• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

BPD - Don't Give Up!

LucyEnEcosse

Jan 14, 2014
✟15,165.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello and happy new year to everyone!

I haven't posted in almost a year, largely due to finishing university and moving house and getting a job and beginning treatment for my BPD, anxiety and depression.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you all that my healing is a miracle sent from God, because I would never claim such knowledge. What I do know, however, is that when I was contemplating suicide in early 2014, I prayed that He would show me a way to finding a better life away from the misery of full-blown BPD. He answered.

Less than three months later, I was taking medications and participating in therapy groups, all of which have had an absolutely phenomenal effect on my life. Comparing the person I was then to the person I am now is like comparing chalk to cheese - I am happy, successful and finding love and joy in so many unexpected places.

Why am I saying all of this? Well, God wills that which is good, and after I asked Him for help, I sort of forgot about it and went about my daily life. Then, suddenly, I had this overwhelming urge to seek help and to really change things. I went to the doctor later that same day and I've been getting better ever since. He was compelling me to follow this path, and I am so grateful that I followed Him.

If you're unwell and facing difficulty due to BPD or any other mental illness, you don't even have to wait for an intervention - take your strength and seek help from a physician, because there's absolutely no shame in wanting to live a life that means you can better serve and glorify God. We can't live life without other people, and God has given those in medicine the gift to create medications and provide support for those of us who need it.

As for pointing the finger of blame: don't. Mental illnesses are usually caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, and they aren't a reflection of you as a person or any manifestation of sin - God does not command that which is bad. Don't punish yourself, because He has your back and life DOES get better, I promise you that!