InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had this thread posted in another forum awhile back and thought I would post it here as well. Enjoy!

In Revelation 13:18 we read; “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” Many theories have been written concerning the number of the man/beast, but I believe many fall short in their understanding of just what the mark of the beast truly is. Because understanding the nature of the beast is to also understand the fallen nature in our firstborn man of sin.

It is written in Ecclesiastes 3:18; “I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.” This fallen nature was shown in the first man Adam after he had sinned, and was then cast out of the garden of God. And this sin nature passed along to all men who are firstborn of the flesh, and are also carnally minded and who also worship their ways, and their own image.

We are told in 1 Corinthians 15:47 “The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.” As we are also told in 1 Corinthians 15:46 “Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.” So understanding the firstborn nature of man as natural and carnally minded is to also understand this verse here in Jude 1:10 “But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.”

I gave you this brief overview of the sin nature of the firstborn man being like a natural brute beast in order that you might better understand the spiritual inward mark of the man/beast which pertains to the heart and mind of man. Because understanding the language and signs used to describe the spiritual nature working in the firstborn man will also help you understand what I’m about to show you next concerning the counting, or calculating the number of the man/beast.

To me the mystery of this number had to also reflect the same image and sin nature (or inward mark) as it pertained to the man/beast according to scripture. And so both the name and the number would speak the same message, concerning the man/beast and also calculating his number by certain key words found in scripture. Just as I believe the Lord has given me insight into the meaning of those key words in order to confirm this message by also calculating their numbers using the Hebrew numerical value of each word to describe this image and mark within the firstborn man of sin.

Man and beast in the beginning were first formed from the ground (earth). Adam in Hebrew also means man, as the number is the number of a man, which also speaks of mankind. The name Adam also means (red, earthly) as the scriptures also say the first man is of the earth. It is also important to note that Edom means (red, earthly, of blood) as well, as also Edom is another name for Esau, in which we also have the sign of the firstborn coming out red.

Who also sold out his birthright over some red pottage. Genesis 25:30 “And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.” Also the Lord said of Esau Romans 9:13 “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Again keep in mind Esau was the firstborn, just as Cain was also the firstborn of Adam, who was also cast out and received a “mark

Also the Dragon (Serpent) which empowers the beast in Revelation is shown as red, and the beast is also shown as red (or scarlet) in the book of Revelation. Just as it was the serpent (Devil) in the garden that deceived the first man, or Adam.

So with what I’ve given you thus far we have the key words to count the number of the man/ beast.

These words in the first example are as follows, #1 Adam, #2 red 119 #3 beast #4 ground (earth) #5 Red 132 #6 Edom #7 Serpent. (*Note there are 2 separate Hebrew words used here to describe red)

When you calculate all these names used to describe this spirit nature working in the firstborn earthly man using the Hebrew spelling and numerical value of the names, the total adds up to 666.

Here are the words also in Hebrew, and there number values based on Hebrew gematria

אָדָם= Adam = Man = 45 (Adam means red, earthy)
אָדַם= red ( a sin sin like scarlet ) = 45 * red 119
חַי = beast = 18 (men are beasts, scarlet beast)
אֲדָמָה = ground (earth) = 50 (Man and beast formed out of ground/earthy)
אַדְמֹנִי = Red = 105 (Esau the firstborn came out red) * red 132
אֱדֹם = Edom = 45 (Esau called Edom, which means red, earthly, of blood)
נָחָשׁ = Serpent = 358 ( Red Dragon)

The total being 666

Or, the same message can be shown like this….

דָּם Blood = 44 (Edom means red, earthly, of blood)
חַי= beast= 18 (scarlet colored beast)
בְּכוֹר =firstborn = 228 (firstborn sin nature)
עֵשָׂו = Esau = 376 (firstborn Esau, God hated)

Total 666

Revelation 15:2 “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

1 Corinthians 15:47-48

King James Version (KJV)

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 3:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannotinherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Enmity between the 2 seeds...

Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you know why the tribe of Dan is not mentioned along with the other tribes of Israel that were sealed in Revelation chapter 7?

It has to do with the spiritual law as it pertains to a bastard son, which also confirms the message of the firstborn defiling the Fathers seed.

Deuteronomy 23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

This bastard son that is to be cast out is also symbolized in Dan. Notice in Revelation chapter 7 the tribe of Dan is not mentioned among the 12 tribes (sons) of Israel (Jacob) to be sealed. I believe the reason for this is shown here in 1 Chronicles 5:1; “Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the firstborn; but forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.”

Reuben is the sign of the firstborn son, who also would lose his birth right by reason of transgression. But you might be wondering what that has to do with Dan? Well Reuben defiled his fathers bed with Jacobs concubine Bilhah Genesis 35:22; “And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:”

And Bilhah gave birth to what I believe is the sign of the bastard son in Dan, whose father was really of the firstborn son Reuben. Genesis 35:25; “And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, …” But even these things were given to us as signs of just who this son of perdition would really be, just as we are also given this same sign of the serpents seed in Dan. Genesis 49:17; “Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.” This is also why both John the Baptist and Jesus called those carnally minded hypocrites of their day a generation of vipers (Matthew 3:7, 12:34, 23:33, and Luke 3:7)

All these things speak to the same message for those who can hear it.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

InSpiritInTruth said in post 1:

In Revelation 13:18 we read; “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.”

The "666" in Revelation 13:17c-18 indeed refers to the number six hundred and sixty-six. But it's the "number of the name" of the individual "man" who is the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast). The number of a name (Revelation 13:17c-18, Revelation 15:2) is determined by employing the ancient method of gematria, by which numerical values are assigned to the letters of any alphabet as follows: the first nine letters are 1 through 9, the next nine letters are 10 through 90 (counting by tens), and the rest of the letters are 100, 200, 300, etc., to the end of the alphabet. In Revelation 13:18, the "counting", the adding up, of the gematrial number of the Antichrist's name should be done in the same way that the gematrial numerical values of the 3 Greek letters (Chi, Xi, and Stigma) at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the original Greek Textus Receptus) are added up to arrive at the number six hundred and sixty-six.

The numerical values of the letters of the ancient Greek alphabet (including the 3 obsolete letters of Stigma, Qoppa, and Sampi) were as follows: Alpha = 1, Beta = 2, Gamma = 3, Delta = 4, Epsilon = 5, Stigma = 6, Zeta = 7, Eta = 8, Theta = 9, Iota = 10, Kappa = 20, Lambda = 30, Mu = 40, Nu = 50, Xi = 60, Omikron = 70, Pi = 80, Qoppa = 90, Rho = 100, Sigma = 200, Tau = 300, Upsilon = 400, Phi = 500, Chi = 600, Psi = 700, Omega = 800, Sampi = 900.

Just as the numerical values of Chi, Xi, and Stigma at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the Textus Receptus) add up to 666, so the numerical values of the letters in the Antichrist's name will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18). John used the Greek alphabet because it was the most common one used by believers when the book of Revelation was written. Today, the English alphabet is the most common one used by believers, insofar as English is the current lingua franca of the world. So the Antichrist's name will most likely add up to 666 in the English alphabet. The purpose of Revelation 13:17c-18 is to facilitate for believers, not to make difficult for them, the identification of a certain man as possibly being the Antichrist. If the letters in his name had to be transliterated into the Greek alphabet, this would vitiate this purpose, for almost all believers today wouldn't know how to properly perform this transliteration, and so different believers would come up with different transliterations, and so would come up with different gematrial numbers for the name of the man in question.

If believers think that someone is the Antichrist, they need to check and make sure that his name adds up to 666 in gematria (Revelation 13:17c-18). If it doesn't, then he isn't the Antichrist. If it does, then he could be, and they need to be especially wary of him and not be taken in by any deceptive charisma, intelligence, or amazing deeds that he might display. But even if someone's name adds up to 666, this doesn't mean that he's definitely the Antichrist. For just by chance there could be more than one person in the world whose name adds up to 666. The Antichrist also has to come from a country the territory of which used to be part of one of the 4 Diadochian Greek kingdoms which succeeded Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). These kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist could come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and have a name like (for example) "Nabil Abdullah Falakal al-Hakim", which adds up to 666.

But if a man from the Middle East has a name which adds up to 666, even this doesn't assure that he's the Antichrist. For he also has to sit (at least one time) in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 11:1-2). Once he does that, there won't be any room for doubt over whether or not he's the Antichrist; his identity will have been definitely revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3b-4).

The gematrial numerical values of the letters of the English alphabet are: A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4, E=5, F=6, G=7, H=8, I=9, J=10, K=20, L=30, M=40, N=50, O=60, P=70, Q=80, R=90, S=100, T=200, U=300, V=400, W=500, X=600, Y=700, Z=800. The way that the gematrial number of a name is "counted" (Revelation 13:17c-18), is added up, is simply by adding up the gematrial numerical values of all the letters in that name. So, for example, the number of the name "John Mark Smith" is 636, because: J=10, O=60, H=8, N=50, M=40, A=1, R=90, K=20, S=100, M=40, I=9, T=200, H=8. Total = 636. The Antichrist's name will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18).

InSpiritInTruth said in post 1:

Many theories have been written concerning the number of the man/beast, but I believe many fall short in their understanding of just what the mark of the beast truly is.

The "mark of the beast" (Revelation 13:16-17, Revelation 16:2) will be a literal, physical mark which will be visible to people, so they can easily tell in every situation, even one without electricity, whether or not someone should be permitted to buy or sell (Revelation 13:17). It will be visible also because the original Greek of Revelation 13:16 shows that the mark will be placed only "on" (epi), not inside, people's right hands or foreheads. Also, it will be placed on people probably by scarification. For in Revelation 13:16, one of the definitions of the original Greek word (charagma, G5480) translated as the "mark" is "a scratch or etching" (Strong's Greek Dictionary), and scarification is the scratching or etching (i.e. the cutting) of the skin to leave a permanent mark. The reason people will be given the mark in Revelation 13:16, in the context of what had just been shown previously in Revelation 13:4,8,15, will be to serve as a visible indicator to other people that they are loyal worshippers of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9) and of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) and his image (Revelation 13:4,8,15), just as some Luciferians today put a mark on themselves by scarification.

The mark will consist of only the Antichrist's name "or" some representation of the gematrial number of his name (666) (Revelation 13:17-18), meaning that the mark will be the Antichrist's name for some people and a representation of the gematrial number of his name for other people. And the mark will be placed only on the right hand (probably on the palm) "or" on the forehead (Revelation 13:16), meaning that it will be placed on the right hand of some people and on the forehead of other people.

Those who refuse to receive the Antichrist's mark won't be allowed to buy or sell anything (Revelation 13:17), and they will be executed by being beheaded if they refuse to worship the Antichrist and his image (Revelation 13:15, Revelation 20:4). Christians must be willing to suffer this fate rather than agree to receive the Antichrist's mark or worship him or his image, for those people who agree to do these things, even if they are Christians, will suffer God's wrath in fire and brimstone forever (Revelation 14:9-13), whereas those Christians who refuse to do these things, even though they will be beheaded, will subsequently be physically resurrected into immortality (along with the rest of the obedient church of all times) at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 20:4-6; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,52-58). And even before their resurrection, at the moment of their death, their still-conscious souls will be brought into the presence of Jesus in heaven (cf. 2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:21,23, Revelation 6:9-10, Luke 23:43,46).

In the future, when the world begins to worship the Antichrist as God (Revelation 13:8; 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36), some people could gladly be willing to have his name placed by scarification on their right palm, just as lovers in the past were sometimes known to have their loved ones' initials placed by scarification on their palm (cf. also Isaiah 49:16, Jeremiah 48:37, Leviticus 19:28, Leviticus 21:5). Other of the Antichrist's worshippers could gladly be willing to have his name placed by scarification on their forehead, thinking (mistakenly) that they are fulfilling the Christian idea of Revelation 22:4, which refers to the future point in time when Jesus will put God's name visibly on the forehead of obedient Christians (Revelation 3:12). The Antichrist's miracle-working False Prophet, who will be the one to cause everyone to be marked with the Antichrist's mark (Revelation 13:16-18), could even convince people that he (the False Prophet) is Jesus returned. (But he won't say that he's Christ, for he and the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ, and will deny that Christ is in the flesh: 1 John 2:22; 2 John 1:7.)

Instead of having the Antichrist's name engraved on their right hand or forehead, some of his worshippers will have the gematrial number of his name (666) (Revelation 13:17c-18) engraved on their right hand or forehead. But because some people could refuse to have "666" placed on their body, in order to make a mark of 666 acceptable to all people, it could be disguised to look like something else in those cases where people demand something other than "666". For example, it could be disguised in some cases to look like "777", or "111", or "WWW", or "VVV", or "|| || ||", or "FFF". For the 6th letter of the ancient Hebrew alphabet (Vav) represents the number 6, but it looks like a "7", or a "1", and it's transliterated into English as either a "W" or a "V". Also, two thin vertical lines "||" represent the number 6 on many UPC codes. And the letter "F" has a numerical value of 6 in English gematria.

In an awful coincidence (or maybe it's not just a coincidence), "FFF" also stands for an extremely powerful type of nuclear bomb: Fission-Fusion-Fission. Could this be the type of bomb which the 10 kings of the Antichrist's empire will employ to burn up the cities of the world at the end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Revelation 17:12,16,17a, Revelation 16:19, Revelation 19:2,11)?

The "WWW" which has been placed on many web addresses, and the "|| || ||" which has been placed across many UPC codes on products (i.e. they have a "||" at the beginning, middle, and end of their UPC codes), are harbingers of when Lucifer will give the Antichrist ownership of everything on the earth (Revelation 13:2b; cf. Luke 4:7), and of the Antichrist placing his "brand" on everything, like a rancher places his "brand" on all his cattle. For both "WWW" and "|| || ||" are disguised representations of the gematrial number of the Antichrist's name: 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18). But Revelation 13:16 isn't fulfilled by some web addresses having "WWW", nor by some products having "|| || ||" on their UPC codes, for Revelation 13:16 refers only to when people will be given the Antichrist's mark, on either their right hand or forehead.

Those assigned to have the mark placed on their forehead (instead of on their right hand) (Revelation 13:16) could be an elite, illumined, cognoscenti class of Gnostic Luciferians who alone will have been given knowledge of the ultimate secrets of the Antichrist's Gnostic Luciferianism. The Antichrist will be both a Luciferian, a worshipper of Lucifer/Satan the dragon (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9), and a Gnostic, someone who denies that Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3), and forbids marriage and the eating of meat (1 Timothy 4:1-3). The cream of his cognoscenti could be a faux 144,000, consisting of male virgins (as a counterfeit of Revelation 14:4) who have never eaten meat. If they receive on their forehead the mark of the Antichrist's name (instead of a representation of the number of his name) (Revelation 13:17), this will be as a counterfeit of YHWH's 144,000 in Revelation 14:1. But the Antichrist won't pretend that he's YHWH, just as he won't pretend that he's Christ. Instead, as a Gnostic, he will utterly revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). And his Gnostic denial that Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3) will disqualify him (under his mistaken Gnostic doctrine) from being the Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I had this thread posted in another forum awhile back and thought I would post it here as well. Enjoy!

In Revelation 13:18 we read; “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” Many theories have been written concerning the number of the man/beast, but I believe many fall short in their understanding of just what the mark of the beast truly is. Because understanding the nature of the beast is to also understand the fallen nature in our firstborn man of sin.

It is written in Ecclesiastes 3:18; “I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.” This fallen nature was shown in the first man Adam after he had sinned, and was then cast out of the garden of God. And this sin nature passed along to all men who are firstborn of the flesh, and are also carnally minded and who also worship their ways, and their own image.

We are told in 1 Corinthians 15:47 “The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.” As we are also told in 1 Corinthians 15:46 “Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.” So understanding the firstborn nature of man as natural and carnally minded is to also understand this verse here in Jude 1:10 “But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.”

I gave you this brief overview of the sin nature of the firstborn man being like a natural brute beast in order that you might better understand the spiritual inward mark of the man/beast which pertains to the heart and mind of man. Because understanding the language and signs used to describe the spiritual nature working in the firstborn man will also help you understand what I’m about to show you next concerning the counting, or calculating the number of the man/beast.

To me the mystery of this number had to also reflect the same image and sin nature (or inward mark) as it pertained to the man/beast according to scripture. And so both the name and the number would speak the same message, concerning the man/beast and also calculating his number by certain key words found in scripture. Just as I believe the Lord has given me insight into the meaning of those key words in order to confirm this message by also calculating their numbers using the Hebrew numerical value of each word to describe this image and mark within the firstborn man of sin.

Man and beast in the beginning were first formed from the ground (earth). Adam in Hebrew also means man, as the number is the number of a man, which also speaks of mankind. The name Adam also means (red, earthly) as the scriptures also say the first man is of the earth. It is also important to note that Edom means (red, earthly, of blood) as well, as also Edom is another name for Esau, in which we also have the sign of the firstborn coming out red.

Who also sold out his birthright over some red pottage. Genesis 25:30 “And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.” Also the Lord said of Esau Romans 9:13 “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Again keep in mind Esau was the firstborn, just as Cain was also the firstborn of Adam, who was also cast out and received a “mark

Also the Dragon (Serpent) which empowers the beast in Revelation is shown as red, and the beast is also shown as red (or scarlet) in the book of Revelation. Just as it was the serpent (Devil) in the garden that deceived the first man, or Adam.

So with what I’ve given you thus far we have the key words to count the number of the man/ beast.

These words in the first example are as follows, #1 Adam, #2 red 119 #3 beast #4 ground (earth) #5 Red 132 #6 Edom #7 Serpent. (*Note there are 2 separate Hebrew words used here to describe red)

When you calculate all these names used to describe this spirit nature working in the firstborn earthly man using the Hebrew spelling and numerical value of the names, the total adds up to 666.

Here are the words also in Hebrew, and there number values based on Hebrew gematria

אָדָם= Adam = Man = 45 (Adam means red, earthy)
אָדַם= red ( a sin sin like scarlet ) = 45 * red 119
חַי = beast = 18 (men are beasts, scarlet beast)
אֲדָמָה = ground (earth) = 50 (Man and beast formed out of ground/earthy)
אַדְמֹנִי = Red = 105 (Esau the firstborn came out red) * red 132
אֱדֹם = Edom = 45 (Esau called Edom, which means red, earthly, of blood)
נָחָשׁ = Serpent = 358 ( Red Dragon)

The total being 666

Or, the same message can be shown like this….

דָּם Blood = 44 (Edom means red, earthly, of blood)
חַי= beast= 18 (scarlet colored beast)
בְּכוֹר =firstborn = 228 (firstborn sin nature)
עֵשָׂו = Esau = 376 (firstborn Esau, God hated)

Total 666

Revelation 15:2 “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Too complex.

Doug

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible2 I have heard of the idea of an individual man being the Antichrist, and his name adding up to 666. But I also believe this to be a great deception, which is also contrary to scripture.

Many claim that verse is talking about a single man because the scripture say it is a number of "a man". But if you do some research you will also find out the greek word anthropos used there can, and is used to mean "mankind". (many)

anthrópos: a man, human, mankind
Original Word: ἄνθρωπος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: anthrópos
Phonetic Spelling: (anth'-ro-pos)
Short Definition: a man, one of the human race
Definition: a man, one of the human race.
HELPS Word-studies
444 ánthrōpos – man, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).
444 (anthrōpos) relates to both genders (male and female) as both are created in the image of God – each equally vested with individual personhood and destiny (cf. Gal 3:28). Accordingly, the Bible uses 444 (ánthrōpos) of a specific man, woman, or class (type, group) of people – i.e. mankind in general (inclusive of every man, woman and child; see also 1 Cor 11:7). (435 /anḗr specifically refers to a male and 1135 /gynḗ to a female.)
[444 /ánthrōpos ("man") answers to the Hebrew term, ̓adam – and 435 (anḗr) answers to the Hebrew term ̓ish.
K. Wuest, "There are two words in Greek which mean 'man,' anēr, which refers to a male individual of the human reace, and anthrōpos, which is the racial, generic term, and which has the general idea of 'mankind'

Also scripture confirms the spirit of antichrist had already come in the time of the apostles, and was also already working in many.

1. 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
  2. 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
  3. 1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
  4. 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Too complex.

Doug

Actually it is very simple when you understand the mark of the beast to be the very sin nature working in the firstborn man, which is of the earth, flesh, and is also carnally minded.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look at these 3 things that lead to death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

All of these pertain to that spiritual mark (heart and mind of beast) seen in the firstborn man. (earthy, flesh, sin nature, carnally minded)

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

InSpiritInTruth said in post 17:

Bible2 I have heard of the idea of an individual man being the Antichrist, and his name adding up to 666. But I also believe this to be a great deception, which is also contrary to scripture.

Any individual is an antichrist who denies that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ (1 John 2:22), or who denies that Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (1 John 2:22b), or who denies that Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7). The spirit of antichrist which will animate the future Antichrist has been working since the first century AD (1 John 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7a), animating many antichrists since that time (2 John 1:7).

The man commonly called the Antichrist is the individual "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) who will sit in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). He's the individual "man" aspect of the "beast" who will come (Revelation 13:18) and bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and himself (Revelation 13:4,8, Revelation 12:9). He will rule the earth for 3.5 literal years (Revelation 13:5-10, Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7), and will have a miracle-working False Prophet (Revelation 19:20, Revelation 16:13), who by amazing, Satanic miracles (cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:9), such as calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13), will deceive the people of the world into worshipping a speaking (possibly an android) image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15), and receiving a mark of the Antichrist's name or gematrial name-number (666) on their right hand or forehead (Revelation 13:16-18). The Antichrist and his False Prophet will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:20), whereas at that time Satan will be bound in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-3). None of these things has happened yet.

The idea of a future, individual-man Antichrist was correctly recognized in the scriptures by the church from early on. Irenaeus (born c. 140 AD) used the term: "speaking of Antichrist, [Paul] says, 'who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped'" (Against Heresies 3:6:5; 2 Thessalonians 2:4); "...by means of the events which shall occur in the time of Antichrist is it shown that he, being an apostate and a robber, is anxious to be adored as God" (Against Heresies 5:25:1; 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36, Revelation 13:8); "...when this Antichrist shall have devastated all things in this world, he will reign for three years and six months, and sit in the temple at Jerusalem" (Against Heresies 5:30:4b; Revelation 13:5; 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7); "...the number of the name of the beast ... the name of Antichrist" (Against Heresies 5:30:1; Revelation 13:17c-18).

The gematrial numerical values of the letters in the Antichrist's name will add up to six hundred and sixty-six (Revelation 13:17c-18).

InSpiritInTruth said in post 17:

Also scripture confirms the spirit of antichrist had already come in the time of the apostles, and was also already working in many.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Note that the existence of many antichrists (1 John 2:18) doesn't contradict that there will be an individual man (2 Thessalonians 2:3,4,9, Revelation 13:4-18) who is commonly called the Antichrist, just as on the side of good, the existence of many sons of God (John 1:12) doesn't contradict that there is an individual man (Jesus Christ of Nazareth) who is called the Son of God (John 20:31).

Upvote 0