with fibro and the other normal. They took blood samples before, during and after exercise. Normals have an increase of certain chemicals that get released during exercise (ok--so I forget what they are!!) it's normal to do that, but then they drop back down after a couple of hours---ours remain high for as long as 36 hours or more post exercise. We can actually destroy muscle if we overdo. What we do must be gentle. I had one idiot dr tell me that strict, vigorous exercise would actually cure this!!--There is no record of that and certainly doesn't explain how a 9 year old gymnist came down with this! Had I listened to this quack I'd be in serious trouble now. The above research hadn't come out then. Everybody is different, and some people can tolerate more exercise than others.
I'm so glad you didnt listen to him! I've learned that doctors dont want to learn and grow, they want to stick to what they read when they became a doctor. Anything new has to either come from a textbook or a required "moving with the times" about new treatments and diseases. They close their minds and ears if a patient comes in and tells them something they're new to hearing. It's why I laugh when I watch these shows that say "Talk to your doctor, tell them and help them learn" I'm like "LOL!" because it doesnt work. Not with the doctors I've been to, or Mom has been to, and thats -a lot-.

We definitely need to be careful on how we move. It explains a lot why my arms and muscle hurt so much after I try exercising, I guess Im over doing it and dont realize it. I always feel like the muscle is just stretched completely. I guess I need a new game plan. :)

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
After reading a lot reguarding to human health, I believe the mind is also at other parts of the body other than in the skull. When we have a trauma or an event that happens to us, we park those emotions in other parts of the body. The nervous system is also the mind. The energy centers throughout the body is also part of the mind. Emotions is the cause of cancer and pain according to the traditional Chinese medicine. So when we have an emotion that we don't want to deal with, it doesn't go away. It gets parked other areas of the body rather than the mind in the head. Over time, those emotions are forgotten and pain arrives. There's plenty of ways to make it all disappear but a charismatic self cliamed christains will deny ancient healing techniques and call it from the Devil. I have talked to Penticoastals here via private pm and discovered them to be under heavy influence of new age positive self hypnotism. They gave me a long long list of ailments long enough for government assistance.
When one wants to wake up, please allow me to continue but those who fight me gets me in trouble with my membership here and blocks healing process.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Jennie:

Your new game plan should include a great deal of laughter!! "It doeth good, like a medicine!"--On patientslikeme.com under the fibromyalgia forum they have a "Lighter side" thread where are posted the funnier side of life--alot of animal funnies that really get you laughing. Also in new game plan, if you don't already have one--we do love our fur babies--and some prefer the feathered variety--whatever--God has given us animals for a reason, they give us unconditional love and keep our spirits and our energy and our love levels up. It is extremely difficult to cope with life when in constant pain, but it's really important for us to try to maintain a positive outlook and count our blessings, even when we feel like we've been run over by a Mac truck, over and over.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jennie:

Your new game plan should include a great deal of laughter!! "It doeth good, like a medicine!"--On patientslikeme.com under the fibromyalgia forum they have a "Lighter side" thread where are posted the funnier side of life--alot of animal funnies that really get you laughing. Also in new game plan, if you don't already have one--we do love our fur babies--and some prefer the feathered variety--whatever--God has given us animals for a reason, they give us unconditional love and keep our spirits and our energy and our love levels up. It is extremely difficult to cope with life when in constant pain, but it's really important for us to try to maintain a positive outlook and count our blessings, even when we feel like we've been run over by a Mac truck, over and over.
Thank you so much for your encouraging words :hug: I've never heard of that site but I will check it out right now. :wave: My fur babies are the best! They give me such laughs every day, they are awesome! I have a boxer/great dane and a little long haired chihuahua.

:hug: again. I agree, maintain a positive outlook and count our blessings. :hug:

Upvote 0