Biden Accuser Tara Reade Requests House Probe Of Sexual Assault Amid 'Twitter Files' Revelation

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does this mean that the records Biden took while he was a Senator are excluded from the law you cited?
It appears that Congressional records aren't handled the same way and in fact, Congress is working to rectify that

Jerry Moran (R-Kansas) said the bills also include technological upgrades. “When it comes to declassifying documents, our current analog declassification process is about as effective as using an eye dropper to drain a flood,"

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Does this mean that the records Biden took while he was a Senator are excluded from the law you cited?
The law is clear, yet the feds gave leeway to presidents, vice-presidents or high ranking politicians. It is not about simply having the classified documents, because Pence and Biden had them. When both of them discovered them the immediately handed them over. They will face no legal trouble. trump had them, refused to give them back, had the moved to avoid being found. If he would have just gave them back, but no - he said they are his and he deserves them.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The law is clear, yet the feds gave leeway to presidents, vice-presidents or high ranking politicians. It is not about simply having the classified documents, because Pence and Biden had them. When both of them discovered them the immediately handed them over. They will face no legal trouble. trump had them, refused to give them back, had the moved to avoid being found. If he would have just gave them back, but no - he said they are his and he deserves them.
I spoke to a friend of mine who has TS/SCI clearance. He said that because presidents and vice-presidents are still responsible for security issues up until they are replaced in office, the staff who have to move everything in and out in 6 hours probably dump everything into boxes to be sorted out later.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I spoke to a friend of mine who has TS/SCI clearance. He said that because presidents and vice-presidents are still responsible for security issues up until they are replaced in office, the staff who have to move everything in and out in 6 hours probably dump everything into boxes to be sorted out later.

Indeed. And what happens if they find classified documents after they were sorted out later? The article makes no mention of that. My assumption is that they turn them over to NARA with no penalties.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. And what happens if they find classified documents after they were sorted out later? The article makes no mention of that. My assumption is that they turn them over to NARA with no penalties.
Both Pence and Biden turned everything right back over as soon as they found the classified materials. So for them, this is a learning experience. How should classified materials that are part of their daily work be handled moving forward? As Senator Moran said, our current system of storing classified information simply does not work well with today's technology.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Both Pence and Biden turned everything right back over as soon as they found the classified materials. So for them, this is a learning experience. How should classified materials that are part of their daily work be handled moving forward? As Senator Moran said, our current system of storing classified information simply does not work well with today's technology.
That is all well and good, but doesn't help today.

Why are we discussing this in a thread on Tara Reade?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The ones he returned without being asked after they were discovered?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The ones he returned without being asked after they were discovered?
Yes and the ones he was never authorized to have in the first place. Don’t forget the multiple unsecured locations. I am sure the Russian’s wouldn’t think to look in the garage by his Vett. Oh yea I almost forgot the garage was locked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes and the ones he was never authorized to have in the first place. Don’t forget the multiple unsecured locations. I am sure the Russian’s wouldn’t think to look in the garage by his Vett. Oh yea I almost forgot the garage was locked.
What makes you say that he wasn't authorized to have them in the first place? We don't even know what they were - could've been senate briefing notes for all we know.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes and the ones he was never authorized to have in the first place.
You know that how? From what I've read, they were docs of such little consequence that NARA wasn't even aware of them. Same with those that Vice President Pence had.
Don’t forget the multiple unsecured locations.
The storage area in Penn Biden Center was secure, as was the office that's off the garage.
I am sure the Russian’s wouldn’t think to look in the garage by his Vett. Oh yea I almost forgot the garage was locked.
That reminds me of the hilariously ridiculous bit that Glenn Beck did about Russians trying to get Hunter to trade them the highly prized garage documents for money so he could pay for his drugs.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What makes you say that he wasn't authorized to have them in the first place? We don't even know what they were - could've been senate briefing notes for all we know.
Quote from article:”Between November 2022 and January 2023, approximately 25 to 30 classified government documents were discovered by President Joe Biden's attorneys in his former office at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C., and in his personal residence in Wilmington, Delaware, dating to his time in the Senate and his vice presidency in the Obama administration.[1][2][3]

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know that how? From what I've read, they were docs of such little consequence that NARA wasn't even aware of them. Same with those that Vice President Pence had.
See post #133

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quote from article:”Between November 2022 and January 2023, approximately 25 to 30 classified government documents were discovered by President Joe Biden's attorneys in his former office at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C., and in his personal residence in Wilmington, Delaware, dating to his time in the Senate and his vice presidency in the Obama administration.[1][2][3]
You said not authorized "in the first place". This is wrong if, by that, you mean that he was never authorized to have them at all.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
President Biden had classified documents in the garage of his Delaware home Documents were in the garage! But any foreign agents would likely take the Vett first.
>> Lawyers for President Joe Biden have discovered additional documents with classified markings in a storage space in the garage of his Wilmington, Del., residence, the special counsel to the president announced Thursday. <<
They weren't just lying as you guys keep pretending. Oh, and it's Vette by the way.
See post #133
I'm not sure why you think the part you quoted was news to myself or Daisy. Again, they were apparently of such little consequence that NARA was unaware of them, much less trying to get them back.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do realize that his home was under Secret Service protection right? The only people who would have been able to approach the house, or the garage, would have been people who are supposed to be there.
So we can apply the same defense to Trump as well?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So we can apply the same defense to Trump as well?
I suppose, though arguably it's different since unlike Biden or Pence he lived in a hotel, which by the nature of things would be a lot harder to secure. But that really doesn't matter because Trump isn't in trouble because he had the documents, but because he refused to give them back.

Upvote 0