Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't go for every naked person I see, so why would a gay guy? The created caricature of the "oversexed homosexual" is a form of discrimination. I'm sure the player would be professional enough to not hit on someone he knows to be straight, whether he's seen him naked or not (it's not like it's anything he doesn't see in the mirror every day!). He knows it would cause a rift in his team. Besides, no one likes rejection.

If most straight men like looking at naked women (such as in inappropriate content), I would assume the gay men like looking at naked men (that is not to say he wouldn't follow locker room etiquette). Also, men generally have a higher sex drive than most women and are very visual.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't see much point making a thing of it. Especially for homosexuals just being on the team.

It'd be more understandalble if he's talking with the locker rooms in mind, but he's probably shared the locker rooms with gay men a few times already.

If it's any consolation, it's uncomfortable for gay men too...

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If it's any consolation, it's uncomfortable for gay men too...

It would be uncomfortable for me to shower with women but that doesn't change the sexual excitement of seeing them naked. It would honestly be hard for me and most straight men to not entertain sexual thoughts while showering with women.

Upvote 0
H

HalupkiMonster

It would be uncomfortable for me to shower with women but that doesn't change the sexual excitement of seeing them naked. It would honestly be hard for me and most straight men to not entertain sexual thoughts while showering with women.

As a gay male, this is just something I've had to deal with. I don't think of sex while showering. I just want to get clean and get dressed. I think you overestimate the sex drives of gay men a bit. After all, most of us just want to shop, wear colorful clothes and chat with our girlfriends. Where on earth would sex fit in? :cool:

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As a gay male, this is just something I've had to deal with. I don't think of sex while showering. I just want to get clean and get dressed. I think you overestimate the sex drives of gay men a bit. After all, most of us just want to shop, wear colorful clothes and chat with our girlfriends. Where on earth would sex fit in? :cool:

You have me wrong. I am speaking of men in general (straight or gay). I am speaking with mine and my friends sex drives. Since most men have high sex drives I assume that (gay and straight) men struggle with temptation. Why is it that A high percentage of men (gay or straight) are addicted to inappropriate content? In part, it is the male sex drive along with being more visual than women.

I am not saying that you personally have that problem. There are always exceptions to the rule. :)

Upvote 0
H

HalupkiMonster

You have me wrong. I am speaking of men in general (straight or gay). I am speaking with regard to mine and my friends sex drives. Since most men have high sex drives I assume that (gay and straight) men struggle with temptation. Why is it that A high percentage of men (gay or straight) are addicted to inappropriate content? In part, it is the male sex drive along with being more visual than women.

I see what you're saying.

I am thinking this way: (If we set aside the fact that the two genders showering together is nonsense for a variety of reasons for a moment.) I wouldn't have that much of a problem showering with heterosexual women. They may be attracted to me, but I know that nothing will happen because I'm not attracted to them. I wouldn't take any flirting seriously because I simply am not attracted to them. I don't see why this isn't the same for heterosexual and homosexual men together. If the straight man is not attracted to the gay man, he has nothing to worry about. If the gay man gets to the point of sexual harassment, then he deserves a punch in the face (but nothing more.) Perhaps I just think differently because I'm on the other end of this issue. I just want to be treated like every other guy, that's all.

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I see what you're saying.

I am thinking this way: (If we set aside the fact that the two genders showering together is nonsense for a variety of reasons for a moment.) I wouldn't have that much of a problem showering with heterosexual women. They may be attracted to me, but I know that nothing will happen because I'm not attracted to them. I wouldn't take any flirting seriously because I simply am not attracted to them. I don't see why this isn't the same for heterosexual and homosexual men together. If the straight man is not attracted to the gay man, he has nothing to worry about. If the gay man gets to the point of sexual harassment, then he deserves a punch in the face (but nothing more.) Perhaps I just think differently because I'm on the other end of this issue. I just want to be treated like every other guy, that's all.

I understand how you want to be treated like a normal man. I have Aspergers Syndrome and most people don't treat me like a normal man. I personally would shower with a gay teammate. I am pointing out why many would prefer not to. I would personally be upset to find anyone, male or female, having sexual thoughts about me (except my wife when/if I get married. But, I wouldn't let that get in the way unless there was any sexual harassment. I do not support anyone practicing homosexuality but I do identify with wanting to be treated as a normal man.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,435.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The writer of the piece seems to opine that Hunter is simply a bigot who uses Christianity as an excuse for his bigotry. The comments at the bottom of the page, however, appear to indicate that the majority of readers disagree with his opinion.

Thoughts?

Maybe evolution isn't true afterall, given the caveman mentality of this ball player...:(

Upvote 0
H

HalupkiMonster

I understand how you want to be treated like a normal man. I have Aspergers Syndrome and most people don't treat me like a normal man. I personally would shower with a gay teammate. I am pointing out why many would prefer not to. I would personally be upset to find anyone, male or female, having sexual thoughts about me (except my wife when/if I get married. But, I wouldn't let that get in the way unless there was any sexual harassment. I do not support anyone practicing homosexuality but I do identify with wanting to be treated as a normal man.

I see. What do you think about this, then. I am gay. This is how I identify. I don't shove it into everyone's face, but if it comes up and I'm asked or something, I have no shame in admitting it. I don't disapprove of homosexuality, but I don't necessarily approve. I'm sort of...neutral (though I believe that gay people should do what they want without restriction, but religiously I hold by my neutrality.) I try not to judge those around me. I have chosen to be celibate. It's a personal choice and makes me feel closer to God.

About gay men like me (of which there are quite a few.) Would the fact that I am open about my attractions make heterosexual men uncomfortable, with with the knowledge that I wouldn't flirt or "make a pass" or anything?

I thank you for your reasonable conversation, this is very illuminating for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I see. What do you think about this, then. I am gay. This is how I identify. I don't shove it into everyone's face, but if it comes up and I'm asked or something, I have no shame in admitting it. I don't disapprove of homosexuality, but I don't necessarily approve. I'm sort of...neutral. I try not to judge those around me. I have chosen to be celibate. It's a personal choice and makes me feel closer to God.

I personally have always got along really well with gay co-workers and have enjoyed working with and for them. To be clear, I do believe that same-sex sexual relations is sinful. I admire those that have decided to be celibate for the sake of Christ. We all have our crosses to bear. God will definitely grant a greater reward to those that have heavier crosses.

About gay men like me (of which there are quite a few.) Would the fact that I am open about my attractions make heterosexual men uncomfortable, when with the knowledge that I wouldn't flirt or "make a pass" or anything?

I thank you for your reasonable conversation, this is very illuminating for me.

This question honestly depends on where you live. Live in the Bible-Belt (Alabama). There would be mixed opinions among those I know about being uncomfortable. I think that where I live, younger people, including those against the practice same sex sexual relations are more likely not to mind. I haven't personally seen any gay person that I've worked with be mistreated in any way. But, I do know that there are some, especially some (forgive the term) rednecks, who would have a problem just because (such as you read in the news about gay people being killed by a group of men).

I have had gay co-workers make flirtish comments to me and suggest we date. As long as it isn't excessive it doesn't really bother me. If anyone made a pass at me, male or female, then I would be upset.

This has been a delightful conversation. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟938,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, but it becomes wrong when you demand your teammate leave because you feel uncomfortable.

All this gay panic ain't helping.
I don't see why you would think that's the next logical step.

Upvote 0

equestria

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Dec 26, 2012
✟15,231.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
If most straight men like looking at naked women (such as in inappropriate content), I would assume the gay men like looking at naked men (that is not to say he wouldn't follow locker room etiquette). Also, men generally have a higher sex drive than most women and are very visual.

Your comment denigrates men as horn dogs and comes off as misandry. Is that what you think non-Christian men are all about? Let's just say Jersey Shore doesn't represent them. You assume too much. A caricature is just that: not based in reality.

On a different note, as a bisexual Christian, I think I'm bowing out from this thread. When you mention genital mutilation as a Christian value, I have to go.

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your comment denigrates men as horn dogs and comes off as misandry. Is that what you think non-Christian men are all about? Let's just say Jersey Shore doesn't represent them. You assume too much. A caricature is just that: not based in reality.

On a different note, as a bisexual Christian, I think I'm bowing out from this thread. When you mention genital mutilation as a Christian value, I have to go.

I guess you didn't read further to see I considered myself one of those men. Also, I didn't speak of genital mutilation at all.

The gay man I was speaking with didn't find me to be misandrous.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,094,050.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gay people are pretty much like straight people in that they don't hit on or lust after people to whom they don't feel physically and/or emotionally attracted.

Anyone who can confuse that issue must be someone who has difficulty separating platonic and romantic friendship in his/her own relationships.

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Gay people are pretty much like straight people in that they don't hit on or lust after people to whom they don't feel physically and/or emotionally attracted.

And gay men are pretty much like straight men. Read scientific studies about men and what sexually excites them. If I was showering with a bunch of women my straight sex-drive would kick in. That is the same for a great majority of men. I wasn't saying that it would make anyone hit on or lust after but, biology (sexual excitement) kicks in for the average male even against his desires.

Upvote 0