Biden Accuser Tara Reade Requests House Probe Of Sexual Assault Amid 'Twitter Files' Revelation

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Briahna Joy Gray and Robby Soave react to news that Tara Reade, President Joe Biden's former Senate aide who accused him of sexual assault, is pushing for a full investigation into the president over her allegations, as well as Hunter Biden's laptop, according to Newsmax."

Lots of difference between how this accusation was dealt with by the media vs. how the media dealt with Justice Kavanagh's earlier accuser. This case also seemed more substantiated, but it was not the story that the media and the establishment wanted to be told.

One interesting note, House minority leader Hakeem Jefferies supported some kind of investigation 2 years ago when this story first broke, so will he stick to that position, or tow the party line?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Briahna Joy Gray and Robby Soave react to news that Tara Reade, President Joe Biden's former Senate aide who accused him of sexual assault, is pushing for a full investigation into the president over her allegations, as well as Hunter Biden's laptop, according to Newsmax."

Lots of difference between how this accusation was dealt with by the media vs. how the media dealt with Justice Kavanagh's earlier accuser. This case also seemed more substantiated, but it was not the story that the media and the establishment wanted to be told.

One interesting note, House minority leader Hakeem Jefferies supported some kind of investigation 2 years ago when this story first broke, so will he stick to that position, or tow the party line?
Very interesting, Poor Joe, it is going to be a very long two years if he makes it that far.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This case also seemed more substantiated, but it was not the story that the media and the establishment wanted to be told.
Really? In what way? From all that I read it was not only not substantiated but extremely improbable that she was assaulted in the place and manner she alleged.

If the Republican House takes this up, fine. I doubt they will find any different than before. Another spite investigation - if they do too many of these, the public may lose patience with their antics.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I realize the Twitter Files have gotten all sorts of people unreasonably excited, but Tara Reade accuses Biden of assaulting her in 1993, some 13 years before Twitter came into existence.

What possible relevance do the Twitter Files have to her allegations?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I agree....it's not even a question of whether or not it's more substantial. It is.

Is it substantial enough to hold him accountable? Nothing I've seen says so.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I realize the Twitter Files have gotten all sorts of people unreasonably excited, but Tara Reade accuses Biden of assaulting her in 1993, some 13 years before Twitter came into existence.

What possible relevance do the Twitter Files have to her allegations?
Imagine people talking about this on Twitter....and being silenced, removed, or the algorithm altered to keep it from going viral.

Not a big deal...unless you know, you thought that Twitter was about promoting conversation and creating dialogue....or if the government is in any way involved in who and what gets edited and such.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Really? In what way? From all that I read it was not only not substantiated but extremely improbable that she was assaulted in the place and manner she alleged.
I figured it would cause a big investigation when it happened....so I didn't pay it much attention. When it got squashed I thought well....no more believing women.

But later I read she had told at least a couple of people when it had happened. Her mother was one, when on a national radio show, spoke about it.....but didn't name Biden directly. Still that's a wide gulf between Biden and the Kavanaugh case.

In the Kavanaugh case....no one had ever heard a peep about the assault until his SCOTUS nomination. The people who could have corroborated the story....actually provided evidence for Kavanaugh's account that he wasn't there.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Imagine people talking about this on Twitter....

Yes, I can imagine the government stifling Twitter's free speech. But I don't see how it matters to her and her claim.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I agree....it's not even a question of whether or not it's more substantial. It is.

Is it substantial enough to hold him accountable? Nothing I've seen says so.
Well, that is true, but pretty much because of statute of limitations. We can't have people turn our society upside down because they in their personal trauma need a few decades to get up the nerve to take some kind of formal action, when most of the proof and witnesses that would help them make an airtight case, necessary for conviction have disappeared, died etc.

But this is totally fair based on what the Democrats have done to Kavanagh, Clarence Thomas, the Stormy Dainels stuff in the media etc. and her story does have the hall marks of veracity. (There is a book that came out years ago, called "Never Be Lied Too Again" and if you look at her testimony under the books criteria her testimony fits its criteria.).

Besides this, I think the Democrats should be punished for their early coronation efforts. They try to pick obviously flawed candidates and make them thee official one way too early, not to mention the fact they made it OK for Biden to not really campaign that much under the Covid excuse (I think that was done intentionally to mask his cognitive problems and control his gaffes).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

"More substantiated" in what way?

The fbi followed white house directive and didn't pursue all avenues for Kavanaugh's accusers.
Not surpriaing it's not very substantiated if no meaningful effort was out in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The fbi followed white house directive and didn't pursue all avenues for Kavanaugh's accusers.
According to the FBI?
Any way.

There's absolutely zero evidence on Kavanaugh. There's not one person who Ford could point to and say, "Well I did tell this person about it, shortly afterward."

We talking about Ford? Or random drunken college girls?

It's a big problem for the FBI when you can name people who were there....and they don't agree with your accusations, at all.

That just becomes evidence for the accused. If it's piling up much faster than evidence for the accuser...what exactly did you want them to do?

If you want to make a 10+ year old accusation about a sexual assault that you didn't report to the police....you can really only hope for....

1. Someone else remembering it....because they were there and witnessed it.

2. Someone whom you mentioned it to remembers you talking about it.

That's about it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, that is true, but pretty much because of statute of limitations. We can't have people turn our society upside down because they in their personal trauma need a few decades to get up the nerve to take some kind of formal action, when most of the proof and witnesses that would help them make an airtight case, necessary for conviction have disappeared, died etc.
I don't really mind that a series of women had the exact same accusations of Bill Cosby or that multiple women had similar accusations of Weinstein....

But yeah make those accusations to the police....if you intend to make them public. If you mess around, you might end up in a defamation suit like Amber Heard.

But this is totally fair based on what the Democrats have done to Kavanagh, Clarence Thomas, the Stormy Dainels stuff in the media etc. and her story does have the hall marks of veracity. (There is a book that came out years ago, called "Never Be Lied Too Again" and if you look at her testimony under the books criteria her testimony fits its criteria.).

You're talking about the inappropriate content star who claims to have had sex with Trump?

Besides this, I think the Democrats should be punished for their early coronation efforts. They try to pick obviously flawed candidates and make them thee official one way too early, not to mention the fact they made it OK for Biden to not really campaign that much under the Covid excuse (I think that was done intentionally to mask his cognitive problems and control his gaffes).
Clearly. I thought it was strategy at first and the accusations of cognitive decline were fabricated. I thought they figured Trump could punch himself out by not putting anyone in front of him....but yeah, Biden is hard to watch. He's just not there....and it's not something they can hide entirely.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I can imagine the government stifling Twitter's free speech. But I don't see how it matters to her and her claim.
I think you're supposed to imagine what might have happened because that's as close to reality as we're going to get. Kind of like imagining house republicans actully have a plan to tackle inflation and will implement that plan rather than push made up nonsense to foster manufactured outrage as a distraction.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I figured it would cause a big investigation when it happened....so I didn't pay it much attention. When it got squashed I thought well....no more believing women.
It was investigated. The coverage was extensive - why do you say it was "squashed"? It was not no more believing women, lols, but listen to each one and check it out. This one didn't check out very well.

But later I read she had told at least a couple of people when it had happened. Her mother was one, when on a national radio show, spoke about it.....but didn't name Biden directly. Still that's a wide gulf between Biden and the Kavanaugh case.
Hm, what I remember is that she didn't report it as she said she had. The way she described the assault was in a busy corridor in the middle of a work day. HR remembers her leaving. She did some grifting over the years. I would have to look up the details - this is just what I remember.

In the Kavanaugh case....no one had ever heard a peep about the assault until his SCOTUS nomination. The people who could have corroborated the story....actually provided evidence for Kavanaugh's account that he wasn't there.
Oh! What about!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're talking about the inappropriate content star who claims to have had sex with Trump?
The saga of Peggy Peterson and Daniel Dennison

The one Michael Cohen went to prison for paying off while Trump remained the unindicted co-conspirator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't really mind that a series of women had the exact same accusations of Bill Cosby or that multiple women had similar accusations of Weinstein....

But yeah make those accusations to the police....if you intend to make them public. If you mess around, you might end up in a defamation suit like Amber Heard.

Clearly. I thought it was strategy at first and the accusations of cognitive decline were fabricated. I thought they figured Trump could punch himself out by not putting anyone in front of him....but yeah, Biden is hard to watch. He's just not there....and it's not something they can hide entirely.
Oh, I wouldn't read to deeply into my comments Ana. There are some political threads I occasionally put a lot of thought into. Exploring US policy to dangle NATO membership to Ukraine prior to the latest Russian invasion is one of those topics (Outside of nefarious reasons, from a normal common sense / self-interest perspective prior US policy with Ukraine does not make a lot of sense). But this thread isn't one of those, but a more casual "OH gee isn't this interesting" thing, and of course a little bit of schadenfreude on my part vs. the other side of the political aisle.

I would say, I have been interested in doing more in-depth topics in politics on topics where the media has done a bad job on reporting something etc. and I even like doing that as a kind of rough draft or a springboard, for some kind of Blogging project or video series. This is something I do more on the Christian end of things, but there has been talk about maybe broadening out what I do when it comes to trying to start video channels etc.

But back to the topic, on this thread besides casual interest I'm interested from a standpoint of Systems Theory. That is something that is always at work including in politics and real life. I would compare things to how American progressives like to blame all the problems in the African American society on racism, rather than the more likely culprit the rise of delinquency that came the breakdown of the family / rise of the single mother led family that came from the various projects of the Great Society, along with other things like the Sexual Revolution, and the rise of recreational drug use. As long as you blame the problem on some minor factor, rather than the root cause you can never really solve the problem. Of course, some folks benefit from the current arrangement of things... :)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It was investigated. The coverage was extensive - why do you say it was "squashed"? It was not no more believing women, lols, but listen to each one and check it out. This one didn't check out very well.
Investigated by whom?

Hm, what I remember is that she didn't report it as she said she had. The way she described the assault was in a busy corridor in the middle of a work day. HR remembers her leaving. She did some grifting over the years. I would have to look up the details - this is just what I remember.
I recall her saying she was alone with the president at the time.

Oh! What about!
Well in the Ford case for example...Kavanaugh's testimony and Ford's cancel each other out.

Then you get the list of 5 or 6 people she recalls being there...and the FBI ask them if they remember the party or Kavanaugh being there...

Person 1--No I didn't see Kavanaugh there....

So that becomes Ford 0 , Kavanaugh 1.

Person 2--No I don't recall Kavanaugh being there.

So that becomes Ford 0, Kavanaugh 2...

Because when we're talking about 30 year old memories, we're talking about the worst kind of evidence available. It's going get weighed the same. By the time it's Kavanaugh 5....Ford 0 it doesn't really matter if Ford gets 1 or 2 people who think they recall Kavanaugh being there...the FBI are going to say it's most likely he wasn't there....as they should.

The best thing the FBI did was end the investigations. They could have just came out and said it seemed far more likely his accusers were either deliberately lying or had poor memories.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I wouldn't read to deeply into my comments Ana. There are some political threads I occasionally put a lot of thought into. Exploring US policy to dangle NATO membership to Ukraine prior to the latest Russian invasion is one of those topics (Outside of nefarious reasons, from a normal common sense / self-interest perspective prior US policy with Ukraine does not make a lot of sense). But this thread isn't one of those, but a more casual "OH gee isn't this interesting" thing, and of course a little bit of schadenfreude on my part vs. the other side of the political aisle.

I would say, I have been interested in doing more in-depth topics in politics on topics where the media has done a bad job on reporting something etc. and I even like doing that as a kind of rough draft or a springboard, for some kind of Blogging project or video series. This is something I do more on the Christian end of things, but there has been talk about maybe broadening out what I do when it comes to trying to start video channels etc.

But back to the topic, on this thread besides casual interest I'm interested from a standpoint of Systems Theory. That is something that is always at work including in politics and real life. I would compare things to how American progressives like to blame all the problems in the African American society on racism, rather than the more likely culprit the rise of delinquency that came the breakdown of the family / rise of the single mother led family that came from the various projects of the Great Society, along with other things like the Sexual Revolution, and the rise of recreational drug use. As long as you blame the problem on some minor factor, rather than the root cause you can never really solve the problem. Of course, some folks benefit from the current arrangement of things... :)
I can recall, posters on here responding to me, after I pointed out that there was no evidence against Kavanaugh that they were being....ridiculous....they replied that they simply believed in Ford, because her testimony was enough. When I pointed out that Kavanaugh's testimony was the exact same evidence with the exact same credibility ...they just shrugged.

Now, I didn't really believe they thought what they claimed but....how could I prove it?

Then, lo and behold, here comes Tara Reade....accusation should have been enough but even better, she worked under Biden on his team. Already more evidence than Ford could conjure up.

None those same people demand any investigation, claim they cannot in good conscience vote for Biden. Now I know, liars, hypocrites, two faced charlatans or morons it doesn't matter....

Next time they tell you to believe all women just respond "Tara Reade".

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If the Republican House takes this up, fine. I doubt they will find any different than before. Another spite investigation - if they do too many of these, the public may lose patience with their antics.
If the Republicans do too many of these they will clean up the swamp a little bit at a time.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the Republicans do too many of these they will clean up the swamp a little bit at a time.
Spite investigations just make the swamp even swampier. It would certainly put the lie to any claim of their being fiscal conservatives.

Upvote 0