✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61996Good morning my dear friends in Christ! 190803

I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.” - Psalm 77:3

Complaining can consume you if you’re not careful. All you see are the things you think are wrong; and seldom, if ever, do you see anything good. In Psalm 77 the psalmist, because of his complaining spirit, lists for us all the things he saw as a “problem” and complained about them...

#D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christianity #ChurchFIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Complaining

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The verse, as well as the other verses surrounding it brings Job to mind.

There is a distinct difference between crying out to God (as He IS the only One we can go to and He admonishes us to bring ALL things to Him) and grumbling, as the Israelites did, and were ready to stone Moses. Grumbling is an "un-thankfulness" and "demands" and a complete "lack of regard" to the one they are grumbling about/to. Those who "grumble" are usually spoiled rotten, and are likened to a two tear old, wanting not only all of THEIR many many toys, but those other toys over there too.

I suspect the word "complaint" here in this verse is a "crying out" to God.

I don't BLAME him. I would too, if i was in that circumstance, wouldn't you?

In this case, this "crying out" is akin to "prayers.

And whoever this WAS crying out, my response is, "i HEAR ya', bro' " and then i'm praying for this brother.

Thank you for this thought-provoking study and meditation on this sunny, and cool and breezy Saturday morning in August.

God bless you, brother.

Keep me posted about the rain. (((hug)))

Let it rain.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Complaining can consume you if you’re not careful.
The Bible is filled with examples of what happens when people grumble and complain. I esp remember when the earth split open and swallowed them alive. We see this on TV and people will be clawing at the earth trying to dig out their loved ones.

We all need to be careful. We may think we are praying and asking God for help when we are doing little more then grumbling and complaining.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Bible is filled with examples of what happens when people grumble and complain. I esp remember when the earth split open and swallowed them alive. We see this on TV and people will be clawing at the earth trying to dig out their loved ones.

We all need to be careful. We may think we are praying and asking God for help when we are doing little more then grumbling and complaining.

Those who were "swallowed up" were sinning and denigrating God and Moses, and even threatened to stone Moses at least twice. They were demanding, and threatening.

David in the Psalms, and Job, crying out in all of his beyond-belief agonies, including worms in ALL of his sores from head to toe, did NOT sin.

Neither is this song below, and the lyrics, taken from the Psalms, a "sin".

In addition, those martyred saints' blood crying out to the living God "How long?" is not a "sin" either.

On another note, neither was Jacob's "wrestling" with God a "sin".

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The verse, as well as the other verses surrounding it brings Job to mind.

There is a distinct difference between crying out to God (as He IS the only One we can go to and He admonishes us to bring ALL things to Him) and grumbling, as the Israelites did, and were ready to stone Moses. Grumbling is an "un-thankfulness" and "demands" and a complete "lack of regard" to the one they are grumbling about/to. Those who "grumble" are usually spoiled rotten, and are likened to a two tear old, wanting not only all of THEIR many many toys, but those other toys over there too.

I suspect the word "complaint" here in this verse is a "crying out" to God.

I don't BLAME him. I would too, if i was in that circumstance, wouldn't you?

In this case, this "crying out" is akin to "prayers.

And whoever this WAS crying out, my response is, "i HEAR ya', bro' " and then i'm praying for this brother.

Thank you for this thought-provoking study and meditation on this sunny, and cool and breezy Saturday morning in August.

God bless you, brother.

Keep me posted about the rain. (((hug)))

Let it rain.
Amen Brinny and a good morning to you. To me complaining carries with it the idea you are being treated wrong or unfairly. God never does either.

Got another quick shower yesterday. Just enough to wet the ground. The Lord knows the right timing and will provide then.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

A good morning to you Joshua. Hope you have a blessed day!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen Brinny and a good morning to you. To me complaining carries with it the idea you are being treated wrong or unfairly. God never does either.

Got another quick shower yesterday. Just enough to wet the ground. The Lord knows the right timing and will provide then.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Amen! Praise God for the rain!!

Praying!!!

Let it rain.

Upvote 0