Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Perseverance of the Persecuted! Psalm 69:13-14

Text:
“But as for me, my prayer is unto Thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of Thy mercy hear me, in the truth of Thy Salvation. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.”
Psalm 69:13-14.
Good morning, persevering Christian! Under general persecutions of the world, the flesh, and the Devil – you are found persevering in prayer to our ever-listening Lord God.
Under group persecutions, as a regenerate member of Christ’s genuine Bible-believing Church – you are found still persevering in prayer and worship to and of our wonderful Living Lord God.
Under very personal, individual persecutions - persecutions aimed solely at you – you are found persevering in prayer and praise to the Living Lord God, Jehovah, from Whom you know, by God-given faith, you shall receive help, answers, and personal victories.
Praise God for truly persevering Christians! You are the salt of the earth! Glory thanksgiving and praise unto the Living Lord God! Worthy is the Lamb! Amen.
Verse 13. “…O God, in the multitude of Thy mercy hear me.
To misery, no attribute is more sweet than mercy, and when sorrows multiply, the multitude of mercy is much prized.” (C.H. Spurgeon, The Treasury of David, page 301)
As we see here, the Psalmist is using his faith in God, and in knowing that the Lord God Jehovah is a God of multitudinous mercies, inspires him, assures him, that the Lord shall not only hear his prayers for help and strength, and victory, but will surely answer them by the manifestation of His Almighty power, wisdom, and strength. Hallelujah! The Christian cannot be brought down for too long, if that Christian is a persevering in prayer Christian!
“Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Militant Christians, Christians that are seriously seeking to serve the Christ of God daily, shall suffer much trouble and serious hindrance to their service to Christ Jesus and to the proclamation of the glorious Gospel of Christ and Him Crucified for sinners.
Such servants of the Most High God know the desperate need for persevering prayer to God for His necessary help and protection.
“For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore (a conclusion) will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord. Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.” (Psalm 27:5-6)
Verse 13. “In the truth of Thy Salvation. David, the Psalmist, again, uses his theology, his knowledge of God, to give power to his persevering prayers in times of trouble.
He KNOWS God’s Salvation is true, and has known that truth since a his youth as a boy shepherd. That same boy shepherd who was Divinely helped and used of God to slay Goliath of Gath, the giant Philistine who was blaspheming the Name of the God of Israel many years before!
He is, therefore, praying to God: ‘I know the truth of Thy Salvation, Lord God, and so in that reality of sheer truth, please hear my prayer for help.’
His past deep experience with God, and knowledge of God’s Almighty power in the past, encourages him to seek further help for the present, and continual help from God for all troubles encountered in future times. Praise God for the Word of His truth! Hallelujah!
Verse 14. “Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink. Note, it is not a cry to be delivered and stay in the mire! No! It is a prayer to be delivered from out of the mire, lest, if left in his present state, he might well sink down into it and be lost!
We only pray for deliverance from personal sin and the mire it creates in our lives, IF we are willing to be delivered out of it, not to return into it again once helped, like a dog returning to its vomit.
“For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.” (2 Peter 2:21-22)
Verse 14. “…Let me be delivered from them that hate me. This cry of the persevering Christian servant is no ‘pity-party pleading’! No! This person is being persecuted by reprobates that actually HATE him/her! This is not a cry against being disliked a little by detractors, this is a prayer for help against those that really HATE the believer deeply, and seek to seriously hurt him/her!
“And ye shall be hated of all men for My Name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you. Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.” (Matthew 10:22-23)
“At first, the Nazis boycotted Jewish businesses for one day in April 1933. Then legislation excluded Jews from certain professions. The Nuremberg Laws created very detailed Nazi definitions of who was Jewish. Many people who never considered themselves Jewish suddenly became targets of Nazi persecution.
“The world accessible to German Jews narrowed. Jews were no longer allowed to enter cinemas, theatres, swimming pools, and resorts. The publishing of Jewish newspapers was suspended. Jews were required to carry identification cards and to wear Star of David badges. On one night, Nazis burned synagogues and vandalized Jewish businesses. The arrests and murders that followed intensified the fear Jews felt. Next, Jewish children were barred from schools. Curfews restricted Jews' time of travel and Jews were banned from public places. Germany began to expel Jews from within its borders…Approximately 11 million people were killed because of Nazi genocidal policy.” ('A Teacher’s Guide to the Holocaust', online)
Today (written in 2021) Bible-believing Christian people who refuse the Covid 'vaccines' are being looked at in this same manner as the Jewish people were in 1933. It is time for serious and persevering prayer! (Exodus 12:13) Stand fast, persevering Christian!
Thought: Hatred brings persecution. Persecution pain. Pain creates serious prayer.
(c) Dr C.K. McClinton
Ulster Christians
www.ulsterchristians.org