✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ExOrienteLux said:
Don't start countin' your chickens yet, Lotar... I am cautiously optimistic, though.

+IC XC NIKA+
-Philip.

I'm more hopefull than optimistic. I think he may have burnt up too much political capital, but who knows.

All we can do is pray.

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
I hope he chooses a pro-life woman :)

I have a feeling he will pick someone who is a minority and/or woman. It's the smartest choice; helps deprive the Liberals of taking the moral high ground.

Like he did with his last controversial judge.

Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lotar said:
If Dubya is able to take advantage of this, I'll take back everything bad I ever said about him.

So far he hasn't done much to win my trust (but rather the opposite) so he will gain a LOT of it if he chooses someone who has shown him or herself to be pro-life in the past. (I'll still be happy to see him leave in '08 though ^_^ ) We shall see.

I'm with ya IP, Oremus indeed!.

John

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He wouldn't earn much trust at all from me if he appointed a pro-life person [in all senses of the word], but I would like that the person was pro-life. I just don't get in the habit of trusting politicians...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gzt said:
He wouldn't earn much trust at all from me if he appointed a pro-life person [in all senses of the word], but I would like that the person was pro-life. I just don't get in the habit of trusting politicians...

Good point.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

like unto bees about a honeycomb
Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have complete faith in the President's ability to take this once in a lifetime opportunity and royally screw it up. He will probably nominate some idiot- and the idiot won't be enough of an idiot for House and Senate Democrats (and the House and Senate Republicans, who seem to be hopelessly incapable of acting like a majority) and so some deal will be cut to get some loser in the Supreme Court and a couple hundred thousand more babies will be murdered.

It would be so nice if the President would take a stand and nominate a hard-core pro-lifer and fight like heck to get him/her confirmed.

Politics always bring out the rabid cynic in me...

Moses

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Republican party does not want to change Roe v. Wade. It is such an incredibly powerful tool for getting votes from the religious right, that they have no desire to give it up. This nominee with not be pro-life.

Besides, a one vote change on the Supremes won't change the outcome. First, there must be a case that works it way through the courts and then petition the USSC, and then the court has to agree to hear the case - so it has to be a case with "good facts" and be a case they want to hear.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.