Dying daily with both death and new life in your body. ???

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the death in their bodies and the fear of God that the apostles experienced? Are they marks of a true disciple of Christ? Are they death pains which are actually birth pains? Do these pains come after your birth like it's backwards?

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

2 Corinthians 4:10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Isaiah 66:8 “Before she goes into labor,
she gives birth;
before the pains come upon her,
she delivers a son.
8 Who has ever heard of such things?
Who has ever seen things like this?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.
9 Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?” says the Lord.
“Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?” says your God.

Psalms 116:3 The [a]pains of death surrounded me,
And the [b]pangs of Sheol [c]laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you think of Christ being tortured, humiliated and murdered on the cross, do you empathetically experience being crucified yourself, the same as if it was your only child undeservingly being crucified before you?
I see people hurting each other with division and worldly matters

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what you see when looking to the torture, humiliation and murder of Christ?
Yes because Jesus died for that reason and we don't learn but instead we add to his burden and to each others burden. We keep hurting each other and Jesus

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,362.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes because Jesus died for that reason and we don't learn but instead we add to his burden and to each others burden. We keep hurting each other and Jesus
This messed-up cruel world is actually the very best situation for willing individuals to fulfill their earthly objective, so Christ did not come to make this world some heaven on earth place, but to help willing individuals pursuing the fulfillment of their objective. Jesus when through all he went through to help you and because of you.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,362.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are thirsty for love but we give each other hate like vinegar. We mock each other too.
Most people want carnal type love (they want to be "loved" for the way they want others to perceive them to be and not in spite of the way they truly are. People do not want to have unselfish Love.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This messed-up cruel world is actually the very best situation for willing individuals to fulfill their earthly objective, so Christ did not come to make this world some heaven on earth place, but to help willing individuals pursuing the fulfillment of their objective. Jesus when through all he went through to help you and because of you.
It's not good to be part of that world. It's sin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you think of Christ being tortured, humiliated and murdered on the cross, do you empathetically experience being crucified yourself, the same as if it was your only child undeservingly being crucified before you?
I've seen things. I call them visions. I don't know what they are. I have mental illness. But I felt many things. It humbled me greatly. I'm broken. I imagine the Lord's suffering were no better. I dont know anything. I just live one day a time and I seek healing. One day we will have new bodies and minds. One day there will be no more pain or death

• Prayers
Reactions: bling
Upvote 0