InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had this thread posted in another forum awhile back and thought I would post it here as well. Enjoy!

In Revelation 13:18 we read; “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” Many theories have been written concerning the number of the man/beast, but I believe many fall short in their understanding of just what the mark of the beast truly is. Because understanding the nature of the beast is to also understand the fallen nature in our firstborn man of sin.

It is written in Ecclesiastes 3:18; “I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.” This fallen nature was shown in the first man Adam after he had sinned, and was then cast out of the garden of God. And this sin nature passed along to all men who are firstborn of the flesh, and are also carnally minded and who also worship their ways, and their own image.

We are told in 1 Corinthians 15:47 “The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.” As we are also told in 1 Corinthians 15:46 “Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.” So understanding the firstborn nature of man as natural and carnally minded is to also understand this verse here in Jude 1:10 “But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.”

I gave you this brief overview of the sin nature of the firstborn man being like a natural brute beast in order that you might better understand the spiritual inward mark of the man/beast which pertains to the heart and mind of man. Because understanding the language and signs used to describe the spiritual nature working in the firstborn man will also help you understand what I’m about to show you next concerning the counting, or calculating the number of the man/beast.

To me the mystery of this number had to also reflect the same image and sin nature (or inward mark) as it pertained to the man/beast according to scripture. And so both the name and the number would speak the same message, concerning the man/beast and also calculating his number by certain key words found in scripture. Just as I believe the Lord has given me insight into the meaning of those key words in order to confirm this message by also calculating their numbers using the Hebrew numerical value of each word to describe this image and mark within the firstborn man of sin.

Man and beast in the beginning were first formed from the ground (earth). Adam in Hebrew also means man, as the number is the number of a man, which also speaks of mankind. The name Adam also means (red, earthly) as the scriptures also say the first man is of the earth. It is also important to note that Edom means (red, earthly, of blood) as well, as also Edom is another name for Esau, in which we also have the sign of the firstborn coming out red.

Who also sold out his birthright over some red pottage. Genesis 25:30 “And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.” Also the Lord said of Esau Romans 9:13 “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Again keep in mind Esau was the firstborn, just as Cain was also the firstborn of Adam, who was also cast out and received a “mark

Also the Dragon (Serpent) which empowers the beast in Revelation is shown as red, and the beast is also shown as red (or scarlet) in the book of Revelation. Just as it was the serpent (Devil) in the garden that deceived the first man, or Adam.

So with what I’ve given you thus far we have the key words to count the number of the man/ beast.

These words in the first example are as follows, #1 Adam, #2 red 119 #3 beast #4 ground (earth) #5 Red 132 #6 Edom #7 Serpent. (*Note there are 2 separate Hebrew words used here to describe red)

When you calculate all these names used to describe this spirit nature working in the firstborn earthly man using the Hebrew spelling and numerical value of the names, the total adds up to 666.

Here are the words also in Hebrew, and there number values based on Hebrew gematria

אָדָם= Adam = Man = 45 (Adam means red, earthy)
אָדַם= red ( a sin sin like scarlet ) = 45 * red 119
חַי = beast = 18 (men are beasts, scarlet beast)
אֲדָמָה = ground (earth) = 50 (Man and beast formed out of ground/earthy)
אַדְמֹנִי = Red = 105 (Esau the firstborn came out red) * red 132
אֱדֹם = Edom = 45 (Esau called Edom, which means red, earthly, of blood)
נָחָשׁ = Serpent = 358 ( Red Dragon)

The total being 666

Or, the same message can be shown like this….

דָּם Blood = 44 (Edom means red, earthly, of blood)
חַי= beast= 18 (scarlet colored beast)
בְּכוֹר =firstborn = 228 (firstborn sin nature)
עֵשָׂו = Esau = 376 (firstborn Esau, God hated)

Total 666

Revelation 15:2 “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Notice where the Lord comes from after treading the wine press of Gods wrath.

Isaiah 63:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

63 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.
2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come."

There is a reason the Lord shows us this sign concerning the land of Edom (spiritually speaking) concerning the treading the winepress of Gods wrath.

It is the same message as I posted in my OP above. It is the firstborn son who is going into destruction. (son of destruction)

Revelation 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

The firstborn man is flesh.

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The land of Edom is the land of the firstborn man,(spiritually speaking) who came out red like Esau.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

You must be born again!

John 3:6-7

King James Version (KJV)

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God never makes it that difficult! The passage itself militates against such calculation.

It is a calculation that is THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST, who was an individual. The personal pronoun "he", used throughout the passage, tells us it was an individual.

God is not requiring us to use some sophisticated numerology to figure this out. John said "Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man;

This was an individual.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The land of Edom is Idumea. (spiritually speaking)

Isaiah 34:1-6

King James Version (KJV)

34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

The Lord is not talking about slaughtering farm animals here, but rather men who are like beasts.

Those who have been given ears to hear, let them hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying!

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The land of Edom is Idumea. (spiritually speaking)

Isaiah 34:1-6

King James Version (KJV)

34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

The Lord is not talking about slaughtering farm animals here, but rather men who are like beasts.

Those who have been given ears to hear, let them hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying!

He is saying this is the last day judgement. Isaiah 34:16, 17 makes that clear:
16 Seek from the book of the Lord, and read: Not one of these will be missing;
None will lack its mate.
For His mouth has commanded, And His Spirit has gathered them.
17 He has cast the lot for them, And His hand has divided it to them by line.
They shall possess it forever; From generation to generation they will dwell in it.

Just as our Lord said...John 6:36. 37:
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those who do not have the mark of God written in their foreheads, and have been made white by the blood of Lamb, shall also go into destruction like the firstborn of man and beast in Egypt. (which is also given to us for a sign)

Exodus 11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

Exodus 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Those who do not have the mark of God written in their foreheads, and have been made white by the blood of Lamb, shall also go into destruction like the firstborn of man and beast in Egypt. (which is also given to us for a sign)

Exodus 11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.
Which is the symbolism of Exodus 13:9:
9 And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the Lord may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the Lord brought you out of Egypt.
The Lord is telling us how we think (forehead), and what we do (hand), identifies us as the people of God. If we are faithful to the Lord, it cannot be hidden from the world.
Exodus 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.
Typical of those who come to Christ! It was the blood of the Passover Lamb that saved them then...and it the NT...it is said this way...1 Corinthians 5:7:
7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We must become a new creation in Christ. (born again)

The first born man (Adam) corrupted the image God had made in him, when iniquity entered into man. (man of sin)

Man was then cut off, and cast out of the garden of God. Same thing with Cain (firstborn of Adam) who slew his righteous brother. The Lord told Cain, if you do good, you shall be accepted, but if not, then sin lies at the door. (wage of sin is death)

Because of Cains sin he was also cursed, cut off, and cast out from the face (image) of the Lord.

Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Same sign with Satan, cut off, and cast out of heaven. The sign of this is shown over and over again. Look at Nebuchadnezzar, who when his heart became lifted up in his own image, he also received the head wound of the serpent. (heart and mind of the beast)

Daniel 4:16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.

Same thing with the firstborn son Nation (Israel) when they refused that Prophet in Christ. They also were cut off from the congregation of the Lord, received the head wound (blindness) and was also cast out of the holy land to wander the nations of the world like a vagabond.

Jesus came to take away that sin nature working in the firstborn man, by giving us the power to put to death in us that firstborn sin nature. Jesus came to bring us back into the express image of God, by way of His own image and Spirit dwelling in us.

But mankind has rejected the image of God in Christ by refusing to put to death that firstborn fleshy minded sin nature working in him (which is really of the Devil).

And so, what God came to destroy by way of Christ's death and resurrection from the dead, man has decided to embrace once again, and revive by worshiping his own image.

All those who refuse to conform to the image of Gods Son, shall go into destruction. (son of perdition)

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
God never makes it that difficult! The passage itself militates against such calculation.

It is a calculation that is THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST, who was an individual. The personal pronoun "he", used throughout the passage, tells us it was an individual.

God is not requiring us to use some sophisticated numerology to figure this out. John said "Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man;

This was an individual.

Rev.13:18: metron anthrwpou, "a human number," (A.V. inferior "the number of a man," ie, unintentionally fallaciously thinking of some individual man, of some one human being). The genitive is adjectival; 666 is "a human number" my friend.

Someone previously nailed it (invisible), ie, thoughts of their minds, and what their hands do kind of thing, ie, a mark as opposed to a seal by God.

You got it!

Jack

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I covered that translation already in post#17 but here's a refresher....

Many claim that verse is talking about a single man because the scripture say it is a number of "a man". But if you do some research you will also find out the greek word anthropos used there can, and is used to mean "mankind". (many)

anthrópos: a man, human, mankind
Original Word: ἄνθρωπος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: anthrópos
Phonetic Spelling: (anth'-ro-pos)
Short Definition: a man, one of the human race
Definition: a man, one of the human race.
HELPS Word-studies
444 ánthrōpos – man, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).
444 (anthrōpos) relates to both genders (male and female) as both are created in the image of God – each equally vested with individual personhood and destiny (cf. Gal 3:28). Accordingly, the Bible uses 444 (ánthrōpos) of a specific man, woman, or class (type, group) of people – i.e. mankind in general (inclusive of every man, woman and child; see also 1 Cor 11:7). (435 /anḗr specifically refers to a male and 1135 /gynḗ to a female.)
[444 /ánthrōpos ("man") answers to the Hebrew term, ̓adam – and 435 (anḗr) answers to the Hebrew term ̓ish.
K. Wuest, "There are two words in Greek which mean 'man,' anēr, which refers to a male individual of the human reace, and anthrōpos, which is the racial, generic term, and which has the general idea of 'mankind'

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is also scriptural proof that the word "man" (Adam) means more than one, because the Lord called both male and female Adam (man).

Gen 5:2 Male H2145 and female H5347 created H1254 he them; and blessed H1288 them, and called H7121 their name H8034 Adam, H120 in the day H3117 when they were created. H1254

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rev.13:18: metron anthrwpou, "a human number," (A.V. inferior "the number of a man," ie, unintentionally fallaciously thinking of some individual man, of some one human being). The genitive is adjectival; 666 is "a human number" my friend.

Someone previously nailed it (invisible), ie, thoughts of their minds, and what their hands do kind of thing, ie, a mark as opposed to a seal by God.

You got it!

Jack
I don't think so Jack. I been there with that one. People more adept than you or I in translating say otherwise:

NASB
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

KJV
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Complete Jewish Bible
18 This is where wisdom is needed; those who understand should count the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person, and its number is 666.

Young's Literal
18 Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.

ESV
18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

I'm certainly aware of the variation you hold to as well as the 616 number.

Rev 13:18, 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10, as well as the context of Revelation 13 convinces me, it was/is an individual. I certainly hold that it was Nero.

The most important thing is how John tells us to identify antichrist in 1 John 4, as well as 2 John.

You're entitled...but I'll be holding that it was an individual named Nero.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Adam is "man" in Hebrew aka "mankind"

Adam is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew אדם ('adam) meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Akkadian adamu meaning "to make". Adam was created from the earth by God (there is a word play on Hebrew אֲדָמָה ('adamah) "earth").

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't think so Jack. I been there with that one. People more adept than you or I in translating say otherwise:

NASB
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

KJV
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Complete Jewish Bible
18 This is where wisdom is needed; those who understand should count the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person, and its number is 666.

Young's Literal
18 Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.

ESV
18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

I'm certainly aware of the variation you hold to as well as the 616 number.

Rev 13:18, 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10, as well as the context of Revelation 13 convinces me, it was/is an individual. I certainly hold that it was Nero.

The most important thing is how John tells us to identify antichrist in 1 John 4, as well as 2 John.

You're entitled...but I'll be holding that it was an individual named Nero.

However: My position as the Church's latrine cleaner, ie, someone has to do it, as follows: Rev.13:18, Here is the wisdom! The one having a mind, let him count the number of the beast, for it is a human number. And his number 666.

It is a part of the vision when John records: "Here is the wisdom!" Here is the place to apply Christian wisdom that I have been seeing the big boys after 1930 kind of missing the mark to say the least, and us small potatoes need to pick up the ball. This is also the force and the intention of the command plus the explanation: "The one having a mind, let him count the number of the beast!", ie, let him use his mind - the little child that wades across a steam where elephants drown kind of thing. You got it!

In the seven letters to the churches the one having ears is told to use them, ie, now I know you got it. The matter in regard to this number is not even difficult providing one is of the lower paygrade as myself: "for it is a human number,' contextually and grammatically my friend. arithmos anthrwpou 1st Semester Koine, ie, a walk in the park for "Greek for dummies" where giants today cannot even find the park (post 1930), ie, sorry Lord.

Again, only for lucidity, our versions and almost all Commentators even before 1930 translate: "for it is the number of a man," ie, of some individual man as I stated before.Just from an IQ below ambient, ie, me, This cannot be valid, for John has just said that it is 'the number of the beast."

It is improbable that here at the very end of the chapter John should inform us that the monster beast that is like a leopard with bear's feet and a lion's mouth, with seven heads and ten horns and diadems, is "a man," some man" (indefinite, no article - 1st week Greek); yes, to inform us in regard to so vital a fact by use of nothing more than a genitive, anthrwpou, and not by a nominative predicate (2nd Semester basics still).

We had this in Seminary decades ago, ie, was was alos a latrine cleaner plus my G.I. Bill and wait till I bring forth the notes from an a Lutheran professor that has longed since passed on, ie, will spare you.

Looking for my cleaner bruth now, back to cleaning after Church.

Appreciate you and your words,

Jack

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
However: My position as the Church's latrine cleaner, ie, someone has to do it, as follows: Rev.13:18, Here is the wisdom! The one having a mind, let him count the number of the beast, for it is a human number. And his number 666.

It is a part of the vision when John records: "Here is the wisdom!" Here is the place to apply Christian wisdom that I have been seeing the big boys after 1930 kind of missing the mark to say the least, and us small potatoes need to pick up the ball. This is also the force and the intention of the command plus the explanation: "The one having a mind, let him count the number of the beast!", ie, let him use his mind - the little child that wades across a steam where elephants drown kind of thing. You got it!

In the seven letters to the churches the one having ears is told to use them, ie, now I know you got it. The matter in regard to this number is not even difficult providing one is of the lower paygrade as myself: "for it is a human number,' contextually and grammatically my friend. arithmos anthrwpou 1st Semester Koine, ie, a walk in the park for "Greek for dummies" where giants today cannot even find the park (post 1930), ie, sorry Lord.

Again, only for lucidity, our versions and almost all Commentators even before 1930 translate: "for it is the number of a man," ie, of some individual man as I stated before.Just from an IQ below ambient, ie, me, This cannot be valid, for John has just said that it is 'the number of the beast."

It is improbable that here at the very end of the chapter John should inform us that the monster beast that is like a leopard with bear's feet and a lion's mouth, with seven heads and ten horns and diadems, is "a man," some man" (indefinite, no article - 1st week Greek); yes, to inform us in regard to so vital a fact by use of nothing more than a genitive, anthrwpou, and not by a nominative predicate (2nd Semester basics still).

We had this in Seminary decades ago, ie, was was alos a latrine cleaner plus my G.I. Bill and wait till I bring forth the notes from an a Lutheran professor that has longed since passed on, ie, will spare you.

Looking for my cleaner bruth now, back to cleaning after Church.

Appreciate you and your words,

Jack
No. The context overall makes it a person...personal pronouns "him" and "he" make it so.

A beast we know from Daniel, is an empire, the heads of the beast are the person over the empire. we're later told in Rev 17 the 7 heads are 7 kings.

This isn't hard to figure out...the preponderance of the evidence makes it a person.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
No. The context overall makes it a person...personal pronouns "him" and "he" make it so.

Rev.13:18, "And his number 666." his, pronoun is contextually here is used in the masculine.

A beast we know from Daniel, is an empire, the heads of the beast are the person over the empire. we're later told in Rev 17 the 7 heads are 7 kings.

This isn't hard to figure out...the preponderance of the evidence makes it a person.

Rest agree to disagree of course,

Jack :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dear friend, EB, I can agree. IMO, the character of the AC is an anti-trait or attribute; The parallel to the 7 heads are as Christ is the 7 Sons in One Image, and the 7th Son. The anti will use this same imagery, and each represent a King as Christ is a King.

One example of a parallel in imagery is such as Satan walking about like a roaring Lion seeking those who he might devour. The anti of this anti is to save people while Satan is masquerading as King David and Jesus Christ, King, King David and King Jesus are both the Lion of Judah in the same Image.

The Seven heads, as in 7 sons also parallel with the first 7 commandments in an Image of Christ and His atonement, Authority and Power, and saving Grace, etc; the AC will duplicate all of these same attributes and details in other and similar ways.

7 heads = 7 sons = 7 kings = 7 seals, and perhaps, more?

the imagery can have many parallel's and can mean the same identity's in other prophecies, while it can switch identity between the two of them depending on the prophecy.

The "mind" of one "man" is the image of the "whole" of the 7 as in Christ's "7-fold" Love. Thanks :)

BTW, I see ways in scripture that can identify the AC without even using the 666 image of numbers. It's essential but not absolutely needed at this point in our history. The closer that we get to the end the more obvious the AC will become, it takes time to show enough traits for positive ID. IMO, I have more than enough for my own satisfaction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Rev.17 regading the kings of the earth are not individual kings, ie, the various parts of the antichritian empire. Not men nor a man for sure.

Agreeing to disagree for sure as you folks are stand up Christians,

Jack :thumbsup:

Don't pay that much attention as just an opinion, ie, from a church latrine cleaner at that.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

shturt678s said in post 133:

It is a part of the vision when John records: "Here is the wisdom!"

The "wisdom" given in Revelation 13:18 is that six hundred and sixty-six is the number of the Antichrist's name (Revelation 13:17c-18). And the "understanding" in Revelation 13:18 that is required to properly "count", to add up, the number of his name, is having an understanding of gematria, which scripture itself employs with the 3 Greek letters at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the original Greek Textus Receptus), and which scriptural gematria, sadly, many Christians today are either unaware of, or, even if they know about it, they refuse to employ it, mistakenly thinking that it is occult numerology/divination.

There are some verses in the Bible which in order to for us to understand them properly today, we need to recover the common, extra-Biblical knowledge that people back in Bible times already had without the Bible having to give it to them.

For example, when Revelation 6:6 says "A measure of wheat for a penny", the original Greek says a "choinix" of wheat for a "denarion". But the Bible doesn't explain how big a measure a choinix is or how much money a denarion is. For back when Revelation 6:6 was written, those who knew Greek already knew how big a measure a choinix is and how much money a denarion is. But today we need to go to extra-Biblical sources to recover the knowledge that a denarion is a full day's wages, and a choinix is probably about a quart. So Revelation 6:6 is saying that food will be so expensive that people will have to work an entire day just to be able to buy a quart of wheat. But without going to extra-Biblical sources to properly understand Revelation 6:6, believers today could read the KJV of that verse and go away with completely the wrong idea: that food will be so cheap that people will be able buy a measure of wheat for just a penny.

Just as the translators of the words of the Greek scriptures into English had to learn from extra-Biblical sources what those Greek words meant before they could translate them into English, so translators of Revelation 13:18 in the original Greek Textus Receptus had to learn from extra-Biblical sources that the last 3 Greek letters in that verse stand for 3 different numbers, according to the rules of gematria, and that those numbers have to be added together, again according to the rules of gematria, before the translators could properly translate those 3 different Greek letters into the number six hundred and sixty-six.

shturt678s said in post 133:

"Beasts" can refer figuratively to men (Titus 1:12). Revelation uses a Greek masculine-pronoun "him" to refer to its beast (Revelation 13:8) when it is referring to the individual "man" (Revelation 13:18) aspect of its beast, commonly called the Antichrist, the individual "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) who will sit in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). He will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and himself (Revelation 13:4,8, Revelation 12:9).

He will rule the earth for 3.5 literal years (Revelation 13:5-10, Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7), and will have a miracle-working False Prophet (Revelation 19:20, Revelation 16:13), who by amazing, Satanic miracles (cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:9), such as calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13), will deceive the people of the world into worshipping a speaking (possibly an android) image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15), and receiving a mark of the Antichrist's name or gematrial name-number (666) on their right hand or forehead (Revelation 13:16-18). The Antichrist and his False Prophet will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:20), whereas at that time Satan will be bound in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-3). None of these things has happened yet.

A 2nd aspect of Revelation's beast is that it is a powerful fallen angel (referred to with a Greek masculine-pronoun "he" in Revelation 17:11) who is now literally in the bottomless pit and will ascend from it during the future tribulation to spiritually empower the empire of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 17:8-11), empire being a 3rd aspect of the beast, represented by the animal symbols of Revelation 13:1-2. The fallen-angel aspect of the beast could be the angelic prince whom Satan had assigned to spiritually empower the ancient empire of Babylon, just as Satan had assigned other fallen angelic princes to spiritually empower the subsequent ancient empires of Persia and Greece (Daniel 10:13,20). When the ancient empire of Babylon was defeated, the fallen angelic prince empowering it could have been cast into the bottomless pit. This same fallen angel could be released to empower a revival of the empire of Babylon during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18).

The release of the powerful fallen angelic prince of Babylon from the bottomless pit could occur at the same time as the unbinding of 4 other powerful fallen angels now bound at the Euphrates (Revelation 9:14b), who could have been bound there at the fall of the ancient empire of Babylon. When these 4 fallen angels are released at one point during the future tribulation, they will cause an army of 200 million weird horse-like beings to kill 1/3 of mankind (Revelation 9:15-19). This could be done in order to make mankind completely desperate before its total takeover by Satan and the Antichrist mid-tribulation, when Satan and his fallen angels will be cast down from heaven to the earth permanently after losing a mid-tribulation war in heaven (Revelation 12:7 to 13:18).

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Here in Rev.13:18, as in 7:4-8, John writes the number not in words, but in Greek letters: xkss'; x' = 600, ks' = 60, s' = 6 thus obviously 666. Thsi is the number 6, plus its multiple by 10, namely 60, again plus its multiple by 10 X 10 (grammatical intensified completeness), namely 600 - thus 666, three times failing short of the divine 7.

iow, not 777, but competing with 777, seeking to obliterate 777, but doing so abortively, it's failure being as complete as was its expansion by puffing itself up from 6 to 666.

Jack, the antithesis of any erudite scholar

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear friend, EB, I can agree. IMO, the character of the AC is an anti-trait or attribute; The parallel to the 7 heads are as Christ is the 7 Sons in One Image, and the 7th Son. The anti will use this same imagery, and each represent a King as Christ is a King.

One example of a parallel in imagery is such as Satan walking about like a roaring Lion seeking those who he might devour. The anti of this anti is to save people while Satan is masquerading as King David and Jesus Christ, King, King David and King Jesus are both the Lion of Judah in the same Image.

The Seven heads, as in 7 sons also parallel with the first 7 commandments in an Image of Christ and His atonement, Authority and Power, and saving Grace, etc; the AC will duplicate all of these same attributes and details in other and similar ways.

7 heads = 7 sons = 7 kings = 7 seals, and perhaps, more?

the imagery can have many parallel's and can mean the same identity's in other prophecies, while it can switch identity between the two of them depending on the prophecy.

The "mind" of one "man" is the image of the "whole" of the 7 as in Christ's "7-fold" Love. Thanks :)

BTW, I see ways in scripture that can identify the AC without even using the 666 image of numbers. It's essential but not absolutely needed at this point in our history. The closer that we get to the end the more obvious the AC will become, it takes time to show enough traits for positive ID. IMO, I have more than enough for my own satisfaction.
I think we have divine judgment going on here. Seven indicating to us this is from God.

See Leviticus and search "seven". Particularly when God warned Israel of the consequence of disobedience to the covenant in Leviticus 26:14-46.

Upvote 0