Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have a bit of a problem with my faith one day i feel that am Muslim or pagan the next day i feel i am Christian ...the problem am having with being Christian is the fact that i was abused by a priest when i was younger and i some times feel i cant deal with Christian things like crosses etc as i find them triggering .
Its confusing myself , my husband and my alters ( i have MPD ) .
Am unsure what to do really at the moment i feel that am Christian so that why i have posted in this section of the forum ( i hope i haven't broken any rules by doing so ) ...i just feel so confused some times what to do.

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dark Angel, that sounds like a very major issue you have to work through. Are you able to focus on your relationship with God Himself?

The temptation to consider other religions sounds like it is coming from the Enemy not yourself. View it as spiritual attack and turn to your Lord Jesus Christ whenever it happens. You are not alone and with God on your side you will have victory.

Spiritual Warfare

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
✟15,128.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever believed in the existence of Jesus but didn't want to worship him? Happened to me. Am I a traitor? Jesus helped me a lot but, for a while, I wanted to do everything by myself. Of course I failed. Now I see how many people seek salvation in Jesus and I began to pray with power.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I believe the Jesus exited i just don't believe that he is the son of God ..
I believe that he is a holy man that died on the cross for our sins.
I guess am struggling with it ...i just don't know where i am at all

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Confused. The first and second Commandments tell us: " Love God with all thy hearts, with all thy souls, and with all thy minds, Also: Love thy neigbour as thyselves." Then we are told: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God wants our love, selfless and freely given. That means straightforward: " treat all we know and all we meet, friends as well as not friends, as we would love to be treated. With kindness and friendly words, a helping hand ( if needed) and being a good neighbour. Jesus tells us : " ask and ye will receive," then we thank God, and share all Love with all around us. God will see our efforts, and God will bless us. And God will know that we love God, because we are following God`s Commandments to LOVE and Care. Let God guide you slowly, and before you realise, dear Confused, Jesus will be at your side and change you into the loving and caring daughter, which God wants you to become: children/sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. Love is our weapon, and Love will always lead us the right way. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. Jesus died that we might live, and Jesus reconciled us to God, and we can trust Him.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I learned more about the "Dead Sea Scrolls" and that helped me solidify my faith.

Ancient texts found in Israel that are an exact match to the books in the bible we have today.

Hope this helps, I will also pray for you.

I would read them , but i have a big fear of things like the end of the world or that , it triggers me so much that i could end up not sleeping for days
I avoid all things like this because of this

Dose the dead sea scrolls have anything like that in them ?
I avoid reading revelations because my mum says it about the end of the world.

I know if we die that we will end up in heave or in hell i think that i will end up in hell and that's what is scaring me about reading anything like that .

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rescuer, Saver, Healer, Fighter Against Evil Of Sin: Jesus is a supernatural spiritual hero with multi-talented combination of gifts that make Superman look like a fictional actor in a movie. As you know like anyone else with simple education, such as 2 = 1+1, an actor is a person who pretends to be someone in real life or from an imaginative story: and Superman is just that, an actor with the use of special effects to create reality on film. Jesus is not an actor, he is the real deal and without him, Satan's power of sin can take the steering wheel of your mind and drive it out of control and into the confusion of chaos of sin since Adam and Eve activated sin when God's forbbiden apple was eaten in The Garden of Eden.:*:. Being around people you know, changes and growing are two words when mixed together, they can bring healing to the mind and body when Jesus is in your heart like a quiet magician, working his spiritual magic ingredients to repair all the negativity and confusing deceit from Satan every second you breathe air in your lungs. You become a leader and not just a learner from others, so that others can become leaders and learners at the same time as well. Such an amazing forever lifetime experience with Jesus that death does not mean your ashes is returned to the soil so that other tiny lives such as bacteria can use it for survival: No, death really means an instant transformation to a new life of Christ where the Word of God is written in your heart so that understanding the bible will become as simple as spreading strawberry jam on toast. Also with the new body of Christ, when Jesus returns in the future, disease-causing sin will no longer annoy us with pain and suffering, where youth and health are the wealthy gifts from Jesus for us as a reward for our obedient and believing faith-evidence of God in our true Christianity. May Victorious Jesus Be The Lord Guard Of Your Life.:*:.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lovemygod316

Jul 8, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i was abused by a priest when i was younger and i some times feel i cant deal with Christian things like crosses etc as i find them triggering .

That is a big problem as a Christian. If you are serious about wanting to follow Christ, first you have to acknowledge that he is the son of God. Then you have to keep picturing the cross as the method of redemption that it is, not a symbol of your abuse. I would just take a cross and hold it as long as you need to until you can disassociate it from your negative past. Pray and thank Jesus for what he DID on the cross, and ask him to take the pain of what it reminds you of away from you.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Its hard because the crosses bring back flashbacks and its like i am reliving the abuse again for me and my alters.
I am seeing a pastor at the moment and he is trying to help me through this .
We need to start de- trigger our selfs from the flashbacks and expose my self to crosses.
Am also dont know why i feel the way i feel about Jesus that he isn't the son of God but yet aren't we all the children of God ?

I need time to think on it pray and reflect on it some

Thanks

Upvote 0

lovemygod316

Jul 8, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Its hard because the crosses bring back flashbacks and its like i am reliving the abuse again for me and my alters.
I am seeing a pastor at the moment and he is trying to help me through this .
We need to start de- trigger our selfs from the flashbacks and expose my self to crosses.
Am also dont know why i feel the way i feel about Jesus that he isn't the son of God but yet aren't we all the children of God ?

I need time to think on it pray and reflect on it some

Thanks

We are only children of God THROUGH Jesus Christ. He is the only ACTUAL son of God. But his blood bought our way into the family of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Are you not seeing a rape counselor about the sexual abuse and your other "issues"--
were charges been filed against the priest who abused you?

Is the priest trained to be rape counselor, is he qualified to treat someone with MPD?
If he isn't, then I suggest you see someone who is.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have a bit of a problem with my faith one day i feel that am Muslim or pagan the next day i feel i am Christian ...the problem am having with being Christian is the fact that i was abused by a priest when i was younger and i some times feel i cant deal with Christian things like crosses etc as i find them triggering .
Its confusing myself , my husband and my alters ( i have MPD ) .
Am unsure what to do really at the moment i feel that am Christian so that why i have posted in this section of the forum ( i hope i haven't broken any rules by doing so ) ...i just feel so confused some times what to do.

I have the same problem, although I don't have a name for it as yet. (still waiting for the doctor's report.)

Sometimes I am in Church as a Christian, sometimes I am just confused and don't know who I am, or what I am. Some of the others predate any real awareness or knowledge of faith. I have told my priest, and he knows what the signs are, and he accepts me as I am, and has been very good.

The Lord will not send you away; if one part of you is Christian then all of you are accepted. He will not crush the bruised reed.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

No, not yet. There is no need to do this. If you try to detrigger you may well end up retraumatising yourself over and over, and with each encounter the effects will get worse, not better.

I would recommend that you find another symbol of faith that is safe for you, and carry that instead; there are lots to choose from. A toy lamb, a fish, a Bible, a photograph or prayer card; anything that is about who you are now, and not about the former abuse.

You can't do much about the crosses being in church, but if you have your own symbol with you, and focus on that; hold it or touch it instead of looking at the cross, then it may help.

Don't try as yet to desensitise to anything; I doubt if it can be done at this point; it is all too soon.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you not seeing a rape counselor about the sexual abuse and your other "issues"--

Is the priest trained to be rape counselor, is he qualified to treat someone with MPD?

I agree. An unqualified counsellor is far worse than none at all.

Find someone who understands and can treat what you have.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

I was seeing a therapist for a while and we worked on some of these issues but she betrayed my trust and i haven't seen a Therapist since.
The pastor isn't trained to deal with things like this we talk about faith more than about the abuse he just knows about .
The priest that abused me i never told anyone about it until recently and he is dead now.

I may think about seeing another Therapist

Upvote 0