Did Moses announce the 10th plague to Pharaoh face to face?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think so.

While the 9th plague was happening, NIV, Ex 10:

24 Pharaoh summoned Moses and said, “Go, worship the Lord. Even your women and children may go with you; only leave your flocks and herds behind.”
Pharaoh was trying to negotiate with Moses/God but failed.

28 Pharaoh said to Moses, “Get out of my sight! Make sure you do not appear before me again! The day you see my face you will die.”
29 “Just as you say,” Moses replied. “I will never appear before you again.”
Exodus 11:

1 Now the Lord had said to Moses, “I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. After that, he will let you go from here, and when he does, he will drive you out completely. 2Tell the people that men and women alike are to ask their neighbors for articles of silver and gold.” 3 (The Lord made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and Moses himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh’s officials and by the people.)
The chapter division here is unfortunate. The above paragraph is a side note to justify what Moses was about to say next:

4 So Moses said,
Moses speech to the Pharoah continued:

“This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5a Every firstborn son in Egypt will die” … 8b Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh.
Near the end of the 9th plague, Pharoah summoned Moses. They could not agree on leaving the livestock behind. Pharoah threatened to kill Moses the next time he saw him. Moses said fine and announced to him the 10th plague that was coming. Both of them were angry when they parted.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram