Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Following her speech, top Democrat Rep. Jamie Raskin accused Rep. Greene of “repeating Putin’s propaganda and disinformation.”

It’s time to pay attention to our country and our borders.

Today, I’m voting NO to the $40 Billion America LAST Ukraine First spending bill." pic.twitter.com/mycfSH03D4

— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (@RepMTG) May 10, 2022

All kinds of websites are talking about baby formula shortages...
The borders! Will no one think of the borders?!
GOP Talking Point Memo by Jim Jordan.

tl;dr: Make everything about the southern border.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The borders! Will no one think of the borders?!
GOP Talking Point Memo by Jim Jordan.

tl;dr: Make everything about the southern border.

From your link:

"a memo obtained by The New York Times that offers a road map for how the G.O.P. intends to further weaponize an issue that is already a main thrust of their midterm campaign message against Democrats."

I can't find this 60-page guidance memo... so how did the NYT "obtain" it? And what's up with the term "weaponize" an issue? Is that supposed to be an emotional response trigger?

Have you found this memo?

If it's confidential... isn't there a spy in the midst? Or is this just disinformation?

"The memo — which is marked “CONFIDENTIAL — FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY”..."
confidential memo obtained by NYtimes shows how GOP will weaponize immigration for the election - Democratic Underground

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
From your link:

"a memo obtained by The New York Times that offers a road map for how the G.O.P. intends to further weaponize an issue that is already a main thrust of their midterm campaign message against Democrats."

I can't find this 60-page guidance memo... so how did the NYT "obtain" it? And what's up with the term "weaponize" an issue? Is that supposed to be an emotional response trigger?

If it's confidential... isn't there a spy in the midst? Or is this just disinformation?

confidential memo obtained by NYtimes shows how GOP will weaponize immigration for the election - Democratic Underground
A moot point, as the GOP has already been carrying out this policy for some time.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From your link:

Are the Republicans or Jim Jordan himself denying that this memo is not legit?

People leak to the press all the time, especially politicians.

Not necessarily a spy as much as someone who has reasons of their own (control the narrative, sabotage a rival) to leak. Just disinformation - it that were so, then Rep. Jordan should speak up.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This belongs in "conspiracy theory".
It's been assessed and rated at Politifact (linkie).
meter-false.jpg

• The World Health Organization is revamping the international rules for responding to pandemics.
  • The U.S. proposal would press the WHO to investigate outbreaks, offer help and recommend certain actions to affected countries.
  • Any country could reject any recommendation and the worst that would happen is its position would be shared publicly, along with any information gleaned about the outbreak.
See the sources for this fact-check

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
US sovereignty must be a weak and fragile thing if it can be undermined by the medical opinions of a bunch of (unarmed) doctors--or semiliterate Central American peasants (also unarmed) for that matter. Back in the day--before conservatives took ownership of what our sovereignty consists of--it would have taken a massive armed force to even attempt it.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
From your link:

A moot point, as the GOP has already been carrying out this policy for some time.

Not really, since how they got this "confidential" memo is still up for grabs.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Are the Republicans or Jim Jordan himself denying that this memo is not legit?

People leak to the press all the time, especially politicians.

Not necessarily a spy as much as someone who has reasons of their own (control the narrative, sabotage a rival) to leak. Just disinformation - it that were so, then Rep. Jordan should speak up.

Wouldn't someone who wants to "control the narrative" or "sabotage a rival" have to be at least something like a spy? It's not likely that a wolf without sheep's clothing would be let into the fold, is it? No politician who was truly worried about securing the borders would leak such information to the MSM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
US sovereignty must be a weak and fragile thing if it can be undermined by the medical opinions of a bunch of (unarmed) doctors--or semiliterate Central American peasants (also unarmed) for that matter.

:eek: Weren't you previously supporting the people you NOW call "semiliterate peasants"?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't someone who wants to "control the narrative" or "sabotage a rival" have to be at least something like a spy?
No, it could be a power play within the circle.

It's not likely that a wolf without sheep's clothing would be let into the fold, is it? No politician who was truly worried about securing the borders would leak such information to the MSM.
By "rival" I don't mean the opposition, but someone vying for power in the team. The borders are largely secure - that is just a talking point, it isn't real.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
No, it could be a power play within the circle.

By "rival" I don't mean the opposition, but someone vying for power in the team. The borders are largely secure - that is just a talking point, it isn't real.

:eek: "The borders are largely secure"

Where are YOU living?

Video from the Texas Border

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
:eek: Weren't you previously supporting the people you NOW call "semiliterate peasants"?
Why not? They are generally unlettered members of the rural subsistance class and have very little money. Is that a reason not to support them? As to my "supporting" them, that merely amounts to not being afraid of them as conservatives are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
:eek: "The borders are largely secure"

Where are YOU living?

Video from the Texas Border
How does a video about apprehended aliens show that the border is insecure? I would have thought it showed just the opposite.
No, no you gotta click on the link in the linked thread, or I’ll just post it here.
This august “news source” has the street address of
9251 Ridgeville Road
Leasburg NC, 27291, here’s a picture of their World Headquarters (supposedly),6B54913C-60D4-46D4-98A0-D1C8EBC08ADD.png

Of course this is just a “news aggregation” site, the video is from the Next News Network channel on the YouTube machine.
The media bias site I checked ran out of room on the LEFT/RIGHT spectrum for the good people there at NNN.

Oh and the “video” is of two Senators jawboning in front of a camera. Two months ago.

Watching the video the “journalist” tells us what the facts are and admonishes us to don’t let anybody “tell you different”, you know, like how “real journalists” do, that’s at 5:00 on the video.

Upvote 0