Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day apparently successful

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the website that you showed to Dies is actually a pretty good example.

Take this for example.

"Since homosexual marriage became “legal” the rates of HIV / AIDS have gone up considerably in Massachusetts. This year public funding to deal with HIV/AIDS has risen by $500,000. As the homosexual lobby group MassEquality wrote to their supporters after successfully persuading the Legislature to spend that money: "With the rate of HIV infections rising dramatically in Massachusetts, it's clear the fight against AIDS is far from over."

Notice anything missing? There's no citation. No details They couldn't even give us the rate of HIV infection. Did it really go up? If so then by how much? No explanation for the correlation.
If HIV rates DID go up, how is homosexual marriage responsible? Correlation doesn't prove causation. The website author just chose to blame gay marriage for it knowing that their moronic supporters would buy it hook line and sinker.

So, this is a pretty good indication of an anti-gay group. A group that blatantly lies about homosexuals in order to make them look bad.
There was no lie about homosexuals. In fact, the two times the term homosexual was even used in your quote was as a modifier indicating the type of marriage and the type of lobbying group.

The quote you posted is communicating that they are anti gay marriage, not anti gay person. I see this error being committed very often, so often in fact that I have to wonder if it is an oversite or an intended untruth.

It is possible to be against an action and yet not be against a person partaking in the action.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There was no lie about homosexuals. In fact, the two times the term homosexual was even used in your quote was as a modifier indicating the type of marriage and the type of lobbying group.

The quote you posted is communicating that they are anti gay marriage, not anti gay person. I see this error being committed very often, so often in fact that I have to wonder if it is an oversite or an intended untruth.
You got me. They aren't blatantly lying about homosexuals, just their marriage.

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You got me. They aren't blatantly lying about homosexuals, just their marriage.
nice try at swiftboating, but you've not proved a lie was proffered. Don't like what they claim? then find evidence to disprove it.

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Mean spirited". I don't like gay people. They are destroying the moral foundation of our county while Christians are claiming love and acceptance of them while Gays are doing more harm than good. Anyways if you want to go off on being mean spirited, contact the Henson company. :)
How am I destroying the moral foundation of the country?

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
"Mean spirited". I don't like gay people. They are destroying the moral foundation of our county while Christians are claiming love and acceptance of them while Gays are doing more harm than good. Anyways if you want to go off on being mean spirited, contact the Henson company. :)

You really should meet a real homosexual someday.

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I mean is -- I am an honest, tax paying, hard working citizen who gives money to various nonprofit causes/orgs every year. My wife and I have been together for 8 years, married for nearly 4, and are the proud parents of a lively, healthy toddler. How does any of this harm you or the country?

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I could go way off topic here with you and tell you that it is the love of mammon that is undercutting the moral foundation of this country instead of gay people. The love of profits and greed for monetary riches among many "believers" is what is doing more harm than good. That Harry kisses Dick has nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
He said this:

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that,”

Wow, horror of horrors!! How could he say such a thing..... Pardon the coldness and political incorrectness here but, why is the gay community getting their panties in a bunch over this? Or are they, really? This, to me anyway, is the politicizing of something that may not even be such a big deal to those in the gay community.

Yes!! A Boycott!! That's the answer! sheesh! :doh:

And that was just as asinine as the Chic-Fil-A boycott. Keep in mind that we didn't have mayors of major urban cities refusing to allow Nabisco to expand facilities or start new factories either.

Some pathetic creeper trying to shame an employee of Chick-fil-A for working there while begging for his FREE cup of water as he holds up the line for other patrons over his emotional political whim.

It takes a real man to stand up to a little girl from the protection of his car and berate the employees over the CEO’s statement of belief in traditional marriage and biblical viewpoint.

See for yourself the illustration of just how intelligent liberals who can’t be bothered to even research what was actually stated in the Christian centered interview.

Watch as the polite and honest girl was so professional as she maintained total composure and proved to be the better as a very respectful represent of Chick-fil-A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLNgkP9nzc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some pathetic creeper trying to shame an employee of Chick-fil-A for working there while begging for his FREE cup of water as he holds up the line for other patrons over his emotional political whim.

It takes a real man to stand up to a little girl from the protection of his car and berate the employees over the CEO’s statement of belief in traditional marriage and biblical viewpoint.

See for yourself the illustration of just how intelligent liberals who can’t be bothered to even research what was actually stated in the Christian centered interview.

Watch as the polite and honest girl was so professional as she maintained total composure and proved to be the better as a very respectful represent of Chick-fil-A.

Adam M. Smith 's Reduce $'s to Chick-Fil-A's Hate Groups - YouTube

Ah what a charming individual.

This moron and those who think like him all miss the big picture... the people they are harassing at the stories have nothing to do with what the man who owns the company said.

They are just trying to do an honest days work and this fool is harassing them.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Vante of Tucson, AZ Regrets Actions of Former CFO | Reuters
TUCSON, AZ, Aug 02 (Marketwire) -- The following is a statement from Vante: Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company. The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others. We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith's actions against Vante and its employees.

Hahahahaha.

I hear Chick-fil-a is hiring.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
nice try at swiftboating, but you've not proved a lie was proffered. Don't like what they claim? then find evidence to disprove it.

The entire point of the article is the perceived negative effects in Massachusetts due to gay marriage.

One of the sections listed is "health" and in "health" the website claims that HIV rates have risen considerably, and that gay marriage is responsible. It's not so much the claim. It's that the website didn't see any reason to back it up with evidence. There's no explanation for WHY gay marriage would make HIV rates increase, as opposed to having multiple partners, unprotected sex, and using injection drugs? No numbers. No data. No sources. And this doesn't bother you? Really?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why should it matter if they donated anything to organizations that oppose gay marriage?

Well, you could ask several Christian groups like AFA, Focus on the Family, and the Southern Baptist Convention as to why they boycotted companies like Disney, McDonald's, and Ford for "supporting gay causes". In the case of Ford, it was for nothing more than advertising in a gay magazine.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Vante of Tucson, AZ Regrets Actions of Former CFO | Reuters
TUCSON, AZ, Aug 02 (Marketwire) -- The following is a statement from Vante: Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company. The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others. We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith's actions against Vante and its employees.
Hahahahaha.

I hear Chick-fil-a is hiring.
Well, there's certainly a goodly amount of ironic justice in that ...
FinalIronyMeter.gif

Upvote 0
A

Archangel Horus

Is Chick-Fil-A's food any good? I'm wondering because they seem to show up as the top chicken place as far as chains go except at times when Raisin' Cane's shows up, and Cane's is really good. So I'm just wondering since I can't find one here in Vegas, whenever I go visit the east coast, if it's any good.

We had a little bit of controversy in the past over In N' Out's Bible verses on their burger wrappers and cokes, but that's passed since few really care and they are the best fast food burger joint in town.

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Gay people have been celibate waiting for the legalization of gay marriage to have sex. Now that it's here they are all getting HIV. Other than something as improbable as that I can't really think of any reason a person could possible give to claim a causal connection between gay marriage and HIV.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Is Chick-Fil-A's food any good? I'm wondering because they seem to show up as the top chicken place as far as chains go except at times when Raisin' Cane's shows up, and Cane's is really good. So I'm just wondering since I can't find one here in Vegas, whenever I go visit the east coast, if it's any good.

We had a little bit of controversy in the past over In N' Out's Bible verses on their burger wrappers and cokes, but that's passed since few really care and they are the best fast food burger joint in town.

Good as in tasty? I've heard yes.

Good as in even slightly healthy? Definitely not.

Upvote 0