United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Hello everyone, so glad to meet you.

My name is 22__Lavender__22 and I’m new to the faith. I found this forum by chance whilst doing research on the best way to read and digest the bible as a beginner. I have yet to find an online space that feels welcoming apart from this one so I hope to make a positive impact while I am here. :purpleheart:

Some more things about me, well considering that I am new to all of this I should preface I honestly don’t know what my denomination is, I’m still waiting on God to answer my prayer on that. I am definitely a Christian, and I attend a Methodist church so I just jotted down Methodist. This could change or it could remain as it is, I’m leaving that up for God to decide :) I’ve always believed in Him but this time around I am going about things the proper way and being sure to pray and read my Bible and be involved in church. I was formerly a Pagan so I believed that everything existed but I didn’t worship God or any other deities if that makes sense. My focus was more nature based. I still honor and love nature however the difference this time around is that I recognize it is God’s creation. I hope I’m making sense here LOL.

My long term goal is to heal my heart and learn more about Christ and how I can honor Him. I’ve experienced so much loss and tragedy over the course of my life but I have a renewed sense of hope and I trust that God will guide me to where I’m supposed to be. :purpleheart:

I do not have a favorite scripture yet otherwise I would probably put that somewhere here, but I’m sure I’ll find it out soon enough.

22_Lavender_22

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My name is 22__Lavender__22 and I’m new to the faith. I found this forum by chance whilst doing research on the best way to read and digest the bible as a beginner. I have yet to find an online space that feels welcoming apart from this one so I hope to make a positive impact while I am here. :purpleheart:

Some more things about me, well considering that I am new to all of this I should preface I honestly don’t know what my denomination is, I’m still waiting on God to answer my prayer on that. I am definitely a Christian, and I attend a Methodist church so I just jotted down Methodist. This could change or it could remain as it is, I’m leaving that up for God to decide :) I’ve always believed in Him but this time around I am going about things the proper way and being sure to pray and read my Bible and be involved in church. I was formerly a Pagan so I believed that everything existed but I didn’t worship God or any other deities if that makes sense. My focus was more nature based. I still honor and love nature however the difference this time around is that I recognize it is God’s creation. I hope I’m making sense here LOL.

My long term goal is to heal my heart and learn more about Christ and how I can honor Him. I’ve experienced so much loss and tragedy over the course of my life but I have a renewed sense of hope and I trust that God will guide me to where I’m supposed to be. :purpleheart:

I do not have a favorite scripture yet otherwise I would probably put that somewhere here, but I’m sure I’ll find it out soon enough.

22_Lavender_22
Welcome!

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF! I'm glad you found us - we're always happy to help new believers and give them tools to grow in the faith.

You may find the For New Christians section to be particularly helpful, and that's where I would recommend for you to go first. We also have a forum for the Methodist Denomination if you're interested to learn more about what that group teaches and how that compares to other Christian groups.

As you continue on the road of healing, you may find the Recovery section a good place to ask for help, and the Prayer Wall is a good place to ask other believers to pray on your behalf for more guidance and direction from God. This forum is large, but don't be afraid to ask for help, either from your fellow members or from the staff, as to where things go.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations on your new birth, and welcome to the CF. Methodism is an excellent branch of Christianity. If you are comfortable in your church, stick there. Otherwise, you can try other Methodist or Pentecostal denominations. I hope you enjoy the discussions and fellowship here.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

A servant of the Kings

Dec 28, 2023
Gotland
✟1,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

22_Lavender_22
Hi Lavender,

Welcome, since there are 2 hearts in your text, and you seem to write you have no favorite part of scripture yet, I will suggest this to you: 1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God’s love was revealed among us: God sent His one and only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him.…

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums