Cuomo and Trump: Who Can Tell the Difference?

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Problem with trump and his supporter is that they live in “alternative reality” .
Boy Howdy! Hahaha. It's a vicious cycle of deception over on the right. The elite politicians have trained voters to vote for the ( R ) and the gullibles have trained the politicians to lie to them and tell them what they want to hear or else!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps when he receives his "slightly better than Trump" award, the ceremony can be held at a now-vacant nursing home...

Slightly better than Trump? You're comparing a highly dangerous, malignant narcissist who launched a seditious insurrection against an entire country, with a man that was a little too grabby for the tastes of the WASP power elites of this country?

Cuomo was popular during the pandemic, but his popularity bred jealousy in his enemies in New York and like Joseph's brothers, they conspired against him, trolling for any disgruntled voice they could find to #MeToo him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Slightly better than Trump? You're comparing a highly dangerous, malignant narcissist who launched a seditious insurrection against an entire country, with a man that was a little too grabby for the tastes of the WASP power elites of this country?

Cuomo was popular during the pandemic, but his popularity bred jealousy in his enemies in New York and like Joseph's brothers, they conspired against him, trolling for any disgruntled voice they could find to #MeToo him.

Eh... I'll stick with my assessment of slightly better.
Cuomo Aides Rewrote Nursing Home Report to Hide Higher Death Toll

TIMELINE: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Resigns After Investigation Into Sexual Harassment Allegations, Nursing Home Deaths

Cuomo being too "grabby" wasn't the worst of his infractions.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A fact check of Michael Caputo's statement (in August 2020) shouldn't be conflated for as an assessment of the situation overall.

I'll paste it here again since I edited my previous post to add this link before you quoted it

TIMELINE: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Resigns After Investigation Into Sexual Harassment Allegations, Nursing Home Deaths

One has to make sure they don't fall into the trap of thinking "because someone wasn't as bad as Trump, they shouldn't be accountable or removed from office"

We'll probably go a long time before we see someone as deluded and egotistical as Trump...that doesn't mean we should give everyone who isn't as bad as him a pass.

Cuomo messed up (in multiple areas) big time, it's good that he's resigning.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Or not...

I wonder if he'll try to pull a (Anthony) Weiner and lay low for a couple years and try to resurrect himself after 2024. Maybe he'll pick up an analysis gig on a news channel. Maybe he'll team up with his brother and make CNN even more insufferable than anybody imagined it could be.

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This was a pretty ill-advised policy decision that resulted in countless nursing home deaths in New York;

NYDoHNursingHomeLetter.jpg

Even at the beginning of the pandemic, we knew that COVID was far more deadly to the elderly than anyone else. So decreeing that nursing homes had to accept patients that were symptomatic and preventing them from allowing nursing homes to test those patients upon admission was an incredibly foolish policy decision that absolutely resulted in needless deaths.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
This was a pretty ill-advised policy decision that resulted in countless nursing home deaths in New York;

View attachment 304148

Even at the beginning of the pandemic, we knew that COVID was far more deadly to the elderly than anyone else. So decreeing that nursing homes had to accept patients that were symptomatic and preventing them from allowing nursing homes to test those patients upon admission was an incredibly foolish policy decision that absolutely resulted in needless deaths.

Tell me, since you are apparently a public health expert , what should he have done with overflowing hospitals? Send them out on the streets?

Hospitals, right now in some states, are routinely sending people home with COVID who are healthy enough to do so, as there's no excess capacity at the hospitals for them. What Cuomo ordered wasn't really any different.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me, since you are apparently a public health expert , what should he have done with overflowing hospitals? Send them out on the streets?

I'm old enough to remember when we sent a navy ship to New York that didn't get utilized at all;

The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients. (Published 2020)

"Overflowing hospitals" is a vast overstatement of what actually occurred. There were isolated incidences of hospital overflow, particularly at the beginning of the pandemic and during the winter surge, but nothing near like what was predicted.

Hospitals, right now in some states, are routinely sending people home with COVID who are healthy enough to do so, as there's no excess capacity at the hospitals for them.

Well, that's pretty normal. Once you're healthy enough, you leave the hospital from any disease. And you go to your own home, not an area concentrated with the most vulnerable of people.

What Cuomo ordered wasn't really any different.

Cuomo sent sick patients to intermingle with the most vulnerable to the disease. You can try to downplay that all you like, but it had deadly consequences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Cuomo sent sick patients to intermingle with the most vulnerable to the disease. You can try to downplay that all you like, but it had deadly consequences.

…and Trump didn’t. There’s the answer to the threat title. The OP tried to obscure that fact by focusing on trivialities…

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,459.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm old enough to remember when we sent a navy ship to New York that didn't get utilized at all;

The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients. (Published 2020)

"Overflowing hospitals" is a vast overstatement of what actually occurred. There were isolated incidences of hospital overflow, particularly at the beginning of the pandemic and during the winter surge, but nothing near like what was predicted.
The Comfort wasn't allowed to take on any patients with Covid-19, which were the vast majority of the patients. That wasn't Cuomo's fault, but rather the Navy.

Well, that's pretty normal. Once you're healthy enough, you leave the hospital from any disease. And you go to your own home, not an area concentrated with the most vulnerable of people.
Yes, and these people lived in these nursing homes. That's why they are called nursing homes. Where else were they supposed to go?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Comfort wasn't allowed to take on any patients with Covid-19, which were the vast majority of the patients. That wasn't Cuomo's fault, but rather the Navy.

The point is, the ship wasn't needed. There was an incredibly brief period of time where some hospitals were overloaded, but it didn't last long. Sending a Navy ship was a gross overreaction based on incredibly flawed models.

Yes, and these people lived in these nursing homes. That's why they are called nursing homes. Where else were they supposed to go?

Well if they were seriously ill, perhaps they should have stayed in the hospital to be treated. Seems kind of counter-productive to send an ill patient back to a the most vulnerable population in nursing homes only to have them infect dozens more that ALL then have to come back to the hospital anyway.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,459.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The point is, the ship wasn't needed. There was an incredibly brief period of time where some hospitals were overloaded, but it didn't last long. Sending a Navy ship was a gross overreaction based on incredibly flawed models.
No, the ship WAS needed, but due to Navy policies it couldn't be used for what it was needed for.

Well if they were seriously ill, perhaps they should have stayed in the hospital to be treated. Seems kind of counter-productive to send an ill patient back to a the most vulnerable population in nursing homes only to have them infect dozens more that ALL then have to come back to the hospital anyway.
Who said anything about them being seriously ill? They were treated for COVID-19, and when they no longer needed intensive treatment for it they were sent home. They just happened to live in nursing homes.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, the ship WAS needed, but due to Navy policies it couldn't be used for what it was needed for.

Obviously not. The ship returned and the world moved on. The media cycles turned away from "overrun" hospitals, because that was no longer true.

Who said anything about them being seriously ill?

The memo said that the nursing homes had to accept symptomatic patients, and they couldn't even test them, notably at a time when everyone was complaining about the insufficient testing the US was conducting. They sent visibly ill people back to mix with the most vulnerable population. Not the smartest policy decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One glaring difference between Cuomo and trump. Cuomo recognized he is detrimental to the party and country and had the humility to resign! Trump is still screaming somewhere about how life is so unfair to him.
No, Cuomo has no humility. He is a pragmatic politician and political fights cost money. He was born and raised in politics. I think he rose on his name and his connections. As far as I know, he was not particularly corrupt nor particularly clean - he had his scandals. I do not think he was well liked by the public or by his cronies which, I think, helped the Democratic politicians condemn him once he began to fail.

Trump was not a politician, he is a huckster showman with little knowledge and less care about actual governing. Far from pragmatic, he made several very ill-advised investments that were mostly vanity (eg. the Commodore Hotel, the football thing, his airline).

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A fact check of Michael Caputo's statement (in August 2020) shouldn't be conflated for as an assessment of the situation overall.

I'll paste it here again since I edited my previous post to add this link before you quoted it

One has to make sure they don't fall into the trap of thinking "because someone wasn't as bad as Trump, they shouldn't be accountable or removed from office"

We'll probably go a long time before we see someone as deluded and egotistical as Trump...that doesn't mean we should give everyone who isn't as bad as him a pass.

Cuomo messed up (in multiple areas) big time, it's good that he's resigning.
He did mess up and to his credit he did not double down on it and insist that it was the best thing to do. To his discredit, he tried to hide how badly he messed up. But at least he is aware; that is not much, admittedly, but better than Trump has ever managed.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if he'll try to pull a (Anthony) Weiner and lay low for a couple years and try to resurrect himself after 2024. Maybe he'll pick up an analysis gig on a news channel. Maybe he'll team up with his brother and make CNN even more insufferable than anybody imagined it could be.
I don't think even CNN will have him but maybe he could be NewMax's pet liberal?

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump was not a politician, he is a huckster showman with little knowledge and less care about actual governing. Far from pragmatic, he made several very ill-advised investments that were mostly vanity (eg. the Commodore Hotel, the football thing, his airline).

Don't forget Trump steaks!

• Haha
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

View attachment 304148

That's true, but it was a mistake, a miscalculation and not malice or politics.

Upvote 0