Comebacks to why you aren't married yet!

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean anything by it, or are you trying to throw them for a loop?

I mean that just as they would like to be a millionaire but aren't likely to become one any time soon, I would like to be married, but am not likely to become so any time soon. And for similar reasons. I.e., I don't have the assets required, and the competition is insurmountable.

Upvote 0

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can open my own jars.

My dad's a really good shot.

I'd rather get a dog.

I'm still waiting on someone like Mr. Darcy/The Phantom.

I like being in the driver's seat too much.

Men are weird. And smell funny. Especially in the heat.

hahaha these are good, espec the second one :smirk: :ebil: And the one about too many dishes is true!!!

believe me it realy does happen in real life i can attest to that! i can't tell you how many times i've been in a conversation with some lady here or there when she's asking about my life to have her suddenly ask "And how on earth are you not married yet" or the most classic one i've heard that always surprises me is "Wow if i, had a daughter/if you were my daughters age, i'd hook you up with her." that last one always shocks me... i dont know what it is i'm not realy as nice a guy as people seem to think i am.... i guess i just give that vibe or sumthen....

Haha ok fair enough. But still, that's different to someone asking you in a 'you're soooo over the hill' kind of way! I have to say if it were my mum saying that to someone I'd be so embarrassed :D way to make me look like i can't get a date mum! Unless the guy was cute, then I could cope with it :p

Upvote 0

KingCrimson250

IS A HOMEBOY
Apr 10, 2009
✟18,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm still waiting on someone like The Phantom.

I've never understood this. I mean The Phantom is needy, controlling and emotionally unstable. Yet many girls seem to find him attractive. I was not aware that extreme emotional dependency and harbouring a deep-seated hatred for all mankind are considered sexy.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've never understood this. I mean The Phantom is needy, controlling and emotionally unstable. Yet many girls seem to find him attractive. I was not aware that extreme emotional dependency and harbouring a deep-seated hatred for all mankind are considered sexy.

Probably similar to why they would find a needy, controlling person with a temper who also has to constantly restrain himself from drinking their blood to be attractive. Which is in turn similar to why so many girls are perfectly willing to date a user who treats them like crap while treating men who actually respect them as the proverbial chopped liver.

On the Phantom in particular, I once pointed out what a truly awful person he was to a friend of mine after we watched the version of the movie with Gerard Butler in it. She said something like "oh I know, but that's part of the thrill." :doh:She got really mad when I said the same things about Edward Cullen.

Upvote 0

KingCrimson250

IS A HOMEBOY
Apr 10, 2009
✟18,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Probably similar to why they would find a needy, controlling person with a temper who also has to constantly restrain himself from drinking their blood to be attractive.

Seriously. I don't know what kind of messages girls are trying to send us with these.

Like, let's put it in real word terms:

"I just don't get it! All I want is a man who will alternate between crying and whining and blubbering all over me, and physically and/or emotionally abusing me! Why can't I get a guy like that!"

I just don't understand it. It does not make any sense to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riddik7

I'm The Captain Of This Paper Boat!
Aug 21, 2009
Holloman AFB
Visit site
✟16,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Because I don't sparkle in the sunlight." :sick:

ROFL ah this one is great... lol.... i should say that next time one of my friends gives me a hard time about not having a girlfriend yet.... his middle name is Edward and his last is Collins... so we give him a hard time constantly calling him sparkles and such....

Haha ok fair enough. But still, that's different to someone asking you in a 'you're soooo over the hill' kind of way! I have to say if it were my mum saying that to someone I'd be so embarrassed :D way to make me look like i can't get a date mum! Unless the guy was cute, then I could cope with it :p

true the way my mom acts all the time about getting mail order brides and trying to hook me up with various girls it sometimes makes me wonder if she thinks i'll never get a girl on my own cause i fall short or something on needed qualities...

Upvote 0

deepgreen11

Veteran
Jun 18, 2008
✟10,037.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Interestingly enough, I much prefer the Mr. Darcy...
but the creative genius of the Phantom is... :swoon:
But i totally see what you're saying. The needy is bad, the controlling is bad, the emotionally unstable is bad.

Upvote 0

ceh85

Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Because I don't sparkle in the sunlight." :sick:

You know I'm sure there was a Barbie whose hair did that :D I really have trouble associating it with vampires... :p

ROFL ah this one is great... lol.... i should say that next time one of my friends gives me a hard time about not having a girlfriend yet.... his middle name is Edward and his last is Collins... so we give him a hard time constantly calling him sparkles and such....

haha. serves him right then doesn't it!

true the way my mom acts all the time about getting mail order brides and trying to hook me up with various girls it sometimes makes me wonder if she thinks i'll never get a girl on my own cause i fall short or something on needed qualities...

Whoa there!! Well to be honest I think that's a family thing to do. My brothers(and occasionally my parents :D) like to joke that they'll never get me married off. I just tell them I'll have to come and live with them forever and ever :smirk:

But i totally see what you're saying. The needy is bad, the controlling is bad, the emotionally unstable is bad.

I only just worked out who the Phantom is :doh:

Yeah it's all exciting and dramatic at first, but then it gets to the point where you just want to pop out to the shops and he won't let you go til he's sung you an aria.. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KingCrimson250

IS A HOMEBOY
Apr 10, 2009
✟18,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Creative genious? But he just sits around ripping off Pink Floyd! LOL

Reactions: ceh85
Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah it's all exciting and dramatic at first, but then it gets to the point where you just want to pop out to the shops and he won't let you go til he's sung you an aria.. :p

And then he tries to murder your friends.

But that's okay, because he's a creative genius. :doh:

Upvote 0

Riddik7

I'm The Captain Of This Paper Boat!
Aug 21, 2009
Holloman AFB
Visit site
✟16,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whoa there!! Well to be honest I think that's a family thing to do. My brothers(and occasionally my parents :D) like to joke that they'll never get me married off. I just tell them I'll have to come and live with them forever and ever :smirk:

yes it doess serve him right and it will be so perfect.... gotta make sure the rest of the guys are around when i throw it at him though....

ag yes family are crazy.... and then they drive you crazy.... or are they crazy because of being driven crazy by family..... the worst part though is the fact that 70% of the time i'm pretty darn sure my mom is being serious.... i mean come on what kind of mom signs her kid up for dating sites ug....

Upvote 0

ceh85

Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ag yes family are crazy.... and then they drive you crazy.... or are they crazy because of being driven crazy by family..... the worst part though is the fact that 70% of the time i'm pretty darn sure my mom is being serious.... i mean come on what kind of mom signs her kid up for dating sites ug....

Yeah I have no idea which is the chicken and which is the egg but family=crazy :D

I guess depending on her background - ie what age she married etc - she might worry you are 'leaving it late'. There's tons of time though. Here it's normal to be single til you are in your mid-late 20s. Maybe she really wants grandkids!

Actually my grandma told my mum she was 'on the shelf' when she was 18 and that 'all the good ones would be snapped up by then'! :D So my mum told her she wasn't even thinking about getting married til she was 25. Then when she brought my dad home aged 22 my grandma was like 'but you said...!'

Sometimes you just can't win :doh: :D

Upvote 0