Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My comment

"However, that said, every believer SHOULD be filled with His spirit"

Must be [John 3] .... if not there is no connection and the man is just a dead one walking around

And if a man is not filled with His spirit the man cannot understand the things of God written in His Word

Good point dude and a big Amen! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Behold I tell you a mystery; we shall all not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in an instant" (1 Corinthians 15:51-54).

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I have to say, I'm pretty dubious about the idea anyone here on earth is going "up" or anywhere else for that matter during the Rapture. I fail to see where being "changed" instantly, necessarily correlates to being transported somewhere else. Seems like a bit of an unwarranted stretch to me.

As far as I know, there is no Scriptural evidence to support the idea the saints who are gathered in heaven and appear in the clouds with Christ at the Second Coming, (Revelation 19:14), are going to dwell here on earth afterwards in their corporeal bodies. Does anyone else read that anywhere ?... because frankly I don't see it.

Nor do I read anywhere in the Scripture, where the dead who are raised at the Second Coming are going to dwell here on earth in their corporeal bodies either. I just don't see any evidence of either of these promises being mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

So this doctrine of everybody getting their corporeal body back and dwelling here on earth after the Rapture (Resurrection) is based solely on an extrapolation gleaned from nothing more substantial than pure conjecture, isn't that right ? Because it isn't stated explicitly anywhere in the Bible, is it ?!

Actually, the whole subject of the Rapture and the Resurrection is sort of "off topic" and "derailing" this thread, isn't it ? Wouldn't these topics be more appropriately addressed in the General Theology section of this forum ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟102,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
"Behold I tell you a mystery; we shall all not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in an instant" (1 Corinthians 15:51-54).

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I have to say, I'm pretty dubious about the idea anyone here on earth is going "up" or anywhere else for that matter during the Rapture. I fail to see where being "changed" instantly, necessarily correlates to being transported somewhere else. Seems like a bit of an unwarranted stretch to me.

As far as I know, there is no Scriptural evidence to support the idea the saints who are gathered in heaven and appear in the clouds with Christ at the Second Coming, (Revelation 19:14), are going to dwell here on earth afterwards in their corporeal bodies. Does anyone else read that anywhere ?... because frankly I don't see it.

Nor do I read anywhere in the Scripture, where the dead who are raised at the Second Coming are going to dwell here on earth in their corporeal bodies either. I just don't see any evidence of either of these promises being mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

So this doctrine of everybody getting their corporeal body back and dwelling here on earth after the Rapture (Resurrection) is based solely on an extrapolation gleaned from nothing more substantial than pure conjecture, isn't that right ? Because it isn't stated explicitly anywhere in the Bible, is it ?!

Actually, the whole subject of the Rapture and the Resurrection is sort of "off topic" and "derailing" this thread, isn't it ? Wouldn't these topics be more appropriately addressed in the General Theology section of this forum ?

I guess you never read, "the meek shall inherit the earth."

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟102,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My comment

"However, that said, every believer SHOULD be filled with His spirit"

Must be [John 3] .... if not there is no connection and the man is just a dead one walking around

And if a man is not filled with His spirit the man cannot understand the things of God written in His Word

There is a difference between the Holy Spirit within and the Holy Spirit "on" or "upon." Study every instance of the examples in Acts, as in Acts 8, 10, 19 and you will see how careful Luke was to say "on" or "upon." Then notice that when one gets the Holy Spirit upon, it is written that they are "filled." When one is born again, they get the Holy Spirit within. When one receives the mighty baptism in the Holy Spirit, they get the Holy Spirit UPON. I know many denominational churches deny this, but it is truth.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,413,139.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is a difference between the Holy Spirit within and the Holy Spirit "on" or "upon." Study every instance of the examples in Acts, as in Acts 8, 10, 19 and you will see how careful Luke was to say "on" or "upon." Then notice that when one gets the Holy Spirit upon, it is written that they are "filled." When one is born again, they get the Holy Spirit within. When one receives the mighty baptism in the Holy Spirit, they get the Holy Spirit UPON. I know many denominational churches deny this, but it is truth.

This is a good subject but for another thread.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you never read, "the meek shall inherit the earth."

Sure I've read that, and I believe it refers to living people. What I never read anywhere in the Bible, is that the departed shall inherit the earth.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since this thread has gotten derailed, I'm going to stop reading it. I'll still post, though, when I learn of something consistent with the OP.

Sorry about the off-topic "cross chat". Just killing some time during this quiet period, until the next series of birth pains occur. I try myself to stick to the OP and ignore off topic sectarian arguments about general theology, unless they become exceptionally annoying.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟102,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sure I've read that, and I believe it refers to living people. What I never read anywhere in the Bible, is that the departed shall inherit the earth.
Hmmm. Those that depart in the pretrib rapture will be LIVING. In fact more alive then any time in their life!

Upvote 0

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found this video interesting, and pertaining to the topic of this thread. A little long, however quite interesting.

Warning it's a bit graphic, outlining, among other things some turbulent events that seemed to have transpired in the first 4-5 months of this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's what I see happening in the near future.

(1). The deterioration in U.S./China relations will deepen over the ongoing North Korean nuclear situation and the South China Sea dispute. The move away from the rule of international law will be further undermined in the coming months, as the U.S. and China move closer to resolving their disputes through armed confrontation, rather than using negotiations and economic sanctions. This will escalate into a global problem, with implications reaching far beyond the dispute between China and the USA.

I posted this at 2:40 AM early Sunday morning September 18th in response to the question, "What act comes next" ? By 5:00 PM that evening, Western Coalition warplanes attacked a Syrian army position killing 62 Syrian soldiers, effectively violating the Syrian cease fire agreement reached by Russia and the United States. On Monday, a Russian SU-24 attacked a Red Crescent (Arab Red Cross) convoy unloading humanitarian aide 14 miles outside the city of Aleppo destroying at least 13 trucks. On the same day, Monday September 19th, Greek residents on the Island of Lesbos burned a Syrian refugee camp to the ground, (sources, The Associated Press).

As I pointed out in post #367, this escalation in "lawless acts of violence" are only the beginning in a new series of birth pains. There will be more. Bible prophecy is clear on this point, (Matthew 24:12, 2 Timothy 3:13).

"While people are saying Peace and safety, destruction will come upon them suddenly, as the birth pains of a pregnant woman with child" (1 Thessalonians 5:3, NIV).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,515,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread is closed for review.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,515,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has had a clean up. If any of your posts are missing or have been edited, it is because they violated forum rules.
Please refrain from flaming one another. CF rules on flaming state:

Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
● Do not maliciously ridicule other people or groups of people (e.g., members and non-members, public and non-public figures, political figures and political groups). Constructive criticism is allowed, but destructive and cruel criticism is not allowed.
● NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
● Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.​
Please keep the discussion civil so mods can leave you to your discussion in peace!

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This reported Russian attack comes on the heels of a statement Russian backed Syrian president Assad made yesterday. He claimed that the US attack on Syrian forces was intentional. Furthermore, that as a result, the US is responsible for breaking the ceasefire.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2016-09-22/ap-exclusive-assad-blames-us-syria-truce-collapse

Upvote 0