Do all liberals support abortion and LGBTQ+?

Do you believe in abortion and LGBTQ?

• I support abortion

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I do not support abortion, but I support women’s rights to choose an abortion

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I do not support abortion at all

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I support LGBTQ

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • I do not support LGBTQ

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Even among pro-choice people, the support varies. As you say, men can be aggressive and dominating. So if men are somewhat more aggressive and women are not equally aggressive, if we can agree on that, then we need to take that into account before we submit the female to 16 years of submission to caring for her child.

Not 16 years, but as long as she must take care of her unwanted child.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So can caring for an unplanned child for 9 months.

There is no child during the nine months you are referring to.

1 in 5 women experience sexual violence during their lifetime.

Where did you see this statistic? Is it current?

Then add pregnancy to one of the most traumatic events a woman can experience.

I read a national survey showed most people who have abortions immediately feel relief. Hillary Clinton said during a presidential debate the decision to have an abortion is traumatic.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is not possible to support women's rights and oppose abortion at the same time. Abortion is mostly about women's rights
I disagree. But even if you're right, I defer to the Christian position that abortion is unacceptable.
The Bible is clear that all marriages must be heterosexual, but I am not aware of verses that say being gay or lesbian itself is a sin as long as the person remains single and celibate. Can you cite some?
I never made that argument. Being gay and in a gay relationship with sexual activity is sinful. If someone is gay, they must be celebate according to Christianity or they are violating God's commandment.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A reminder for newcomers to this discussion: This is the "Whosoever Will, May Come - Liberal" forum. If you do not identify as liberal, please do not argue with the liberals who post here. You may, however, ask genuine questions with the purpose of understanding liberals better. Note, for example, how very careful and respectful Vesper_Jaye✝️ was in the original post.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Mainline Protestant churches have always regarded abortion as something that is not ideal, but sometimes something that women have a legitimate right to choose. It wasn't until the mid 70's that some Evangelicals began to change their position, influenced by a few Catholic political voices that tried to recruit conservative Evangelicals into what later became known as "the Religious Right".

Accepttance of gay persons started in the 60's quietly in Mainline Protestant churches in the US, and gradually grew to the point that the overwhelming majority of mainline Protestants accept gay people today.

Upvote 0