Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dispensationalism is the belief that God throughout history has used different periods of time for different purposes . The church age is a different period in history in which God deals with the church. Some of the other times in history including the tribulational period, God's main focus is Israel, His chosen people. I personally believe that God works in different dispensations and that the church and Israel are 2 separate entities. I believe that the bible is to be taken literally and that there will be a literal mellinimum kingdom.

Salvation has always been by grace through faith throughout time. Look at rom 4:1-4 . Vs. 3: Abraham believed God , and it was counted unto him for righteousness . However, there is a difference between the old and New Testaments about how the salvation was manifested. For example, there is a dispensation of the law and this is how God dealt with His people before Christ came. They had to make sacrifices of animals to cover sins and they looked towards their Messiah. Where , since Christ came into the world, true believers are made righteous only through Christ and His perfect blood sacrifice for us by dying for our sins.

The bible teaches that there are still promises that are yet to be fulfilled in dealing with Israel. The nation will completely be restored. Look at Romans 11:25-33. It also shows here along with many other verses in the bible that Israel and the Gentiles are separate groups of people. Look at verse 25 for example, " For I would not, brethren that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in".

I also believe in premillennialism which means that the second coming of Christ after the tribulation ( not the rapture) will occur before a literal 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth. I also Believe in a pretribulation rapture which is our blessed hope. We are looking for that blessed hope now as we look for Christ . We are not looking for the tribulational period but the return of our Lord and savior for us!!
Spoken like a true reader of the Scofield Study Bible...except it falls apart when it comes to bible history because it ignores fulfilled prophecy.

Scofield simply rides the coat tails of John Nelson Darby...and while I don't doubt they are both Godly men, their eschatology is way off.

Scofield also takes his dispensations too far. I know...I was brought up in dispensational theology when God granted me salvation. The "two peoples of God" theory is just wrong!

When I read the scriptures chronologically the dispensational approach did nothing but present questions because you begin to see the historical fulfillment of prophecies that many believe are future.

Dispensational eschatology really falls apart when you don't ignore the symbolism of scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
Spoken like a true reader of the Scofield Study Bible...except it falls apart when it comes to bible history because it ignores fulfilled prophecy. Scofield simply rides the coat tails of John Nelson Darby...and while I don't doubt they are both Godly men, their eschatology is way off. Scofield also takes his dispensations too far. I know...I was brought up in dispensational theology when God granted me salvation. The "two peoples of God" theory is just wrong! When I read the scriptures chronologically the dispensational approach did nothing but present questions because you begin to see the historical fulfillment of prophecies that many believe are future. Dispensational eschatology really falls apart when you don't ignore the symbolism of scripture.

Well, I do not own a have a Scofield bible . I refer to my KJV study bible and I also like the ESV . I got some of my references from theopedia which is an evangelical encyclopedia of biblical Christianity . This is used for basic different Christian theological beliefs.

I put everything that I read, whether on this forum , books, ect, under the light of the word to see if it matches up with scripture . One must be able to discern something that is true to the scripture verses false . The only way to not be deceived is to know what the word of God says. Everyone should be a good berean and search out matters to see if they are true to the word .

What I said above does not fall apart in its eschatology . It actually makes perfect sense . If one allegories the scripture instead of taking it literally, a lot of confusion can happen . I believe that the literal interpretation is the only way to interpret scripture .

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The literal is the only way and when one spends enough time in the study it all makes perfect sense bibletruth469

Put on the full armor God, test all things in the light of the scriptures, be totally confident in your faith, and teach others

This is the way of the berean
That's quite ridiculous...when one says "literal", it's literal as far as what the author of any book of the bible presents it.

When Jesus is called the "Lion of the tribe of Judah" that's literal within the framework of the metaphor. Certainly we don't expect a literal lion. When Satan is called a "serpent"...again it's a "literal" metaphor of what Satan is like.

So once again you're in error Time Watcher...the scriptures defines how to literally understand.

As Ezekiel calls Israel and Judah "harlots" in Ezekiel 16 it's in a "literal spiritual sense" because Ezekiel spells it out that way.

These are just a few ways what you say is quite ridiculous. You approach the bible literally allowing it to provide HOW the literal is to be understood.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

bibletruth469 said in post 20:

I also Believe in a pretribulation rapture which is our blessed hope.

The blessed hope (Titus 2:13) is the hope of eternal life: "In hope of eternal life" (Titus 1:2), "that blessed hope" (Titus 2:13), "the hope of eternal life" (Titus 3:7), by which is meant the hope of obtaining an immortal, physical resurrection body (Romans 8:23-25, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39) at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), which won't occur until immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6). Also, Jesus himself is the hope of believers (1 Timothy 1:1b), for he himself is eternal life (John 14:6), and only by believing in him can people have eternal life (John 3:36).

We are looking for that blessed hope now as we look for Christ . We are not looking for the tribulational period but the return of our Lord and savior for us!!

No Christians are hoping for the tribulation instead of Jesus' 2nd coming, even though those Christians who (rightly) hold to the post-tribulation rapture view know that the tribulation must come first (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; cf. 1 Peter 4:12-13). For a Christian (whether male or female) who holds to the post-tribulation rapture view is like a pregnant woman nearing the end of her term. She isn't hoping for her birthing pains instead of the birth of her child, but she knows that birthing pains must come first (John 16:21-22, Isaiah 26:17-19; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23).

Salvation has always been by grace through faith throughout time.

Amen, in that initial salvation has always been by grace through faith without any works at all on our part (Romans 4:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5). But other passages show that initially saved people must have both faith and continued works of faith (1 Thessalonians 1:3, Galatians 5:6b, Titus 3:8) (not works of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law), if they're to obtain ultimate salvation (Romans 2:6-8, James 2:24, Matthew 7:21, Matthew 25:26,30, Philippians 2:12b, Philippians 3:11-14; 2 Corinthians 5:9, Hebrews 5:9, Hebrews 6:10-12; 2 Peter 1:10-11, John 15:2a; 1 John 2:17b). For believers must actually continue to do righteous deeds if they're to continue to be righteous (1 John 3:7, James 2:24,26). And there's no assurance that believers will choose to do that, instead of wrongly employing their free will to become utterly lazy without repentance, to the ultimate loss of their salvation (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a).

Look at rom 4:1-4 . Vs. 3: Abraham believed God , and it was counted unto him for righteousness .

Amen. And note that the issue in James 2:14-24 is how believers are to be saved (James 2:14b), how they're to be justified before God (James 2:23-24), just as the issue in Romans 4:1-5 is how believers are to be saved, how they're to be justified before God (cf. Romans 5:9, Romans 1:16). That's why both James 2:23-24 and Romans 4:1-5 employ the same Old Testament verse (Genesis 15:6, Romans 4:3, James 2:23). Romans 4:1-5 refers to initial salvation/justification before God, which is based on faith apart from works (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5), whereas James 2:23-24 refers to ultimate salvation/justification before God, which is based on both faith and works (Romans 2:6-8, Matthew 7:21, Philippians 2:12b; 2 Corinthians 5:9, Hebrews 5:9; 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14; 1 John 2:17b), as in works of faith (1 Thessalonians 1:3, Galatians 5:6b, Titus 3:8) (not works of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law).

For faith is like a body and works of faith are like the breathing (spirit) of that body (James 2:26). Faith without works of faith will die just as a body without breathing will die (James 2:26). That's why our ultimate salvation will depend on both our faith and our continued works of faith (Romans 2:6-8, James 2:24, Matthew 7:21). If a believer refuses to continue to perform works of faith, without repentance, he will ultimately lose his salvation (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a), just as if someone stops himself from breathing by hanging himself, he will die.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Time Watcher

These false teachers at the same time hold replacement theology which claims the Lord is finished with
His national people Israel …. this idea cannot be supported by the prophetic scriptures of the Bible …. these related scriptures project a “dispensational” framework which is ignored by the false teacher

Israel is the Church,so you are correct,God isn't finished with us........

OLD TESTAMENT TITLES AND ATTRIBUTES OF ISRAEL WHICH ARE, IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, REFERRED TO THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
THE BELOVED OF GOD
A) Israel Is Beloved Of God:
- Ex. 15:13, Deut. 33:3, Ezra 3:11
B) Disobedient Israel Is Not Beloved Of God:
- Lev. 3:16, Jer. 12:8, Jer. 16:5, Hos. 9:15
C) Christians Are Beloved Of God:
- Rom. 9:25, Eph. 5:1, Col. 3:12, 1 John 3:1

THE CHILDREN OF GOD
A) Israel Are The Children Of God:
- Ex. 4:22, Deut. 14:1, Isa. 1:2,4, Isa. 1:2,4, Isa. 63:8, Hos. 11:1
B) Disobedient Israel Are Not The Children Of God:
- Deut. 32:5, John 8:39, 42, 44
C) Christians Are The Children Of God:
- John 1:12, John 11:52, Rom. 8:14,16, 2 Cor. 6:18, Gal. 3:26, Gal. 4:5,6,7, Phil. 2:15, 1 John 3:1

THE FIELD OF GOD
A) Israel Is The Field Of God:
- Jer. 12:10
B) Christians Are The Field Of God:
- 1 Cor. 3:9

THE FLOCK OF GOD AND OF THE MESSIAH
A) Israel Is The Flock Of God And Of The Messiah:
- Psa. 78:52, Psa. 80:1, Isa. 40:11, Jer. 23:1,2,3, Jer. 31:10, Eze. 34:12,15,16, Mic. 5:4, Zec. 10:3
B) Christians Are The Flock Of God And Of The Messiah:
- John 10:14,16, Heb. 13:20, 1 Pet. 2:25, 1 Pet. 5:2,3

THE HOUSE OF GOD
A) Israel Is The House Of God:
- Num. 12:7
B) Christians Are The House Of God:
- 1 Tim. 3:15, Heb. 3:2,5,6, Heb. 10:21, 1 Pet. 4:17

THE KINGDOM OF GOD
A) Israel Is The Kingdom Of God:
- Ex. 19:6, 1 Chr. 17:14, 1 Chr. 28:5
B) Disobedient Israel Is Not The Kingdom Of God:
- Matt. 8:11,12, Matt. 21:43
C) Christians Are The Kingdom Of God:
- Rom. 14:17, 1 Cor. 4:20, Col. 1:13, Col. 4:11, Rev. 1:6

THE PEOPLE OF GOD
A) The Israelites Are The People Of God:
- Ex. 6:7, Deut. 27:9, 2 Sam. 7:23, Jer. 11:4
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not The People Of God:
- Hos. 1:9, Jer. 5:10
C) The Christians Are The People Of God:
- Rom. 9:25, 2 Cor. 6:16, Eph. 4:12, Eph. 5:3, 2 Th. 1:10, Tit. 2:14

THE PRIESTS OF GOD
A) The Israelites Are The Priests Of God:
- Ex. 19:6
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not The Priests Of God:
- 1 Sam. 2:28,30, Lam. 4:13,16, Eze. 44:10,13, Hos. 4:6, Mal. 2:2,4,8,9
C) The Christians Are The Priests Of God:
- 1 Pet. 2:5,9, Rev. 1:6, Rev. 5:10

THE VINEYARD OF GOD
A) Israel Is The Vineyard Of God:
- Isa. 5:3,4,5,7, Jer. 12:10
B) Christians Are The Vineyard Of God:
- Luke 20:16

THE WIFE (OR BRIDE) OF GOD
A) Israel Is The Wife (Or Bride) Of God:
- Isa. 54:5,6, Jer. 2:2, Eze. 16:32, Hos. 1:2
B) Disobedient Israelites Is Not The Wife (Or Bride) Of God:
- Jer. 3:8, Hos. 2:2
C) The Christians Are The Wife (Or Bride) Of God:
- 2 Cor. 11:2, Eph. 5:31,32

THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM
A) The Israelites Are The Children Of Abraham:
- 2 Chr. 20:7, Psa. 105:6, Isa. 41:8
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not The Children Of Abraham:
- John 8:39, Rom. 9:6,7, Gal. 4:25,30
C) The Christians Are The Children Of Abraham:
- Rom. 4:11,16, Gal. 3:7,29, Gal. 4:23,28,31

THE CHOSEN PEOPLE
A) The Israelites Are The Chosen People:
- Deut. 7:7, Deut. 10:15, Deut. 14:2, Isa. 43:20,21
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not The Chosen People:
- Deut. 31:17, 2 Ki. 17:20, 2 Chr. 25:7, Psa. 78:59, Jer. 6:30, Jer. 7:29, Jer. 14:10
C) The Christians Are The Chosen People:
- Col. 3:12, 1 Pet. 2:9

THE CIRCUMCISED
A) The Israelites Are The Circumcised:
- Gen. 17:10, Jud. 15:18
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not The Circumcised:
- Jer. 9:25,26, Rom. 2:25,28, Phil. 3:2
C) The Christians Are The Circumcised:
- Rom. 2:29, Phil. 3:3, Col. 2:11

ISRAEL
A) Israel is Israel
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not Israelites:
- Num. 15:30,31, Deut. 18:19, Acts 3:23, Rom. 9:6
C) The Christians Are Israel:
- John 11:50,51,52, 1 Cor. 10:1, Gal. 6:15,16, Eph. 2:12,19

JERUSALEM
A) Jerusalem Is the City And Mother Of Israel:
- Psa. 149:2, Isa. 12:6, Isa. 49:18,20,22, Isa. 51:18, Lam. 4:2
B) Jerusalem Is The City And Mother Of Christians:
- Gal. 4:26, Heb. 12:22

THE JEWS
A) Israelites Are Jews
- Ezr. 5:1, Jer. 34:8,9, Zech. 8:22,23
B) Disobedient Israelites Are Not Jews:
- Rom. 2:28, Rev. 2:9, Rev. 3:9
C) The Christians Are Jews:
- Rom. 2:29

THE NEW COVENANT
A) The New Covenant Is With Israel:
- Jer. 31:31,33
B) The New Covenant Is With The Christians:
- Luke 22:20, 1 Cor. 11:25, 2 Cor. 3:6, Heb. 8:6,8,10

AN OLIVE TREE
A) Israel Is An Olive Tree:
- Jer. 11:16, Hos. 14:6
B) The Christians Are An Olive Tree:
- Rom. 11:24

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"Israel is the Church,so you are correct,God isn't finished with us"

Israel is not the "church" and the "church" is not Israel

Israel has rejected the Lord for the most part and is in blindness today ... so Israel cannot be the "church"

This condition is going to change for a remnant part of Israel ... but this changing has not yet taken place

And the "church" is composed primarily of Gentile believers and not of Israel .... this condition is soon coming to an ending [Romans 11:25-36] .... and when it does, the Lord will then focus upon His national people of Israel .... whether those who claim to be Israel, but are Gentiles, like it or not

The problem with your idea and other Gentiles like you is the appropriation of Israel's position with the Lord for yourselves

And the Lord is not accepting of this perversion [Revelation 2:9; 3:9]

Do not boast against the branches of Israel [Romans 11:18-25]

I would suggest that you cease from following your mentors and return to the scriptures on this matter

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Israel is the Church,so you are correct,God isn't finished with us"

Israel is not the "church" and the "church" is not Israel

Israel has rejected the Lord for the most part and is in blindness today ... so Israel cannot be the "church"

This condition is going to change for a remnant part of Israel ... but this changing has not yet taken place

And the "church" is composed primarily of Gentile believers and not of Israel .... this condition is soon coming to an ending [Romans 11:25-36] .... and when it does, the Lord will then focus upon His national people of Israel .... whether those who claim to be Israel, but are Gentiles, like it or not

The problem with your idea and other Gentiles like you is the appropriation of Israel's position with the Lord for yourselves

And the Lord is not accepting of this perversion [Revelation 2:9; 3:9]

Do not boast against the branches of Israel [Romans 11:18-25]

I would suggest that you cease from following your mentors and return to the scriptures on this matter
Once again...think about how the Gentiles and Israel become ONE OLIVE TREE...you might begin to understand.

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"Once again...think about how the Gentiles and Israel become ONE OLIVE TREE...you might begin to understand"

Only in matters of salvation [becoming saved] the opportunity is for both

.... but not with regard for national and cultural identity

Paul teaches this truth quite clearly [Romans 11]

The Lord has kept Israel separate for His own purposes, and not for their own political ambitions [Ezekiel 34; 37]

The preterist throws out much of the literal content of the Bible prophets needed for understanding by selective allegory .... by making metaphorical mush out of all that is forecasted for Israel just at the end of this present dispensation of grace

Many scriptures attest to this fact, and if the literal interpretation is applied the preterist must necessarily honk .... allegory, figurative, past fulfillment of the same .... or simply ignores

Those who do this are going to pay a stiff price [2 Peter 2; 3]

Both the full and partial preterist who draws the line in the wrong place [past / future] is a scoffer of the Lord's Word

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Once again...think about how the Gentiles and Israel become ONE OLIVE TREE...you might begin to understand" (that's what I said)
YOU SAID:
Only in matters of salvation [becoming saved] the opportunity is for both

.... but not with regard for national and cultural identity

Paul teaches this truth quite clearly [Romans 11]
Once again YOU SAY it applies only in salvation...THAT'S NOT WHAT ROMANS 11 SAYS!!!

Romans 11 says THEY ARE BOTH GOD'S PEOPLE...they are a wild olive tree (the Gentiles), and Israel is the root to which the Gentiles are grafted into to make ONE OLIVE TREE. So go back and think about it...because the issue of salvation was covered in Romans 10 which is making the argument of WHY ISRAEL IS IN UNBELIEF!!!

Here's the point. Paul again in Ephesians 2:19-22 is telling you something you ignore:
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

So here again you miss the boat Time Watcher...because JESUS BROKE DOWN THE WALL!!! Jews and Gentiles are FELLOW CITIZENS. The more you try to make then two...THE SCRIPTURES KEEP MAKING THEM ONE!!!
The Lord has kept Israel separate for His own purposes, and not for their own political ambitions [Ezekiel 34; 37]
Ask yourself to consider the history of Ezekiel 34, 37...because you KEEP IGNORING ISRAEL AND JUDAH ARE CAPTIVE!!! So when you do that you're jumping over the return to the land as well as the rebuilding of the temple...plus the fact that Israel is IN THE LAND WHEN JESUS COMES AT MESSIAH.
The preterist throws out much of the literal content of the Bible prophets needed for understanding by selective allegory .... by making metaphorical mush out of all that is forecasted for Israel just at the end of this present dispensation of grace
Trying to discredit preterism isn't helping you...the FACTS say you're wrong and that you overlook history...WHICH HAS YOU IN ERROR!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

Time Watcher

I over look nothing ..... get use to it

I discredit preterism because it is false teaching in my opinion which I am entitled to do and have the a responsibility to do so when I see it .... this has absolutely nothing to do with you even though you are a preterist .... I teach against a number of false doctrines from their stems to their sterns because I understand many of them that are off course ... this forum has many of the same

And all of my postings are about issues of doctrine only .... when I get flack from you ... you can be assured that it will be returned back to some degree

You may think that I am wrong, but I do not .... so stop your squawking .... or dismiss yourself

I am sure that there are a few others on the forum who will entertain you from time , but you must understand that most here are not preterists .... and preterism is not to be taught on this forum .... the forum has set up a section for you to post on

And understand this ... if I have an issue with what is posted on a biblical subject you can bet that I will respond if I choose to do so, and when I do in your case you need to know that I am speaking right passed you .... I don'r really care who the poster is whether it is you or some else

What you do is to come and personalize your disdain when another does not agree with you ... and you are a bit of a troll as I see it

So expect that I will never agree with your preterism on any posting, or anyone else who holds to the same

I am using your post to display contrast so that others can choose any information that they want to use, and discard the rest .... this does not bother me .... but it obviously bothers you .... and when it does, you then resort to your debating tactics

And there are some people like myself who do not like your resulting behavior ... so you will get the same back to you from certain posters

If you cannot take this heat .... leave the building

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I over look nothing ..... get use to it

Stop your squawking .... or dismiss yourself

I am sure that there are a few others on the forum who will entertain you from time , but you must understand that most here are not preterists .... and preterism is not to be taught on this forum .... the forum has set up a section for you to do this

And understand this ... if I have an issue with what is posted on a biblical subject you can bet that I will respond if I choose to do so, and when I do in your case you keed to know that I am speaking right passed you .... I don'r really care who the poster is

What you do is to come and personalize your disdain when another does not agree with you ... and you are a bit of a troll as I see it

So expect that I will never agree with your preterism on any posting, or anyone else who holds to the same

I am using your post to display contrast so that others and choose any information that they want to use, and discard the rest .... this does not bother me .... but it obviously bothers you .... and when it does, you then resort to your debating tactics

And there are some people like myself who do not like your resulting behavior ... so you will get the same back to you from certain posters

If you cannot take this heat .... leave the building
Very weak. You're simply another believer as most of us are. Unlike you, I don't care if you're preterist, dispensationalist, postmil, amil, partial preterist or what.

What I concern myself with is THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE...so when you challenge my views I welcome that. The WORD says "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another". If another poster challenges my view...it is an opportunity for me to take another look...and see if I err in what I believe.

You hold a dispensational view, that's is viewed by me as a evolutionist. Just as evolution is faulty...so is dispensationalism. As I said being initially taught dispensational theology, early in my Christian walk...I saw and know the pitfalls of it.

So I will "squawk" (as you say), because unless you're blind as a believer, you can see the tide of those beginning to see the errors of dispensationalism just as Luther saw the error of the RCC and started the Reformation.

There's an "eschatological reformation" happening today because people are READING "line upon line, precept upon precept"...and as they do the errors of your view looms large. I look forward to the test...because the word of God is NOT BOUND...and certainly not in futurism. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
By by ebed .... and if you troll any of my postings again I am going to ignore you

I have contrasted your preterism enough on this forum

So rejoice and be glad
Be blessed...:wave: Keep with the word!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 32:

...because the word of God is NOT BOUND...and certainly not in futurism.

Futurism per se (i.e. minus dispensationalism) is Biblical, because just as the highly detailed tribulation events of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 find no historical fulfillment, so the tribulation events of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 find no historical fulfillment. For example, Luke 21:24 refers to the same future treading down of Jerusalem by the Gentiles as Revelation 11:2b, during the Antichrist's future, literal 42-month worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), the details of which time period are shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13). The myriad details of these chapters have never been fulfilled. Similarly, Jesus' 2nd coming and the church's gathering together (rapture) in Matthew 24:30-31 (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) have never been fulfilled, but must occur "immediately after" the future tribulation of Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, and Revelation chapters 6 to 18 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:2 to 20:6).

Also, the end of Herod's temple building (also called the 2nd temple building) in 70 AD didn't fulfill Matthew 24:2. For the stones of the 2nd temple's Western Wall (also called the Wailing Wall) still stand today one on top of the other, just as they did when Jesus spoke that prophecy. Matthew 24:2 included the Wailing Wall, for Matthew 24:2 wasn't referring to only the single 2nd temple building in the center of the Temple Mount (the building that contained the holy place and the most holy place), but was referring to "all these things", all the plural "buildings"/structures/oikodome (G3619) of the entire 2nd temple complex (Matthew 24:1). Indeed, Matthew 24:2 could even have been spoken just to the north and west of the Wailing Wall, for it was spoken just after Jesus had departed from the temple complex (Matthew 24:1), and one of the main temple complex exits (called Wilson's Arch and bridge by archaeologists) was just to the north of the Wailing Wall and at the same level as the top of the Temple Mount (see the temple complex map insert in the December, 2008 issue of National Geographic magazine).

Also, in Matthew 24:2, the "here" can include not just the entire 2nd temple complex, but every structure throughout Jerusalem. For the similar statement in Luke 19:44 applied to the whole city (Luke 19:41-44). Matthew 24:2 and Luke 19:44 could be fulfilled at the very end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, right before and at Jesus' 2nd coming (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

ebedmelech said in post 32:

...because the word of God is NOT BOUND...and certainly not in futurism.

Why does partial preterism believe in a future 2nd coming but not a future tribulation, when:

1. The 2nd coming and rapture (the gathering together/catching up together of the church: 2 Thessalonians 2:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) must occur "immediately after" the tribulation of Matthew 24 and Revelation chapters 6 to 18 (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6);

2. The 2nd coming and rapture can't occur until sometime after the man of sin (commonly called the Antichrist, also called the beast) sits in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem during the tribulation and declares himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15-31, Revelation 11:1-2, Revelation 13:4-18); and

3. At Jesus' 2nd coming to rapture and marry the church, he will destroy the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1,8, Revelation 19:7,20)?

Partial preterism might answer: "It's obvious that the 2nd coming hasn't happened yet". And that's right. But full preterism nonetheless still (mistakenly) claims that the 2nd coming, resurrection, and rapture described in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (and in 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:22-23,52-54, and Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) have already happened. For full preterism employs the same "it's only allegorical, not literal" argument that partial preterism uses to (mistakenly) claim that all the highly-detailed, myriad different events of the tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 have already happened. If partial preterism has no problem accepting that the 2nd coming, resurrection of the church, and rapture haven't yet occurred, for nowhere in history do we find the events of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (which are the same events as 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:22-23,52-54, and Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), then why does partial preterism have a problem accepting that the events of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 haven't yet occurred either, for nowhere in history do we find these events either?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Futurism per se (i.e. minus dispensationalism) is Biblical, because just as the highly detailed tribulation events of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 find no historical fulfillment, so the tribulation events of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 find no historical fulfillment. For example, Luke 21:24 refers to the same future treading down of Jerusalem by the Gentiles as Revelation 11:2b, during the Antichrist's future, literal 42-month worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), the details of which time period are shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13). The myriad details of these chapters have never been fulfilled. Similarly, Jesus' 2nd coming and the church's gathering together (rapture) in Matthew 24:30-31 (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) have never been fulfilled, but must occur "immediately after" the future tribulation of Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, and Revelation chapters 6 to 18 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:2 to 20:6).

Also, the end of Herod's temple building (also called the 2nd temple building) in 70 AD didn't fulfill Matthew 24:2. For the stones of the 2nd temple's Western Wall (also called the Wailing Wall) still stand today one on top of the other, just as they did when Jesus spoke that prophecy. Matthew 24:2 included the Wailing Wall, for Matthew 24:2 wasn't referring to only the single 2nd temple building in the center of the Temple Mount (the building that contained the holy place and the most holy place), but was referring to "all these things", all the plural "buildings"/structures/oikodome (G3619) of the entire 2nd temple complex (Matthew 24:1). Indeed, Matthew 24:2 could even have been spoken just to the north and west of the Wailing Wall, for it was spoken just after Jesus had departed from the temple complex (Matthew 24:1), and one of the main temple complex exits (called Wilson's Arch and bridge by archaeologists) was just to the north of the Wailing Wall and at the same level as the top of the Temple Mount (see the temple complex map insert in the December, 2008 issue of National Geographic magazine).

Also, in Matthew 24:2, the "here" can include not just the entire 2nd temple complex, but every structure throughout Jerusalem. For the similar statement in Luke 19:44 applied to the whole city (Luke 19:41-44). Matthew 24:2 and Luke 19:44 could be fulfilled at the very end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, right before and at Jesus' 2nd coming (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).
That is totally faulty thinking/belief Bible2. The details of Matthew 24 have been fulfilled. We are in the time of Matthew 25 where in the parable of the virgins the bridegroom delays his coming, and in the parable of the talents, the man who gave the talents goes on a long journey. Jesus is the bridegroom and Jesus is also the man who gave the talents.

Why does partial preterism believe in a future 2nd coming but not a future tribulation, when:

1. The 2nd coming and rapture (the gathering together/catching up together of the church: 2 Thessalonians 2:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) must occur "immediately after" the tribulation of Matthew 24 and Revelation chapters 6 to 18 (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6);

2. The 2nd coming and rapture can't occur until sometime after the man of sin (commonly called the Antichrist, also called the beast) sits in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem during the tribulation and declares himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15-31, Revelation 11:1-2, Revelation 13:4-18); and

3. At Jesus' 2nd coming to rapture and marry the church, he will destroy the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1,8, Revelation 19:7,20)?

Partial preterism might answer: "It's obvious that the 2nd coming hasn't happened yet". And that's right. But full preterism nonetheless still (mistakenly) claims that the 2nd coming, resurrection, and rapture described in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (and in 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:22-23,52-54, and Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) have already happened. For full preterism employs the same "it's only allegorical, not literal" argument that partial preterism uses to (mistakenly) claim that all the highly-detailed, myriad different events of the tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 have already happened. If partial preterism has no problem accepting that the 2nd coming, resurrection of the church, and rapture haven't yet occurred, for nowhere in history do we find the events of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (which are the same events as 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:22-23,52-54, and Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), then why does partial preterism have a problem accepting that the events of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 haven't yet occurred either, for nowhere in history do we find these events either?
Partial preterism doesn't believe a pretrib rapture because EVERY passage that futurism points to as a rapture is really Christ coming to resurrect the righteous and the unrighteous.

Go back and read what you think is a pretrib rapture WITHOUT your preconceived beliefs. Allow those passages to speak...and your thinking falls apart.

The prophecy is sealed at the time of the destruction of Jerusalem and the dispersing of Israel by Rome. Because so many erroneously believe Revelation was written in 95 AD that is a huge problem for futurism because:

1. If John wrote Revelation in 95 AD, how is it that he makes NO MENTION of Jerusalem and the temple being destroyed? Why does he not mention Israel being dispersed? It's inconceivable that John would not mention these critical events which WE KNOW occurred in 70 AD.

2. However if we properly acknowledge that Revelation was written about 66 AD, it's very logical what John speaks of in Revelation in the judgement of Jerusalem as prophesied by Jesus in Matthew 24.

3. The cannon being closed with the writing of Revelation one cannot deny the secular writings of great detail particularly by historians Josephus and Tacitus, as well as early church writers like Chrysostom, Origen, Clement, Tertullian, and Athanasius.

These things cannot be denied! Just as God's 400 years of silence between the OT and NT we do have historical writings that tell us much of Israels history.

So you're in error Bible2, because once again chunks history is denied by futurism in favor of a position teaching the church is going to escape a great tribulation that already occurred and records the deaths of the great apostles Peter and Paul. Yet we're somehow the 21st century church is going to escape??? Living for Christ involves persecution Bible2! Christians die daily enduring tribulation that comes with following Jesus in many countries...so tell then about a pretrib rapture.

Not interested in the full preterist position which is totally defeated by Rev 21, 22. So you can save that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 38:

Partial preterism doesn't believe a pretrib rapture because EVERY passage that futurism points to as a rapture is really Christ coming to resurrect the righteous and the unrighteous.

Regarding "Partial preterism doesn't believe a pretrib rapture", note that neither does futurism per se, for the reasons given in the 2nd section of post 14.

Regarding "EVERY passage that futurism points to as a rapture is really Christ coming to resurrect the righteous and the unrighteous", note that the rapture will occur right after the resurrection of the righteous (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17). For the English word "rapture" is derived from the root of the Latin word "rapiemur", which is how the old Latin (Vulgate) translation of the Bible translated the original Greek word (harpazo) translated as "caught up" in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. So the "rapture" is the church's being "caught up together" to Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), which is the same as the church's being "gathered together" to Jesus at his 2nd coming (2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:3), which will occur immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Christians need to be wary of the mistaken idea that no rapture will occur at Jesus' 2nd coming. For such an idea could be employed in the future by the Antichrist's False Prophet (of Revelation 19:20, Revelation 13:13-15) to fool some Christians into thinking that Jesus' 2nd coming has happened (Matthew 24:23-26) without Jesus having to have raptured (caught up together/gathered together) the church to hold a meeting in the sky with him at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:3).

Regarding "Christ coming to resurrect the righteous and the unrighteous", note that when Jesus returns, only the church will be bodily resurrected and finally-judged (1 Corinthians 15:21-23, Revelation 20:5; Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27; Matthew 25:19-30; 2 Corinthians 5:10, Luke 12:45-48). The obedient part of the bodily resurrected church, including those in the church who had been beheaded by the Antichrist, will then reign on the earth with the returned Jesus for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21). Only sometime after the 1,000 years and the subsequent Gog/Magog rebellion are over (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39) will the rest of the dead (of all times) be bodily resurrected (Revelation 20:5) and finally-judged at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).

If John wrote Revelation in 95 AD, how is it that he makes NO MENTION of Jerusalem and the temple being destroyed? Why does he not mention Israel being dispersed? It's inconceivable that John would not mention these critical events which WE KNOW occurred in 70 AD.

Since John saw his Revelation vision around 95 AD, near the end of Domitian's reign (Irenaeus, Against Heresies 5:30:3c), and Revelation is about future events (Revelation 1:1), not past events, there was no need to mention the past events of 70 AD.

However if we properly acknowledge that Revelation was written about 66 AD, it's very logical what John speaks of in Revelation in the judgement of Jerusalem as prophesied by Jesus in Matthew 24.

Note that while the corrupt aspects of first-century AD Jerusalem (and of other cities) are included in what Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) represents, it represents much more than just the corrupt aspects of first-century AD Jerusalem. For first-century AD Jerusalem just by itself didn't reign over the kings of the earth (Revelation 17:18). Nor was first-century AD Jerusalem the only place where people bought merchandise (Revelation 18:11). Nor had first-century AD Jerusalem just by itself corrupted the entire world (Revelation 18:3). Nor had first-century AD Jerusalem been continuously supported by the empires of fallen man throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10). Instead, Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" represents all of mankind's corrupt political (Revelation 17:18), economic (Revelation 18:11), and religious (Revelation 18:24) systems throughout the earth (Revelation 18:3), and throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10).

In Revelation 11:8, the great city is Jerusalem, where Jesus was crucified. But in Revelation 21:10, the great city is New Jerusalem, which is now in heaven. And in Revelation 14:8, Revelation 17:18, and Revelation 18:10-21, the great city is the symbolic harlot/city of Babylon. When it's destroyed, it will be found no more at all (Revelation 18:21), forever (Revelation 19:3), unlike Jerusalem, which was found again after its only-temporary destruction in 70 AD.

The 10 kings of the Antichrist's empire will destroy with fire what Revelation's "Babylon" represents (Revelation 17:16-17) when they destroy the cities of the earth (Revelation 16:19), probably with nukes (and probably with Fission-Fusion-Fission, "FFF", or "666", nukes, "F" representing the number six in English gematria), at the time of the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19), which will be the final event (Revelation 16:17) of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, right before Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:2 to 20:6, Matthew 24:29-31). They could do this under the direction of Lucifer/Satan (Isaiah 14:17,12), who could want to leave only a literal "scorched earth" for Jesus to return to.

Near the very end of the future tribulation, Lucifer (employing the ancient lies of Gnosticism) could say to the Antichrist and his 10 kings something like: "Our great battle against the evil, tyrant god YHWH is about to begin [Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19], a battle which we will win, and so we will be able to escape YHWH's prison house, this material universe, and return to the wholly-spiritual Pleroma [i.e. Heaven]. So let us now destroy this prison cell, this foul planet, and let us, as it were, burn up all the gewgaws which we have hung upon our cell walls. Let us burn up all our great cities, all our magnificent systems. Let us break all our chains of attachment to this vile physical realm, that we might more freely ascend back to our rightful place in the Pleroma [Isaiah 14:13-14]".

Of course this will be a lie. For at his 2nd coming, Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30, Zechariah 14:3-4) will completely defeat the world's armies, arrayed against YHWH (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19-21). And Jesus will have Lucifer bound in the bottomless pit during the subsequent 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-6, Isaiah 14:15). And Jesus will restore ruined parts of the earth and make them like the Garden of Eden (Ezekiel 36:35, Isaiah 51:3). And after the 1,000 years and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), God will create a new heaven (a new first heaven, a new sky/atmosphere for the earth) and a new earth (a new surface for the earth) (Revelation 21:1). And then God will descend from the 3rd heaven in the literal city of New Jerusalem, to live with saved humanity on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).

However if we properly acknowledge that Revelation was written about 66 AD, it's very logical what John speaks of in Revelation in the judgement of Jerusalem as prophesied by Jesus in Matthew 24.

Note that just as Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) represents much more than just first-century AD Jerusalem, so the beast of Revelation 17:3 represents much more than just the ancient Roman empire.

For the 7 heads of the beast in its empire aspect (Revelation 13:1, Revelation 17:3) represent 7 different empires (Revelation 17:9-10): Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and (possibly) Islam. The first 5 had fallen by the time of John the apostle in the first century AD: "five are fallen" (Revelation 17:10, Revelation 1:1b-2). The 6th (Rome) existed at the time of John: "one is" (Revelation 17:10). The 7th (possibly Islam) hadn't come by the time of John: "the other is not yet come" (Revelation 17:10). The empire of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) will be a different, still-future, 8th head (Revelation 17:11), which will be a revival of one of the 5 empires that had fallen by the time of John (Revelation 17:8,10,11). It will be a revival of the empire of Babylon. The Antichrist will transform the present-day, rebuilt city of Babylon (in Iraq) into the capital of his world empire, only to see his city of Babylon ultimately destroyed at Jesus' 2nd coming (Isaiah 13).

Before the 2nd coming, when the world is brought into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist, during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the Antichrist will build their main temple in the city of Babylon. For a temple to "wickedness" will be built in Shinar (Babylonia) (Zechariah 5:8,11), and the Antichrist is called "that Wicked" (2 Thessalonians 2:8). Also, the dragon has been the god worshipped in the city of Babylon since ancient times.

The Antichrist may claim to be Nebuchadnezzar returned, and so reinstitute the system that Nebuchadnezzar set up whereby everyone had to worship an image or be killed (Daniel 3, Revelation 13:15). The Antichrist may also claim to be, at the same time, the return of Nimrod (the founder of Babylon: Genesis 10:8-10), and Hammurabi, and Asoka, and other famous rulers of the past. For he may claim that he has had many different "past lives" as various "enlightened" rulers.

Besides building a main temple in Babylon, the Antichrist will also sit (at least one time) in a future, 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem, and declare himself God there (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36,31, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 11:1-2). The Antichrist could also sit (at least one time) in other religions' holiest shrines, and declare himself to be God there as well. For example, he could also sit in Islam's Kaaba in Mecca, in the Sikhs' Golden Temple in Amritsar, in Catholicism's St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican, etc.

So you're in error Bible2, because once again chunks history is denied by futurism in favor of a position teaching the church is going to escape a great tribulation that already occurred and records the deaths of the great apostles Peter and Paul.

Note that futurism per se doesn't teach a pre-tribulation rapture. But preterism (whether full or partial), as well as historicism (in its various modern forms), and pre-tribulation rapturism, symbolicism, and spiritualism, could all be animated by the same spirit of fear: that the church alive today throughout the world would otherwise have to physically suffer through the future, almost-entirely literal, worldwide tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. For these 5 views of preterism, historicism, pre-tribulation rapturism, symbolicism, and spiritualism, in their different ways, each gives a mistaken assurance to the church alive today that it won't have to physically suffer through that tribulation.

Preterism says that the tribulation happened in 70 AD. Historicism says that it happened over a long period in history (e.g. during the rise and height of the RCC's power in Europe during the Middle Ages and after, or during the rise and spread of Islam in the Middle East and elsewhere during the Middle Ages and after). Pre-tribulation rapturism says that Jesus will return and rapture the church into the 3rd heaven before the tribulation begins. Symbolicism says that the tribulation is only symbolic of theological themes which those in the church have always had to struggle with (e.g. Matthew 6:24), or is symbolic of only-local physical persecutions which some in the church have always had to face, and are still facing today in some places. And spiritualism says that the tribulation is only spiritual events, which go on only within the hearts of individuals.

But when the almost-entirely literal, worldwide tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 begins in our future, the shaky doctrinal wall which (in their different ways) these 5 views have each tried to build up between the church and the tribulation, will be completely shattered (Ezekiel 13:10-12) as the church worldwide begins to physically suffer through the tribulation (Matthew 24:9-31, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6). These 5 views may have left some in the church unprepared mentally to undergo this physical suffering, to where these 5 views could even contribute to some in the church ultimately losing their salvation because of committing apostasy (Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6; 2 Timothy 2:12) during the tribulation, when they become "offended" that God is making them and their little ones physically suffer through it (Matthew 24:9-12, Matthew 13:21, Isaiah 8:21-22, Luke 8:13).

Even though the church today throughout the world will have to physically suffer through the tribulation, the church need not fear this (cf. 1 Peter 4:12-13, Revelation 2:10). For even though many in the church will suffer and die during that time (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13), this will be to their gain, as it will bring their souls into heaven to be with Jesus (Philippians 1:21,23; 2 Corinthians 5:8; see also 2 Corinthians 4:17-18; 2 Timothy 2:12), and it won't rob them of the blessed hope (Titus 2:13) of obtaining eternal life (Titus 1:2, Titus 3:7) in an immortal, physical resurrection body (Romans 8:23-25, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39) at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), which will occur immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I find it interesting how SDAs and Dispys are at each others throats in a hate-hate relationship, every time I read anything from either camp, I'm left banging my head against the wall, it is a wonder (considering the amount I have read from both of them) that I can actually still function as a human being.

Upvote 0