Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,063.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Totally agree with David , anjelica.

You don't need folk battering each other over the head because someone thinks slightly differently from them.

You need to be with people who respect others and are prepared to listen

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
To be honest, I feel like someone is pointing the finger directly at me, only hiding behind vague accusations. As if I've engineered some sinister plot to kidnap OBOB members. (insert melodramatic music) Perhaps I should charge ransom money! :)
People are free to come and go as they please. This place will go through inevitable ebbs and flows. I am currently posting a lot. But I wont maintain such a pace forever. If I disappear for a day or two, don't be alarmed. I like this place but forums are not permanent abodes. I think there is a danger in becoming too attached to any place.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I am crying now. It has been an awul day. Then ths otop. Paul, I need th internet because I have no one in real life. Please suppirt me rather than tellig me to get off tnternet maybe. This s the only place I have. Litlly.
Sorry angelica. I guess I can be really insensitive and just plain ignorant. I know in my case, that advice would apply to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am crying now. It has been an awul day. Then ths otop. Paul, I need th internet because I have no one in real life. Please suppirt me rather than tellig me to get off tnternet maybe. This s the only place I have. Litlly.

Hugs to you. I don't know what's going on, but I can see you are hurting and I'm sorry for that. May God brighten your day.:tulip:

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You guys are making this an accepting place. One that is a good place.

I will see what I can do to resolve problems and tensions. Just, focus here and trust in God.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP

Angelica , I've just posted a hymn on the Hymns and Sacred Music thread .

I trust it may help you .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
@anjelica, do you remember the songs I gave you a while back that encouraged you? I think you should listen to them again. And please remember that my inbox is always for you open if you need to talk. I am sorry for the stress and the drama that is going on right now. It is sad to see. Take a break if you need one, but please know that you are always welcome here in this forum, as you are in the other forum too. You are such a sweet person, with a good heart. You are not alone. Your friends are here for you.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
have you seen what is going on in the other place? i have had enough. I don't understand it, and my own lufe is in shreds right now. Then this in there.mi suppose I will get banned for this post. Sometimes I jyst do not understand things

Anjelica, I'm just sick about this. In spite of my calm and gentle demeanor I've been raging inside for the past few weeks. I am so angry that people are getting hurt. I think what makes me most upset is that I'm trying to gain converts, and while I can't claim a lot of success, my wife and my mother both followed me into the Church. While those are two biggies, the next one I have my sights on is my younger brother. It's always interesting talking to him because he's like a time capsule of how I was before I converted.

Converting is an exciting thing, and of course I wanted share my excitement from my brother, but as I learned later, he was mourning because he thought he had lost me. That's how negative opinion we all had of Christianity when I was young.

But, he's starting to change his perception and I've only been able to manage this through answering his questions thoughtfully, not getting mad when he says really ignorant stuff but mostly by trying to live the life and not being a condemning so-and-so.

This is why I am so mad.

I'm sorry you are going through what you are. I'm grateful to be getting to know you better. I think you have a peaceful spirit.

Thanks for letting me vent on your thread. I'm feeling like a bit of a pariah these days myself.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Forgive me. Just trying to help where I can :rolleyes:
To be honest, I feel like someone is pointing the finger directly at me, only hiding behind vague accusations. As if I've engineered some sinister plot to kidnap OBOB members. (insert melodramatic music) Perhaps I should charge ransom money! :)
People are free to come and go as they please. This place will go through inevitable ebbs and flows. I am currently posting a lot. But I wont maintain such a pace forever. If I disappear for a day or two, don't be alarmed. I like this place but forums are not permanent abodes. I think there is a danger in becoming too attached to any place.

Upvote 0