Do I have to be totally free of sin to retain my salvation?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was a nice video, thanks for posting.. I like the part when the anchor attached to the heart bringing him further down to sea, only for God to come down and save him. Thanks for posting it.

You are most welcome.

I am glad you liked the video.

For me: The best part of the video was when the wave of blood had hit him. At that moment, I started to burst into tears and thank God for His grace.

Upvote 0

HeartThaw

Jun 1, 2016
Metaire La
✟8,213.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am so glad to see your change of heart involving Solomon.

Oh, and yes; People can be really nice and loving here.

As for our recent misunderstanding: It's all good.

I am also glad that we are able to reconnect here. My disappearance at Christian Chat was due to me being wrongfully banned. They said I was judging people's salvation but I did not judge anyone personally. I only judged the false belief or spoke in a third person way about those who believe the wrong way. In fact, I was goaded (or pushed) by a user there to judge their salvation personally, but I refused to do so. This happened one week prior to me being banned. So it was I was definitely planned (that they just did not want me there preaching the Truth of God's Word).

Which is okay.
I am honored to be persecuted in a minor way for Christ's sake.

Also, I am glad I found another place.
In addition, I used to talk on Theology Online before Christian Chat, but I left there voluntarily because my soul was vexed by the people's negativity and odd beliefs. For at the time, they were even allowed to call other users certain bad names there, etc.

Yes you helped me with Solomon, if it wasn't for you I'd still probably be thinking that way, so praise God that He put it on your heart to make that thread, because now I understand it, just took a while.. It was hard for me to accept someone so damaging could be forgiven or even wanted to be. It is hidden though and takes some searching out, and searching our own heart as well to get to that place to understand and accept the truth.

Thank you for humbly accepting my apology brother..if we ever do have a heated moment I'll try my hardest with what God has granted me to remain cool, and keep my cool no matter the subject.

As for Christian chat, I was pelted with stones all the time, I don't know how much of it you witnessed or if you did see any of it at all. I've even had a " creation tutor " tell me go back to the streets... I couldn't believe some of the words that were said there, and it was a constant, more then I want to remember. I tried and stayed for as long as God willed it to be, I couldn't just give up, I was going to make them ban me which they finally did.

I started a thread about demonic possession, something the eyes can see to their own shock and horror, this video was just shocking, it was about a guy that could do things art scholars couldn't do, and he did it blind folded, art scholars studied the man and was shocked at the capability. He could copy Van Gogh and repeat things Van Gogh himself couldn't do.. Yet I got responses that were just rude and demeaning like " the videos boring VERY BORING " and that " my irrational thought was more entertaining then the video " .. I told this particular individual " did anyone ever tell you if you have nothing good to say, shut your mouth ".

I then get a pm from a mod saying I've been infracted. I thought why? This guy has been nasty from the beginning and ended being disrespectful and demeaning, and I get the infraction? So I pm the mod back asking why did I get infracted and he said you can't tell people to shut their mouths... A minute later I was banned. So they banned me for asking why I had got the infraction. Here's the thread that got me the infraction...
http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/135783-interesting-video-unfamiliar-spirit-work.html

Sad, but it had to happen, good for me because I'm not always dealing with stones being thrown and the negativity, bad because I think about the loss souls that go there and will end up accepting a false doctrine from corrupt spirits..

But yes, people are loving here, and I'm glad to have found a new forum and a brother in Christ. I know you are off the same tree i am.. Our fruit prove this true.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes you helped me with Solomon, if it wasn't for you I'd still probably be thinking that way, so praise God that He put it on your heart to make that thread, because now I understand it, just took a while.. It was hard for me to accept someone so damaging could be forgiven or even wanted to be. It is hidden though and takes some searching out, and searching our own heart as well to get to that place to understand and accept the truth.

Thank you for humbly accepting my apology brother..if we ever do have a heated moment I'll try my hardest with what God has granted me to remain cool, and keep my cool no matter the subject.

As for Christian chat, I was pelted with stones all the time, I don't know how much of it you witnessed or if you did see any of it at all. I've even had a " creation tutor " tell me go back to the streets... I couldn't believe some of the words that were said there, and it was a constant, more then I want to remember. I tried and stayed for as long as God willed it to be, I couldn't just give up, I was going to make them ban me which they finally did.

I started a thread about demonic possession, something the eyes can see to their own shock and horror, this video was just shocking, it was about a guy that could do things art scholars couldn't do, and he did it blind folded, art scholars studied the man and was shocked at the capability. He could copy Van Gogh and repeat things Van Gogh himself couldn't do.. Yet I got responses that were just rude and demeaning like " the videos boring VERY BORING " and that " my irrational thought was more entertaining then the video " .. I told this particular individual " did anyone ever tell you if you have nothing good to say, shut your mouth ".

I then get a pm from a mod saying I've been infracted. I thought why? This guy has been nasty from the beginning and ended being disrespectful and demeaning, and I get the infraction? So I pm the mod back asking why did I get infracted and he said you can't tell people to shut their mouths... A minute later I was banned. So they banned me for asking why I had got the infraction. Here's the thread that got me the infraction...
http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/135783-interesting-video-unfamiliar-spirit-work.html

Sad, but it had to happen, good for me because I'm not always dealing with stones being thrown and the negativity, bad because I think about the loss souls that go there and will end up accepting a false doctrine from corrupt spirits..

But yes, people are loving here, and I'm glad to have found a new forum and a brother in Christ. I know you are off the same tree i am.. Our fruit prove this true.

As for Solomon: Well, I am glad God was able to use me as a vessel to help you with Solomon.

As for others who persecute us:

Jesus says blessed are you when men shall speak falsely against you. I would take this to be even when others treat us unfairly, too. Believers are to speak and act towards all people with love. Yes, sometimes we have to give people a cold splash of water in regards to their salvation (in an indirect way) but even this should be done in love. But I am glad to see you again, brother. May Christ (God) bless you greatly today.

Reactions: HeartThaw
Upvote 0

newlightseven

In the confessional
Site Supporter
May 21, 2016
North Carolina
Visit site
✟46,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 8:1 says there's no condemnation to those who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. Romans 8:6 says to be carnally minded is death and Romans 8:7 says that is is enmity against God. Romans 8:13 says if you live after the flesh you will die. Galatians 6:8 says whoever sows to the flesh reaps destruction and only those who sow to the Spirit reap everlasting life. Now since everyone dies, do these refer to spiritual death, as in loss of salvation?

Now I've made some progress in removing the sin from my life. I gave up playing video games, all secular movies/TV/music, my addiction to caffeine from sodas, masturbating, and so on. But I just can't seem to be free of sin even one day. Idle words, foolish thoughts, having the opportunity to do good and not doing it, these things just seem impossible to manage. Should I just give up and live however I want since I'm heading to Hell anyway?

No one is without sin(besides Jesus), otherwise Christ death would have been in vain. We are to strive for righteousness with the blood of Jesus cleansing us. It seems like you are on the right path.

Upvote 0

HeartThaw

Jun 1, 2016
Metaire La
✟8,213.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As for Solomon: Well, I am glad God was able to use me as a vessel to help you with Solomon.

As for others who persecute us:

Jesus says blessed are you when men shall speak falsely against you. I would take this to be even when others treat us unfairly, too. Believers are to speak and act towards all people with love. Yes, sometimes we have to give people a cold splash of water in regards to their salvation (in an indirect way) but even this should be done in love. But I am glad to see you again, brother. May Christ (God) bless you greatly today.

Thank you brother, today was a good day. And I agree 100%
Romans 8:1 says there's no condemnation to those who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. Romans 8:6 says to be carnally minded is death and Romans 8:7 says that is is enmity against God. Romans 8:13 says if you live after the flesh you will die. Galatians 6:8 says whoever sows to the flesh reaps destruction and only those who sow to the Spirit reap everlasting life. Now since everyone dies, do these refer to spiritual death, as in loss of salvation?

Now I've made some progress in removing the sin from my life. I gave up playing video games, all secular movies/TV/music, my addiction to caffeine from sodas, masturbating, and so on. But I just can't seem to be free of sin even one day. Idle words, foolish thoughts, having the opportunity to do good and not doing it, these things just seem impossible to manage. Should I just give up and live however I want since I'm heading to Hell anyway?
Should you give up... ? No .. God is pruning you so to speak, that's good God has given you power over these games, shows, sodas, and keeping control over yourself. We are a work that has been freed from the bondage and strongholds that were in place. Sin is no longer your master, if we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father, through Jesus Christ, who will wash us from all unrighteousness. It happens, getting angry, saying something you don't mean, we still have to deal with fleshly world things. We still have to carry our cross as long as we are in flesh, though we are in flesh we are not of flesh... We walk a pure path. The path of Jesus, we try to emulate who He was. We are in this body of death though, so as for thoughts, you are not convicted by just thought alone, we must rebuke that thought, don't let the thought conceive to lust of anything in the heart. We must learn to control our thought, but God knows our heart. We aren't just going to hell, we will grow to do those things, like help others when we can and controlling our tongue. You are keeping the commandments yay? You are loving God with all your heart, mind, and soul yay? You are loving your brother as yourself ? .... Then your walking how Christ walked.

The other little things will shed off, you've let God release you from the strongholds in your life by the repenting, change of heart you had. You are a new creation, you have been redeemed. Now continue to walk in the newness of your life, and if you catch yourself doing something that the Holy Spirit doesn't agree with, repent and keep praying & training yourself with guidance of the Holy Spirit not to do it. God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0