✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Creationist hot air - gotta love it.

Juvenissun, if you're so "in-touch" with the art of teaching, why not share some of it? Provide us with some sound claims backed with reasonable evidence and I assure you, your reputation will get much much better. No point in whining that "Boohoo, atheists are unwilling to learn, I tried my best", when it's quite clear that you haven't. Or can't - because your curriculum can't bear its own weight.

Here is one:

Some students are "not teachable". They rejected anything you said. Even it is something like 1+1=2. Of course, I admit that they could sometimes make very good arguments. Nevertheless, that is what "unteachable" means. We met, but we are still strangers.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's also the art of blather.

I wish that were true. Who really care about the long cut/paste CL was doing? One line of comment is usually enough to throw 99% of his cut/paste into the garbage can.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is one:

Some students are "not teachable". They rejected anything you said. Even it is something like 1+1=2. Of course, I admit that they could sometimes make very good arguments. Nevertheless, that is what "unteachable" means. We met, but we are still strangers.

You, sir, are not a teacher -- just because you are unwilling to learn doesn't mean anyone is unable.

Kindly refrain from disparaging my chosen profession by ever implying that you are a member of it.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I wish that were true. Who really care about the long cut/paste CL was doing? One line of comment is usually enough to throw 99% of his cut/paste into the garbage can.

You might as well throw all of it in the can -- it's clear you don't know what to do with it.

I would expect a monkey to try to eat diamonds, and then throw them aside because they taste bad. Are the diamonds worthless just because the monkey doesn't know what to do with them?

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
MOD HAT ON

Thread reopened; could all members who find this mod hat please read the following announcement. This discussion will be allowed to continue, however I strongly recommend that people start playing nice, given the circumstances.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
One line is all it takes for a reply to lower level gibberish. Sometimes, it only takes one word. Sometimes, it only takes one look at the face.
You mistake cogent remarks with empty rethoric. I have yet to see you provide the latter, you only provide the former.

That is the art of teaching.
No, what you do is not the art of teaching. It's not even close. It's just blather.

Upvote 0

RobertByers

Feb 26, 2008
✟15,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK you are not defending Tas Walker, that makes sense because his paper on the brown coals is un-defendable.

The basalts and coals are interleafed, i.e. coal-basalt-coal-basalt etc. The basalts are subaerial thus the sequence is subaerial; the basalts did NOT come later.

OK Rob, if the Miocene sand covered coals are a post flood event then the Australian Miocene brown coals are a post flood event, proving Tes Walker wrong.

All you have to do now is explain how the geological record of northern Germany can include all the evidence for a prolonged Ice Age (~2,000,000 years) as well as having the largest in-situ brown coal deposits in the world (~5,000,000 years) and not to mention all the other geological processes during this time.

We also know this area has not changes geologically speaking since Roman written history. So I reckon you have about 1000-2000 years to play with to explain the Tertiary of northern Europe.

Good luck with that.

The interlaced stuff is likely from a single event with sorting going on. It must be a single event and so this process just needs to be shown as possible.

if these "miocene" coals in australia are related by fossil life to the mammal ascendency then they are post flood and even great thinking creationists like Walker make the mistake of seeing all great accumulation from the flood year.

As for germany. Fine. just what this creationist expects and must be.
The coals etc are from some time after the flood when a warm world was suddenly, in that area, covered by the results of earth movements, elsewhere too, and within days or weeks was over. Then the ice age , from this events elsewhere, took over and ended a few hundred years later.
Everything done by say 1600 B.C.
The ice age there is not geology but rather geomorphology impacts.
This creationist sees timelines as fine and just sees instant large events from different causes coming/going within weeks/months. Just as previously in the whole world the flood year doing instant work.
All there is in the field is data. Then man interpretates the data.
Modern geology etc just keeps getting it wrong however minor improvments are made.

Upvote 0

NailsII

Life-long student of biological science
Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Everything done by say 1600 B.C.
The ice age there is not geology but rather geomorphology impacts.
This creationist sees timelines as fine and just sees instant large events from different causes coming/going within weeks/months.
If the ice age was post-flood as you claim, then why have you ignored my request for a biblical reference to it?
Surely such a dramatic effectm which must have been caused by the loving Christian God, would have been written down by some historian/prophet etc?

Answer - there was no global flood and so the last ice age was over 20,000 years ago.
That's why no-one wrote about it.

Upvote 0

RobertByers

Feb 26, 2008
✟15,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the ice age was post-flood as you claim, then why have you ignored my request for a biblical reference to it?
Surely such a dramatic effectm which must have been caused by the loving Christian God, would have been written down by some historian/prophet etc?

Answer - there was no global flood and so the last ice age was over 20,000 years ago.
That's why no-one wrote about it.

There is no biblical verse for the ice age . It is a conclusion from biblical timeframes and data from earth.
Creationism uses data from these studies and fits in biblical framworks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NailsII

Life-long student of biological science
Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is no biblical verse for the ice age .
There is no written record of an ice-age because it happened around 20,000 years ago. No-one was able to write anything that long ago, even if they had understood what had happened over many, many generations.

It is a conclusion from biblical timeframes and data from earth.
Your conclusion is muddled by your mythical timeframe limitation.

Creationism uses data from these studies and fits in biblical framworks.
Yet disregards any evidence that could possibly show a different time-frame.
When rational argument is limited by such unneccesary constraints, is it any wonder that creationism fails at the first hurdle to explain anything?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point is creationist state that the brown coals of Victoria formed during the magical mystical biblical flood; this is impossible. Why I here you ask. Well the Miocene geology of Victoria contains many basaltic flows, all of which are subaerial, thus DRY GROUND. Not to mention all other evidences.

DRY GROUND = No Magical Mystical Flood

Thus the brown coals of Victoria are not the result of magical mysticism.

Agreed Juv’y
Not all creationists. There was a pre flood time when there was time to form coal as well.

I see that this post would need to be responded to by someone else.

The point being, that creationists of the flood geology persuasion are not the only ones around.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not all creationists. There was a pre flood time when there was time to form coal as well.

I see that this post would need to be responded to by someone else.

The point being, that creationists of the flood geology persuasion are not the only ones around.

It still amazed me that I talked to him one day and he was gone the next day. If this happened in my living environment, I won't be so surprised. But it happened across the cyberspace. Amazing. The world is really becoming smaller.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It still amazed me that I talked to him one day and he was gone the next day. If this happened in my living environment, I won't be so surprised. But it happened across the cyberspace. Amazing. The world is really becoming smaller.
Yes, it is amazing when we get a reminder that we are but dust, and will return to dust, as far as our bodies go.

Some ideas live on. Some won't.

Upvote 0