Apr 29, 2007
✟7,647.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, I'm new to this forum and whatnot so forgive my ignorance if this is some huge discussion that I for some reason I can't find. But anyways, how do YEC folks explain dinosaurs? I know that the YECs at my school always just kind of change the subject whenever I bring dinosaurs up when we're talking about creation and I'm just curious what you guys have to say about it.

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Summary:
Dinosaurs are part of God's creation. They became extinct, probably because of changing climate conditions after Noah's global flood. They lived at the same time as man. The dating methods used are (obviously) disputed by YEC scientists. Much of the fossil record was created during the flood and right afterwards.

Upvote 0

Scotishfury09

G.R.O.S.S. Dictator-For-Life
Feb 27, 2007
Belton, Texas
✟8,427.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My grandmother-in-law believes they were placed in the rocks by the devil in order to deceive man into thinking the earth is older than the Bible claims.
I don't think she's very keen about the fact that I study fossils for a living. :p

Haha! ^_^

Upvote 0

busterdog

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My grandmother-in-law believes they were placed in the rocks by the devil in order to deceive man into thinking the earth is older than the Bible claims.
I don't think she's very keen about the fact that I study fossils for a living. :p

And I can hear grandma telling you, "And don't get me started on those damnable isochrons!"

Upvote 0

sumcallmeben

Apr 29, 2007
✟7,647.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol Nice

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I get asked this question quite a bit. I just say to look to Genesis where land sea and air creatures were created. I also look to genesis for the fossil record we have today, i.e. Noah's flood
The fossil record refutes the concept of a global flood. Noah's flood has nothing to do with the fossil record.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mick116

Jul 14, 2004
✟8,869.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most dinosaurs died out by 65 million years ago, most likely as the result of a cataclysmic meteorite impact.

There are representatives of the dinosaur lineage alive today, however - most notably birds, but also animals that share a close common ancestor, such as crocodiles.

Yes, I know I'm stirring up trouble... sorry :)

Upvote 0

hithesh

May 29, 2006
✟8,785.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian

Laborer of Satan!

:)

Upvote 0

SuperSaint4GodDBZStyle

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
✟8,210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Lol, yea. Some Older people would put their crazy beliefs in there. That really doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.