Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I would just like to know what makes people think that a day on earth is the same amount of time as a day on heaven? Heaven is infinite, therefore a day in heaven is not even subjected to time. The bible does not at all give us an indication of the age of the Earth.

oh you are mistaken

Isaiah 66:23
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would just like to know what makes people think that a day on earth is the same amount of time as a day on heaven? Heaven is infinite, therefore a day in heaven is not even subjected to time. The bible does not at all give us an indication of the age of the Earth.

Time is relative...
You are correct. Imagine a honeydipper...and time is the honey....closer you are to the Dipper the faster time moves.

There is a whole time dilation effect as you move away from the planet. It's measurable and known as well.

And things just move so fast when you are away on vacation...(joke)

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the resurrection is also poetry.
Which resurrection?
There have been 2 at this point. (Lazarus and Jesus)
Then there is the resurrection to come.

The one to come, as mentioned in John's Apocalypse, is definitely written inside of song and poetry.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The creation was not in heaven. Creation is talking about this universe.

Tell me.. Why did the author of the Bible, who is Christ Himself, say "There was evening, there was morning, the first day"?

Why not just leave that out?

I believe that it was for this very purpose. I believe that Christ knew that people would try to write off the literal six days... So... He put that in there.

These simple words make it very pointed that God wanted us to know it was a "Day"... Even at day one.

So, why do you not believe God did it as He stated that He did it and used precious space in the Canon to state it... six times.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe, at this point, to ask this question, brings great concern as to your ability to comprehend the topic of this discussion..

OR, your just being difficult.

Well you said "the resurrection"

And there are three different significant resurrections listed in scripture. Lazarus, Jesus, and all the rest of us. Two of the resurrections are not written to us in poetic fashion (unless you are talking about their prophecy and there are several)
The final one...that one is inside of prophecy and is stated inside of prose.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The creation was not in heaven. Creation is talking about this universe.

Tell me.. Why did the author of the Bible, who is Christ Himself, say "There was evening, there was morning, the first day"?

Why not just leave that out?

I believe that it was for this very purpose. I believe that Christ knew that people would try to write off the literal six days... So... He put that in there.

These simple words make it very pointed that God wanted us to know it was a "Day"... Even at day one.

So, why do you not believe God did it as He stated that He did it and used precious space in the Canon to state it... six times.

I am sure that you remember that scripture was written in Hebrew. And even if you can't read the Torah in Hebrew surely you have been present when it was sung in original language. (But maybe I'm mistaken)

It's poetic...and deep with meaning.

Now imagine that I've been telling you the truth about evening/chaos and morning/becoming ordered.

There was chaos/evening; there was order/morning.....

The poetic inferences are that God brings order out of chaos while you are resting and you won't see how He did it but that now you can work (during the day) and bring Honor and Glory to Him.
Kinda makes it say a whole lot more. None of which is wacko theologies.

Now what you were pointing to earlier in your statements...
The first sentence written in scripture is in line with what you were ascribing.
Hebrew contains "prepositional verbs" meaning that the Hebrew word for "made" is one that requires a material.... imagine it having an "out of" attached to it.

God created a table out of marble...
The Hebrew demands a material for the word created.

But there is not a complete sentence there....there is no material listed used to create the heavens and the Earth out of.
Just a blank...a vacuum of want.
So God created everything out of nothing is what that verse is trying to explain... again in a poetic fashion.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,398,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
mXruUXx.jpg

MOD HAT ON

The thread will remain closed due to flaming issues.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.