Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this even really necessary? It's simply a retaliatory act. It's destructive, not helpful.

Florida governor: school districts that defied no-mask mandate to lose $200m

The plan, which some analysts believe is almost certainly unconstitutional, was part of a budget bill that passed the Republican-dominated Florida house on Wednesday.

It was immediately attacked by teachers unions, school districts and education advocates, who say the penalties will strip further resources from classrooms in a state already in the bottom four of per-student spending nationally.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this even really necessary? It's simply a retaliatory act. It's destructive, not helpful.

The plan, which some analysts believe is almost certainly unconstitutional, was part of a budget bill that passed the Republican-dominated Florida house on Wednesday.

It was immediately attacked by teachers unions, school districts and education advocates, who say the penalties will strip further resources from classrooms in a state already in the bottom four of per-student spending nationally.
I'm not a fan of the chicken-little mentality, but I would limit the penalties to $1000 or so. Perhaps $500 hundred a day going forward.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The pro-feotus party at it again.

I can't fathom the mental capacity of someone who thinks that making children's education worse will somehow help America, but there you go.
I agree what is wrong with that teachers union anyway, they just seem to out for themselves and care nothing about education.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a fan of the chicken-little mentality, but I would limit the penalties to $1000 or so. Perhaps $500 hundred a day going forward.

Who has a chicken little mentality? What do you mean and how did you come up with that dollar figure?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He punished many schools. According to one article Florida teacher pay is in the bottom 2 states of the nation. Might have to rely on parents to do more teaching. Teachers from good universities have the option to seek better paying positions elsewhere.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He punished many schools. According to one article Florida teacher pay is in the bottom 2 states of the nation. Might have to rely on parents to do more teaching. Teachers from good universities have the option to seek better paying positions elsewhere.

I wouldn't blame teacher for leaving Florida to a state with a less punishing governor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟814,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the article the people who will be "punished" are the school administrators as the money to pay the fines will come from their salary and not “reduce funding for any direct educational service or resource that impacts the education of kindergarten through grade 12 students”.

The administrators and counties knew about the law and associated fines when it was passed, they made the choice at that time to violate the law. While it seems punitive, the administrators in the county and schools are as beholden to the law as we all are, they are not above it.

Upvote 0