mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
he is talking to the disciples and what he is telling them is about "every man" roman and jew alike.

but today I don't have those direct instructions that were given to me like he is directing it to them. He only told one man
the rich young ruler " to sell everything " he didn't tell anyone else to do that did he ? I hold those principles or ideals until he tells the disciples or Samuel or any of the prophets or Job the kings I learn principles that please his heart . but what he tells the rich young ruler as only " suggestions" to us until I get direct instructions otherwise. my responsibility is to serve Him first and not just written words.
until I ask him and he answers I have about 10 or 20 30 or so general suggestions with which to try and honor his very few suggestions.

now stop pretending that He is making a law . lawless have a thing about laws they will never keep.. He is not making a law , he is giving the disciples instructions for the disciples case before them at that movement , nothing more . He is building a case in their life and he is building concept on concepts and precept on precept for their case and for what is being set before them to do . Nothing more ... they are Good suggestions and valid concepts .

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
he is talking to the disciples and what he is telling them is about "every man" roman and jew alike.

but today I don't have those direct instructions that were given to me like he is directing it to them. He only told one man
the rich young ruler " to sell everything " he didn't tell anyone else to do that did he ? I hold those principles or ideals until he tells the disciples or Samuel or any of the prophets or Job the kings I learn principles that please his heart . but what he tells the rich young ruler as only " suggestions" to us until I get direct instructions otherwise. my responsibility is to serve Him first and not just written words.
until I ask him and he answers I have about 10 or 20 30 or so general suggestions with which to try and honor his very few suggestions.

now stop pretending that He is making a law . lawless have a thing about laws they will never keep.. He is not making a law , he is giving the disciples instructions for the disciples case before them at that movement , nothing more . He is building a case in their life and he is building concept on concepts and precept on precept for their case and for what is being set before them to do . Nothing more ... they are Good suggestions and valid concepts .
I see. So that particular law ... or, rather, instruction ... or, suggestions ... was for the disciples. But I thought all Christians were disciples.

Unless you meant the apostles? If so, didn't he command the apostles to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations ... Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you", which, in my opinion at least, would include Luke 6:30.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why should he make such laws even to disciples now ? no Humans kept any of his laws ever !
Seems you think that He is incapable and didn't learn in all those ages with the Jews or any other humans that no one would keep any of the laws but him anyway.
so.
so Just maybe He is presenting Himself as a way/ THE way that we can find relationship with Him and his Father through his spirit that can make us New and unwilling to live by our own definitions of Good and Evil.
so maybe only Then could HE leave religion of Good and evil laws to the lawless who only want laws to complain and whine about. and pretend to keep.
the Book is a book about relationship principles.
anything else is just human formulas no different than plain old laws of religious witchcraft.
but to the first question in this thread there is no law there .
He is king and He is alive and we do what the kings tells us to everyday new and nothing else matters . and when there is no instructions we do what we can with the few suggestions he gives for a us that helps us maintain a nice relationship with our brothers and sisters and him. goodbye
I'll pray for you.

Reactions: Winepress777
Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I believe all of Jesus words. Including giving what I have, beyond basic necessities, to the poor, loving my enemies, and not resisting an evil person, even to the point of death. I take all of this quite literally, and I don't attempt to philosophize around it.

Do I follow all of this? Definitely not. I'm a sinner being saved, a work in progress with a long way to go. The calling of Christ is very high indeed. However, ask yourself this, just as a thought. What would the world be like if every single person followed these words of Jesus?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I believe all of Jesus words. Including giving what I have, beyond basic necessities, to the poor, loving my enemies, and not resisting an evil person, even to the point of death. I take all of this quite literally, and I don't attempt to philosophize around it.

Do I follow all of this? Definitely not. I'm a sinner being saved, a work in progress with a long way to go. The calling of Christ is very high indeed. However, ask yourself this, just as a thought. What would the world be like if every single person followed these words of Jesus?
This says what I wanted to say. I have not yet found something Jesus has said that I don't believe (accepting/respecting is a different topic). But He did say "everyone who loves the truth recognises that what I say is true" and I believe that. But I am a terrible example of a Christian. Just knowing, believing and telling the truth does not make someone a good Christian. Just as doing what Jesus teaches does not make a person a good Christian (eg those who polish the outside of the cup). Only repentance makes someone a good Christian: resulting in refinement of personal beliefs AND behaviours.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

so you say it is a LAW that you can break but " your basic necessities " that was NOT what he told them was it ?
' What would the world be like if every single person followed these words of Jesus?
so I think then everyone would have to get really good at multiplying the fish. and everyone should not give everything away until they understand THE LAWS of His creation and of His spirit workings and they can all multiply the fish. but where and how would they live because I think we would have a lot of street urchins if there was families at all with in a few generations .. but NO one would have NO place to lay their head. Can I ask if you live at home with your parents , who do you think built their house? it probably wasn't a pastor or a philosopher or a dreamer either . do you like tents? Paul made tents !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

This says what I wanted to say. I have not yet found something Jesus has said that I don't believe (accepting/respecting is a different topic). But He did say "everyone who loves the truth recognises that what I say is true" and I believe that. But I am a terrible example of a Christian. Just knowing, believing and telling the truth does not make someone a good Christian. Just as doing what Jesus teaches does not make a person a good Christian (eg those who polish the outside of the cup). Only repentance makes someone a good Christian: resulting in refinement of personal beliefs AND behaviours.
I understand that you are not perfect ... nobody is.

If I also understand correctly, you try your best to do what he commanded. Would you also try your best when it comes to Luke 6:30?

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

If I also understand correctly, you try your best to do what he commanded. Would you also try your best when it comes to Luke 6:30?
Do you know why he told us that as a principle of Our faith in him and in his KINGdom . Everything that is in anyway stolen, or taken and not really given free will and of sharing and caring relationships .
by removing ourselves from the right to keep what we worked hard for by our blood sweat and teared for and have in our natural person every right to keep by any natural law of every society and to not even demand it back in a court of this system .. By doing it that way we allow Him to demand it back for us in His Court of His system and in His way and in His time. Which He has sworn to do exactly that, someday you might want to read what the marriage supper of the lamb really is ;P ( sadly the point is they can't and won't pay it back and He says it is better if He owes us than they do, because He will pay everything stolen, lost , scammed, socialized and a thousand other ways people can justify ripping off of their neighbors in some always
"good" way etc He will pay it all back with interest and in multiples and so we don't have to worry about anymore, we only have to give it to him and he will handle it )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I know the verses immediately prior speak of enemies, but in Luke 6:30 he is speaking of "every man", not merely enemies.

In any case, even if he was referencing your enemy, if your enemy came and asked for your paycheck, would you give it to him?

I take that to mean that we should assume a need is there and trust even in time when it may seem foolish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No I don't do my best to keep all of His instruction. I wish I could, but I am so consumed by my own needs. I told you I am a terrible example of a Christian. I am governed by my own sense of moral. I have recently not given the shirt off my back, loved ones who hate me, turned my cheek and so forth. I feel like I am the rebel of the family. But He corrects me from time to time "don't say that; give it a break today; do you remember this scripture?".. And so forth. So I don't think I could try my best at Luke 6:30 really, certainly not of my own accord. You might feel that you want to pray about that. I have seen that such prayer is effective.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
No I don't do my best to keep all of His instruction. I wish I could, but I am so consumed by my own needs. I told you I am a terrible example of a Christian. I am governed by my own sense of moral. I have recently not given the shirt off my back, loved ones who hate me, turned my cheek and so forth. I feel like I am the rebel of the family. But He corrects me from time to time "don't say that; give it a break today; do you remember this scripture?".. And so forth. So I don't think I could try my best at Luke 6:30 really, certainly not of my own accord. You might feel that you want to pray about that. I have seen that such prayer is effective.
Thanks for your honest, straightforward answer, it is much appreciated. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by "trust," in this context?
Example-I'm walking down the street and someone is asking for money, I'm hesitant, but I give what I have or can and trust that the person really needed it...instead of assuming they are scamming me.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Example-I'm walking down the street and someone is asking for money, I'm hesitant, but I give what I have or can and trust that the person really needed it...instead of assuming they are scamming me.
FYI: sometimes giving money is not really giving the right thing though. Teach a man to fish, you know. He will be hungry while he is learning, but it is a greater gift.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
FYI: sometimes giving money is not really giving the right thing though. Teach a man to fish, you know. He will be hungry while he is learning, but it is a greater gift.
Maybe not, but if my $10 bought that man a burger, I am happy to do it. Do unto others... Perhaps, my kindness was all that man needed to get some motivation. Maybe he has been crapped on all his life and my act of genuine kindness and no judgment for what he's going through helped him. Sometimes we are the only bible a person will read. My prayer is that when I am helping others, they will see Christ through me.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe not, but if my $10 bought that man a burger, I am happy to do it. Do unto others... Perhaps, my kindness was all that man needed to get some motivation. Maybe he has been crapped on all his life and my act of genuine kindness and no judgment for what he's going through helped him. Sometimes we are the only bible a person will read. My prayer is that when I am helping others, they will see Christ through me.
I had in mind someone who asked for money to get a bus back to the city. I asked how he got out there in the first place. He said his friend dropped him off. I told him that he needs to learn to not get into that situation if he has no plan to get back. He looked like a professional beggar and a meth addict. I told him too, normally I do help people who need a bit of cash, but this time was different. I think he needed some wisdom instead.

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Of course I do. I just wish someone can give me a clear answer as to who "every man" refers to (if it doesn't refer to every man). Not who it doesn't refer to.
You sure seem to have trouble trying to grasp those two words. Everyone understands them and explains them, you keep asking lol

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I had in mind someone who asked for money to get a bus back to the city. I asked how he got out there in the first place. He said his friend dropped him off. I told him that he needs to learn to not get into that situation if he has no plan to get back. He looked like a professional beggar and a meth addict. I told him too, normally I do help people who need a bit of cash, but this time was different. I think he needed some wisdom instead.

I probably would've had the same convo, but I would've given the bus money. Obviously, we need to be safe and use common sense.

About a year ago, my husband had a business meeting in the city and he saw a man there he saw frequently wandering around. Since my husband saw him there often and he seemed to be homeless, he didn't feel comfortable handing him cash...he didn't have any anyway. But, what he did do was ask the man if he could buy him lunch. He took him to a vendor food stand and bought him whatever he wanted. They sat at a picnic table and my husband just listened while the man talked about his life, things that had led him to his current situation and what he plans to do to get back on the right track. He thanked my husband for his kindness and they parted ways.

We don't always know someone story.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
You sure seem to have trouble trying to grasp those two words. Everyone understands them and explains them, you keep asking lol
I understand "every" to include "everyone"; I was merely perplexed as to how some here can reinterpret Jesus' "every" to "some".

Last edited:
Upvote 0