Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This isn't about Dan Cathy, and never was. It is about Chick-Fil-A investing millions of dollars to fund anti-gay hate groups with the explicit goal of depriving LGBTQ citizens of equal rights.

Thank you for making my point for a different thread. :asd:

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
True. But, when a municipality allows businesses of a certain type, but then denies certain business of that type because of the stated opinions of its management, then we run into First Amendment territory.

There was a time when liberals would almost universally understand and support free speech even when they disagree with the content of that speech. I find it sad how many people I see on these CFA threads opposing free speech in the name of liberalism.

I agree, I support the concept of equal marriage but people using the power of the state to punish people ho don't think the way they think they should is a horrible idea.

Fight ideas with better ideas.... not the power of the government.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Money isn't speech and corporations don't have First Amendment rights.

You are right, corporations don't have first amendment rights, but Dan Cathy however does have first amendment rights, and to punish his company because of his views does violate his rights.

Upvote 0
I

IanCG

The sodomites are allowed under our Constitution to be as friendly as they choose under our Constitutional terms for privacy. The problem arises when the sodomites try to tell the world that sodomy is good and not a sin. Big sodomy wants to have the right to teach our children that the practice and people who choose to identify with sodomy is A-OK and to heck with God. (and biology, for that matter.)

Man, are you going to be upset in a few years.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
The sodomites are allowed under our Constitution to be as friendly as they choose under our Constitutional terms for privacy. The problem arises when the sodomites try to tell the world that sodomy is good and not a sin. Big sodomy wants to have the right to teach our children that the practice and people who choose to identify with sodomy is A-OK and to heck with God. (and biology, for that matter.)

Most sodomites can already get married.
Homosexuals are the ones who can't.

Sodomy is A-OK if you're not a believer of Christianity or any other religion which is against it.
Last time i checked, schools didn't teach religious opinion as fact...
I'm pretty sure sodomy isn't even mentioned in schools, nor do people want it to be mentioned.

Homosexuality=/=sodomy.

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I agree, I support the concept of equal marriage but people using the power of the state to punish people ho don't think the way they think they should is a horrible idea.

Yeah, that's going to far. I'm all with people boycotting the place so their money doesn't end up going toward the anti- marriage equality movement but the government actually telling him he can't do business isn't right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟331,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No different than ACT-UP or GLAAD or the Human Rights Campaign investing millions of dollars to fund anti-Christian hate groups with the explicit goal of depriving Christians of the right to voice their opposition to the redefinition of marriage.

Umm... what hate groups do they fund? Typically non-profit groups (outside of groups like United Way) don't donate the money they collect to other non-profits.

But even if they did, so what? You have every right to boycott them (not send them your money).

Upvote 0