Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They would say that his words are eternal but are no longer applicable, to this age, or to Gentiles.
Why would you say that?
Lk 6:30? Not really. I can see how it may apply to enemies in context, but "every man" seems to preclude only enemies.
No, I mean do you understand what St Paul was saying? But this makes me worry now. How can you not understand this commandment? What do you mean that it seems to preclude enemies? It says nothing about enemies, therefore it actually seems to make no distinction about the relationship to the person who is asking for what you have. This commandment is so straight forward, really there must be something wrong if you don't understand it. Is there something about this commandment that you perhaps don't like, because if so it is quite a natural response to look for ways to change it's meaning.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Why would you say that?
Compare Mt 15:24; Mt 10:5-6; Mt 7:27 & Rom 11:3, Eph 3:8, 2Ti 1:11, 2Ti 4:17,etc.

No, I mean do you understand what St Paul was saying?
No, his writings are a mess of contradictions, IMO.

But this makes me worry now. How can you not understand this commandment? What do you mean that it seems to preclude enemies? It says nothing about enemies, therefore it actually seems to make no distinction about the relationship to the person who is asking for what you have. This commandment is so straight forward, really there must be something wrong if you don't understand it. Is there something about this commandment that you perhaps don't like, because if so it is quite a natural response to look for ways to change it's meaning.
"preclude only enemies" = IMO, this commandment of Jesus' does not only apply to enemies (as was previously claimed by others in this thread).

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Compare Mt 15:24; Mt 10:5-6; Mt 7:27 & Rom 11:3, Eph 3:8, 2Ti 1:11, 2Ti 4:17,etc.

No, his writings are a mess of contradictions, IMO.
I am concerned about the way you have been taught. I think you need to deconstruct quite a bit rather than building on it. I say this, because if you begin with a foundation that is not robust and accurate, as you keep building, the errors will get more and more exaggerated. Eventually you will look at what you have built and be disappointed, or it might even collapse. I can see this has happened already, because you are now not able to make sense of St Paul. They say "you can't polish a turd", and this basic concept is true in every way I look at it, from building to recording music, to faith.

Well OK, I got the idea now, there is nothing that I actually want to pursue with this dispensation idea. It seems to be quite a heresy. It makes me groan to see the scriptures mishandled this way.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I am concerned about the way you have been taught. I think you need to deconstruct quite a bit rather than building on it. I say this, because if you begin with a foundation that is not robust and accurate, as you keep building, the errors will get more and more exaggerated. Eventually you will look at what you have built and be disappointed, or it might even collapse. I can see this has happened already, because you are now not able to make sense of St Paul. They say "you can't polish a turd", and this basic concept is true in every way I look at it, from building to recording music, to faith.

Well OK, I got the idea now, there is nothing that I actually want to pursue with this dispensation idea. It seems to be quite a heresy. It makes me groan to see the scriptures mishandled this way.
Thanks for your input :)

Upvote 0