Do you believe and follow Jesus' words?

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Why didn't you quote the whole thing? Methinks a trap is being set.
It's not my trap, I didn't say it! :rolleyes:

What's the "whole thing"? If you mean the surrounding verses, I am not sure how quoting them changes or modifies the meaning of Lk 6:30 itself.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The whole chapter and versus are about loving your enemies and do to others as you would have them do to you. Of course, you need to read the surrounding verses. And yes, I try too love and follow Jesus' words and commands. I do not always get them right, but I keep trying. And absolutely, I believe them.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
yes well it is a take and take and take world.. and the lazy and greedy will take until there is nothing left to even give them if you wanted to . When they have taken all there is nothing left to give or even a recourse to demand it back legally. the rich and greedy are exactly the same as the poor and greedy. they will empty you out.

Neither is there any legal protection from such greedy people in any society , but only the Lord can pay it back anyway .

This subject is a very hard road and it takes certain hard won and different gifts to play out there perfectly . but not everyone is supposed to play out there in every situation . One time he makes them take a sword the next time he doesn't and tell them to give it all away. The disciples were being told what to in that moment to just pour it out and hold nothing back , but not all people in all ages are supposed to unless he asks that of you on any given day , or week or year...

We are only to be obedient to what he asks of us today and Not worry about who will steal what tomorrow and who or when it will be payed back , he says he will pay it back , that is good enough!! Ideally neither should I prejudge my response and say I should or shouldn't demand it back from them . One day he is a sword to defend and one day we have to give it all away. I am to be and act in obedience to his spirit / word on that day.

I do have to say that every time I have been taken from, Yes he pays back many times what was lost, and he pays it back in many ways. and I know for sure he will pay it back in Huge ways in the future .

he says

28And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.30"But many who are first will be last; and the last, first.

and
29Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.31"

But many who are first will be last, and the last, first."

now that is all about when it comes to MY stuff.. but I am defend my neighbor and his stuff as I would hope they would defend me and mine .. but if they did or didn't defend my stuff is not my concerns I 'm to defend theirs .

He is true, mostly we have to forgive and move on.
bless your heart !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
The whole chapter and versus are about loving your enemies and do to others as you would have them do to you. Of course, you need to read the surrounding verses. And yes, I try too love and follow Jesus' words and commands. I do not always get them right, but I keep trying. And absolutely, I believe them.
I know the verses immediately prior speak of enemies, but in Luke 6:30 he is speaking of "every man", not merely enemies.

In any case, even if he was referencing your enemy, if your enemy came and asked for your paycheck, would you give it to him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
yes well it is a take and take and take world.. and the lazy and greedy will take until there is nothing left to even give them if you wanted to . When they have taken all there is nothing left to give or even a recourse to demand it back legally. the rich and greedy are exactly the same as the poor and greedy. they will empty you out. Neither is there any legal protection from such greedy people in any society , but only the Lord can pay it back anyway . This subject is a very hard road and it takes certain hard won and different gifts to play out there perfectly . but not everyone is supposed to play out there in every situation . One time he makes them take a sword the next time he doesn't and tell them to give it all away. The disciples were being told what to in that moment to just pour it out and hold nothing back , but not all people in all ages are supposed to unless he asks that of you on any given day , or week or year... We are only to be obedient to what he asks of us today and Not worry about who will steal what tomorrow and who or when it will be payed back , he says he will pay it back , that is good enough!! Ideally neither should I prejudge my response and say I should or shouldn't demand it back from them . One day he is a sword to defend and one day we have to give it all away. I am to be and act in obedience to his spirit / word on that day. I do have to say that every time I have been taken from, Yes he pays back many times what was lost, and he pays it back in many ways. and I know for sure he will pay it back in Huge ways in the future . he says ...
He is true, mostly we have to forgive and move on. bless your heart !
Your response seems to indicate to me that you believe that Luke 6:30 is about having things taken or stolen from you that you didn't want taken. Jesus in Lk 6:30 is talking about those who are asking something from you, however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I wish I did, cuz I want to go to heaven, but for the most part I don't think I really understand most of the parables at this point.
What part of the verse do you not understand, my friend? It seems pretty straightforward to me.

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Your response seems to indicate to me that you believe that Luke 6:30 is about having things taken or stolen from you that you didn't want taken. Jesus in Lk 6:30 is talking about those who are asking something from you, however.
I know the verses immediately prior speak of enemies, but in Luke 6:30 he is speaking of "every man", not merely enemies.

In any case, even if he was referencing your enemy, if your enemy came and asked for your paycheck, would you give it to him?
That's really kind of silly, since a Christian wouldn't ask someone for their paycheck. We do unto others as we'd have them do to us. And if an enemy asked for my paycheck, that would be robbery. I'd give him a coat or a ride or a meal what he might need because that is what Sons of God do. The point is giving of what you have, as has been pointed out, out of a love and compassion. Not following a blind demand to pointlessly give your paycheck to your enemy, an obvious straw man attempt to de-value scriptures it appears.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
That's really kind of silly, since a Christian wouldn't ask someone for their paycheck. We do unto others as we'd have them do to us. And if an enemy asked for my paycheck, that would be robbery. I'd give him a coat or a ride or a meal what he might need because that is what Sons of God do. The point is giving of what you have, as has been pointed out, out of a love and compassion. Not following a blind demand to pointlessly give your paycheck to your enemy, an obvious straw man attempt to de-value scriptures it appears.
So in saying "every man", Jesus's not talking about giving to an enemy, and it's not about giving to a friend (fellow Christian). Who is it aimed at, then?

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
So in saying "every man", Jesus's not talking about giving to an enemy, and it's not about giving to a friend (fellow Christian). Who is it aimed at, then?
Stating a false premise, then asking a question about that premise, is called "setting up a straw man to then just kick it down". Enjoy

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
first of all If I have something I think a brother can use because they are down and out , I offer it a long time before they ask.
and no christian would ask me for excessive things knowing the hardship it would cost us .
so in real life you are wrong because we are only talking about an enemy who steals, robs and destroys .
and in whom there is NO " share " or "Care " no mutual giving ..no matter what their words tell you and what they pretend to be .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
first of all If I have something I think a brother can use because they are down and out , I offer it a long time before they ask.
and no christian would ask me for excessive things knowing the hardship it would cost us .
so in real life you are wrong because we are only talking about an enemy who steals, robs and destroys .
and in whom there is NO " share " or "Care " no mutual giving ..no matter what their words tell you and what they pretend to be .
So, when Jesus said "every man", he meant "Christian brothers"?

Upvote 0